Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Scene Generator V. 0.5

Really glad to see you slowly coming along with this, you're coming up in the world SSMuu! I'm especially happy to see you utilizing the mouse function for the W&SG, that's the only thing I recall Mr. Mo's didn't have.

One thing I would implement into this script, if I were you, is all the things a scripter would need to write out, like window settings...

self.contents.font.name/size, bold, italics, etc
self.visible
self.opacity
self.back_opacity

Also, in the "Scene" portion of the generator, easily set up generic stuff we usually write out, like...

Code:
def main
  @window = Window_Blah.new
  # All this loop do stuff...
  @window.dispose unless @window.nil?
end
def update
  # Update these windows...
  @window.update
  if @window.active
    update_thiswindow
  end
  #...
end
def update_thiswindow
  if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
    # cancel se
    @window_this.active = true
    @window_that.active = false
  end
  # ...etc, etc...
end

Have like a visual linkage system that'll allow a non-scripter or a veteran alike be able to easily set up the basic no-brainer stuff of the scenes, then they'll already have that stuff done and can code the rest of the detailed stuff.

Kain Nobel":1l0bdvyn said:
One thing I would implement into this script, if I were you, is all the things a scripter would need to write out, like window settings...

self.contents.font.name/size, bold, italics, etc
self.visible
self.opacity
self.back_opacity

Thanks for the tip but "self.contents.font" would be kinda pointless since I don't have any text yet  :tongue:
and I already have "self.opacity"

I have no idea what you mean with
Kain Nobel said:
Also, in the "Scene" portion of the generator, easily set up generic stuff we usually write out, like...

Code:
def main
  @window = Window_Blah.new
  # All this loop do stuff...
  @window.dispose unless @window.nil?
end
def update
  # Update these windows...
  @window.update
  if @window.active
    update_thiswindow
  end
  #...
end
def update_thiswindow
  if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
    # cancel se
    @window_this.active = true
    @window_that.active = false
  end
  # ...etc, etc...
end

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.