Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Realistic ABS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz

woops caps. anyways, um... i was near dead on your demo right? so i thought it would be fun to take off his armour and see a big number. but uh, when I clicked fight, i saw a really big number
somewhere in the range of like 400,000's. i think its a glitch or something. I would give a screen shot but my keyboard is like, retarded. it doesn't have a screenshot button.

omfg...
lol im an idiot...
i though you had to call a script or something like that...
ok nvm i got it
thx kale_ryuu

Kaz, I noticed that too!!!! and i attacked the enemy and it was like 200,00+ or something off the scales!!! haha, funny it was, funny it was...

Chuchan, No problem... i like to see this script progress and i can't wait till caldaron gets back with a great update... also... this is like one of the only ABS scripts to work for me...

Kaz

yea, calderon posted another demo throughout the posts that i found after i submitted that lol. he seemed to have fixed said problem...

Calderon, quick script question cause holy freaking crap man i love it.
k, i maaay just be forgetting something but in here is mentions ep...
wat the heck is an EP?
thanks dude.

Kaz

.... how do i freeze the time thingy? or better yet, how do i make my game's intro be a "Fade In" while having time exist? your advanced time thing is sweet, but i am running into conflicts with it.

Once again sorry for the double post but its late and no one else is on.... plus this just happens to be wat i am doing. ^_^

How to put like this:

I kill enemy, which is like boss. After killing, switch number 47 turns on and activates one one on the city?

How to put that activation on script?

This is actually quite easy. Make a event in the boss room (name it boss switch or something). Then you could make a conditional branch with "Enemy 1" is afflicted with knockout.: (make sure it is a parallel process)

@>Conditional Branch: [1] is [knockout] inflicted
@>Control Switches: [0008] = ON
@>
: Else
@>
: Branch End

Or, the way i would do it is that the boss drops a one-of-a-kind item, which would then be used in a conditional brach to activate a switch

@>Conditional Branch: [ItemName] in inventory
@>
@>

hey religion!
Are you getting this error in the demo you downloaded, or another project?
Well, either way...
Download this attachment and place it in a folder called HUD within your graphics folder (you probobly need to create it on your own)
This will surely fix the problem :)

Also, ive noticed that the character in the ABS is kinda slow... how do i change the default speed of teh character?
thx for the replies!

chuchan;241665 said:
This is actually quite easy. Make a event in the boss room (name it boss switch or something). Then you could make a conditional branch with "Enemy 1" is afflicted with knockout.: (make sure it is a parallel process)

@>Conditional Branch: [1] is [knockout] inflicted
@>
@>

Or, the way i would do it is that the boss drops a one-of-a-kind item, which would then be used in a conditional brach to activate a switch

@>Conditional Branch: [ItemName] in inventory
@>
@>

Thanks!

This is a great script...

(Don't kill me if this has been asked before.)

Is there a way to make it so that the hero has ranged attacks, or is it melee only?

(Or is there a way to make the range of the hero's attack depend on the weapon they have?)

well well well my friend... seems like you have ran into a dead end... well go to the script section and find the config or what not for the abs and if you scrool down you'll find a nice spot for range weapons that you can set up... hehe... my comp has slowed down and i just typed without seeing that whole line... anyway... once there you should find an area that is for the range and there shall be different setups for it... like range = @ or something and a number... change the number to what ever spaces... anyway... yeah... do it...

hope caladron gets back to update more...
and in the later demos can the enemy see through the walls?!?!O_o

I'm assuming I need to change this little tidbit of coding...?

Code:
  class Weapon
    attr_accessor :range
    def set_range
      @range = 1 
      case self.id
      when 1..4
        @range = Math.sqrt(2)
      when 5..8
        @range = 2
      end
    end
  end
end

I'm not very big on scripting and whatever...So what exactly do I have to do? lol

Code:
  class Weapon
    attr_accessor :range
    def set_range
      @range = 1 
      case self.id
      when 1..4 -Weapons 1 through 4 are close melee!
        @range = Math.sqrt(2)
      when 5..8 -Weapons 5 to 8 are range (you can change these!!!)
        @range = 2
----------------------------------------------------
(add this right here to your script at this point...)
When (Put the Weapon Number Here, Weapon '10' is a Super Bow EX.)
@range = (How far away you can hit the enemy, 10 can hit an enemy '50' tiles away, thus 1 enemy that may be 50 tiles away can get hit!)
-------------------------------------------------
      end
    end
  end
end

take note not to add the dashes or my ( ) input...

just :
When #
@range #

then you can add what ever you want... same goes for skills... just find the skill section and do the same...:D

sayonara8-)

Alright, thanks a bunch!

EDIT: ...Something is definitely wrong with your ABS, or one of the scripts in your ABS. No matter what I CAN NOT get switches to work. No Self Switches, no switches, nothing.

Thi sis very good, but, it doesn't work with F0tz!baerchens pixelmovement. Can you, or F0tz!, make it compatible with each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.