Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Scene Generator V. 0.5

I already deleted it anyway. I can generate anew if you want...

You know, I got something. If you make anothe rmenu and put it below the window part, then it'd be fine. I'd be able to see it all, you'd have a new menu for other stuff like text... And it wouldn't look awkward for anyone else!

Ok, here's the code:

Code:
#==============================================================================
# ** Window_0
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# This window was automaticly generated by S.S Muu's Scene Generator.
# Give credits if you use this.
#==============================================================================

class Window_0 < Window_Base
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Object Initialization
  def initialize
    super(-1, 0, 642, 471)
    self.z = 100
    self.opacity = 255
    @windowskin_name = $game_system.windowskin_name
    self.windowskin = RPG::Cache.windowskin(@windowskin_name)
  end
  # * Frame Update
  def update

end
end

so, it works if you put the generated script in a new rmxp game. but it look's weard in the editor..
Could someone else test to see if it happens for you too.
anyone?

Cool script, but the only thing is that its quite slow to use, because it takes a second or two before you can edit the next part. But oh well, this shows promise!

Mr_Smith":36umnx6k said:
..because it takes a second or two before you can edit the next part.
what do you mean?
that doesn't happen for me, I can edit the next part right away (or maybe I've missunderstand you).

I find it very fast. I can edit things easily and quickly.

And no, Muu, you have it wrong. It looks ok in the editor (extended to full length is 642x471), but it looks weird in the game because it's too short (heightwise) and too long (lengthwise).

I think that's because you have the menu bar made a lot bigger; messing with the windows GUI always seems to make RMXP windows smaller. I had similar trouble when using an Alienware skin.

In the next version I'll make so you can press F5 to make the window bigger, then it will fix that problem for both jaydenfox and everyone else with bigger menu bar or skin. :thumb:

So how is this going?

I really think it shows a lot of potential, and I'm just wondering how far you've gotten to updating it? If at all of course.
-Krobe

I haven't really heard from him in awhile. Last time I did hear from S S Muu, he said that he deftinately planned to finish... At some point. I guess he's pretty busy right now, so I'm not sure if or when we can expect anything new  :tongue:

haha okay,
Because my biggest problem with making windows is the trial and error of getting the size just right, and as soon as this has the save function it'll be too great of a scripters tool.
-Krobe

It must have been infected on your computer, becouse I just downloaded it and scanned it with dozens of programs and I got nothing :thumb:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.