Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Scene Generator V. 0.5

So in the future you will be able to make custom menu scenes the easy way with this script? You'll make tons of people happy =D
i'm following this topic!

fixed, tho you wont see it until next version :tongue:

gRaViJa":impclpay said:
So in the future you will be able to make custom menu scenes the easy way with this script? You'll make tons of people happy =D
i'm following this topic!
ya!  :thumb:

S S Muu, try out one of your generated scripts in a game. If there's a little black space below your boxes (make it full Y height), then it's not just me :tongue:

I tried to use it, and right now, there's black space under my boxes.

@gRaViJa- Yes, you will be able to make custom menu scenes. If you try out Mr Mo's, you'll kinda know what this'll probably end up as, only... Well... Less buggy, more features, and easier to use. Probably better too  :wink:

Yes. I extended the thing all the way. When I tested it in-game, it had black things underneath it... I'm saying I extended it with the mouse. Are you not getting that bug? I might've done soemthing wrong.

No, I'm saying when you test it like, as a scene in a real game.

I just did a test. It's a bug. If you type in 480 as the height (the height of the normal game screen), the window goes off of the page. You should probably fix that.

I'll send you a few screenies in a sec. Let me just take them :tongue:

Ok, here they are:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2025 ... ie1ji8.png
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4079 ... ie2fg5.png

Also, another bug. When you don't have a window selected, the 2nd menu (the one that would have height and width and everything if you had one selected) still acts as a menu. It still gives choices. You don't see them, but it should probably just be a blank window, and not a menu. Not sure if it's a bug or not, but just thought I'd bring it up.

okey, that's weird.
just tried but it doesn't happen for me  :crazy:
does it work ingame?

could someone else please tell me if it happen for them too?

jaydenfox":xg36aygh said:
Also, another bug. When you don't have a window selected, the 2nd menu (the one that would have height and width and everything if you had one selected) still acts as a menu. It still gives choices. You don't see them, but it should probably just be a blank window, and not a menu. Not sure if it's a bug or not, but just thought I'd bring it up.
No that's not a bug.

1. I just asked that  :tongue:
2. I really don't know, I'll try to fix it, but that would probably be hard since it doesn't happen for me

Hmmm... I'll try downloading from another host, for one thing.

Dang, you edited while I was typing... That means it doesn't count :tongue:

Edit: I just tried downloading from the other hosts, and it's the same thing.

cairn

once you get to add some of the stuff you are planing to do, this will be one really nice script. good job :thumb:

you need to add all of them too your game (window_*** first and Scene_*** after)
and then use this script to call it
$scene = Scene_***

jaydenfox":2i75zxl0 said:
Hmmm... I'll try downloading from another host, for one thing.

Dang, you edited while I was typing... That means it doesn't count :tongue:

Edit: I just tried downloading from the other hosts, and it's the same thing.
Show me your generated code.

No, it's not a problem with the code. It's a problem with the screen; it's not extended downward at all, and so when I extend it to the bottom, it's 9 pixels off... If you can make the screen 9 pixels bigger, that should work :wink:

but if I make it 9 pixels bigger it would look bad for everyone else since you seems to be the only one with this problem.
jaydenfox":1htaqz3n said:
No, it's not a problem with the code.
Maybe not, but just show me your generated script.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.