Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Scene Generator V. 0.5

Scene Generator  V. 0.5

Introduction
This script is a scene generator, that means that it automatically generates scripts for scenes with windows and menus.

Features
Version 0.5
- Generate code

Version 0.1
- Create scenes
- Add windows to your scene
- Resize and drag around the windows with the mouse or move them with the keyboard
- Edit X, Y, Width, etc.. by writing it.

Future features
    Will add
- Add text, names, etc to the windows
- Add pictures, characters, etc to the windows
- Make menus
- Save and load your scenes so you can continue later
- Add Copy, Cut, Paste
- Add Undo, Redo
- And a lot more
- Please come with other ideas, really the two thing I need right now is ideas and time

May add
- Nothing here yet

Wont add
- Nothing here yet

Screenshots

F.A.Q.
Coming soon!

Download
V. 0.5
Mediafire
Rapidshare
Megaupload

V. 0.1
Mediafire
Rapidshare
Megaupload

Instructions
It's quite straight forward, you use the mouse for most stuffs, but you can also move and resize the windows using the keyboard.
If you want to resize with the mouse you'll have to grab the lower right part of the window (or just the right or lower part).

Keyboard controls:
Up, Down, Left, Right - Move or Resize the selected window.
Shift                      - Switch between Move or Resize.
Ctrl                        - Switch between fast or slow.

Bug Report?
- When it starts up it lags for some seconds, but I think that is just my computer. Could someone confirm this?
- Please report all bugs that you can find.

Author's Notes

Please don't ask when it will be done!

You are free to use the generated scripts in your commercial or non-commercial projects if credit is included.

Please do not redistribute this script without permission. If you want to post it on any forum, please link to this topic.

Credit
Vgvgf      - For the Input script
S.S Muu    - For everything else
jaydenfox - For bugging me until I agreed to do this

Looks great! im downloading it now. ill tell you what i think.

Edit: Downloaded it... Looks great plz make it so it makes codes and also you should put a copy button in there.. so you can copy the windows. Can't wait till your done.

Barunda":196732nd said:
Looks great plz make it so it makes code

I'm his beta tester at the moment, and have been since the start of this project... Maybe I'll even finish up being it since summer's coming. Either way, as far as I know, he's about 15% done with making it able to generate code. He's a pretty fast scripter, so you should probably be expecting it soon, meaning 'probably today or tommorow'.

I get an error each time I try to open Game.exe:

Code:
Script'  o Aleworks Library'line 387: RuntimeError occurred.
Wrong number of parameters: expected 2, got 3.

I deleted the line that was causing trouble:
Code:
      JoyGetPosEx.call(j, buffer, 72)

And it worked. It's an amazing script you have here, you really need to update soon, for this looks very promising!

-Krobe

Yea, just make it to where it can write code, and save, and load, and scene name...  and...

Well, it's cool and all, but it seems kind of pointless right now.  I'll keep an eye on this.

Krobelus":3vtzp4at said:
I get an error each time I try to open Game.exe:
That doesn't happen for me, I'll take a look at it.

Krobelus":3vtzp4at said:
And it worked. It's an amazing script you have here, you really need to update soon, for this looks very promising!

Thanks, I wont be home for 2-3 days, but after that I promise that I will make so it generates code.

hi122neo":3vtzp4at said:
Yea, just make it to where it can write code, and save, and load, and scene name...  and...

save, and load wont take long to make and scene name is already done (just not in the 0.1 version), and like I said I will make those when I get back home

hi122neo":3vtzp4at said:
Well, it's cool and all, but it seems kind of pointless right now.  I'll keep an eye on this.

Ya, I know.
I wasn't going to post it yet but jaydenfox kept bugging me to post it, so.. ya, here it is.  :dead:

Well, I'm kinda glad you posted it, I mean, it shows promise, even though you couldn't save it or anything, it's really good in my opinion. While your gone I'll try to think of a few features that might help improve it. One feature I'm really excited about is the save feature, because I'm just barely opening the door on scripting and this will help me open it further.

Good luck with this!
-Krobe

See? I knew it was a good idea to post it!

I think it's good as well. As of now, there are two other script generators that I know of: Dubealex's and Mr Mo's. The interface in Dubealex's in general is bad; it's either 1 frame or 20 frames, and there are like... 3 buttons that need pressing... It's really annoying. Mr Mo's interface is good because it's mouse-controlled, but no keyboard option at all which makes it less precise. Furthermore, you can only extend windows in one direction at a time in both of this generators while you can do both right and down at the same time in this one, increasing speed even further! Dubealex's is meant only to  speed up the process for experienced scripters, so trial and error will be irrelevant. When I asked him if he could do something like this, he said "Yeah! I'll try it out tommorow!" It was unexpected, but whatever. I started planting other ideas in his head too, like "Menu Generator" and things like that, things that do 99% of the work for you instead of Dubealex's thing which does maybe 10%. I showed this to Kain Nobel, my friend from another forum, and he said that he thought it was a lot like Mr Mo's, but better, and thought it looked good. I had no idea what Mr Mo's thing was at the time, but he showed it too me. It's amazing, except for the fact that it's buggy. The Data Text feature doesn't work, and that would've been probably the most useful thing. It doesn't have a 'nil class' for a lot of things, so it bugs out on you a lot if you delete all of the numbers... And it bugs out a lot anyway too. It can save things as well, though I never got that far. I don't think I ever even tried to generate script with it! I'll go do that now.

Edit: Just tried. Even the scripts that the thing generates are buggy! I can't get them to work.

OS

Sponsor

Yeah, this is a big improvement over Mr. Mo's, I think, although it is lacking in features right now.

I tried writing a Scene Generator in RMXP last year, but it wasn't fun. That's why I'm building VRE in C#. If you visit the VRE thread, you will probably find all kinds of features you could add. Just a thought.

Good luck.

~Owesome Scriptor

Yeah, I've seen the VGE thread. I was the one who asked if it'd be freeware  :grin:

I agree that the interface is already better than Mr Mo's, like adjusting window sizes with the mouse and having the keyboard option, but we have yet to see if he can produce as many features. He told me through IM he's shooting for as many or more... And Mr Mo's already has a good load of features.

Okey, now it can generate some scripts, tho you can't add text or other stuffs yet so it's still not very useful, but that will come too  :thumb:

Much improved!!! Now it's -more useful and much better than- Dubealex's generator!

S S Muu, you should probably edit the title to be Scene Generator V. 0.1

Err... Yes.

I'm actually using it to write a script right now, because it's faster than Dubealex's... And I actually know you  :tongue:

I'm really mad because I thought I had found a bug, but then it wasn't actually a bug... So...

(get on YIM)

Alright.

Basically, when I was typing in the scene name, it looked like I was typing in the window name too... But when I got out of the scene name thing, the window name  went back to normal.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.