Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RMXP.org's downtime: The whole story

Anonymous

I'm quite proud of everyone who was online during the chaos. We had only one person abuse their "admin" status. As someone in IRC said, the hacker was no doubt relying on everyone behaving far less maturely.

I really really really hope you can get a later backup up and running (even if it is just partial) - there was some information I really needed :(

ccoa;107567 said:
I'm quite proud of everyone who was online during the chaos. We had only one person abuse their "admin" status. As someone in IRC said, the hacker was no doubt relying on everyone behaving far less maturely.

I can't help but think that that's me for some reason...

Erk

It wasn't you. I'm not entirely sure if the guy who did it is still a registered user, I doubt it, but he won't be again either.

Anonymous

It'd be nice to know what it is we're doing that's making enemies. Except possibly enforcing the rules, which is out of the question to stop. It's not like the rules aren't right there in the wiki, hard to follow, and rule enforcement is arbitrary. :-/

That explains what happen. but sadly there a lot of scripts and materials lost now. but i hope at least theres a solution to that problem.

CERU

It's frusterating because my project thread had a lot of support and was moved to the Projects section, from the New Projects section. But the thread disappeared so now I'm back to where I started. :'(

Erk

Well, presumably now that you have learned from the support last time you can get back into the projects forum pretty fast ;) the only thing we can do with something like this is look on the bright side.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.