Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Realistic ABS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, dudes!
I have finished the new demo, check it out

What is planned for the ABS/ Evergore System
  • Make a new Shop, in which prices are adapted to the Party's Charisma(á l'Astro_Mech)
  • Add [ON/OFF] Option for the HUD (requested by Barabian)
  • Rewrite the Thread

Done List (after this Demo)
  • Added Skill-Target choose AI (checks for states and grade of need for heal)
  • Fixed wrong Calculation of Gold/XP/Alignment (depents on how much damage is dealt by actor)
  • Added Ammo & Throw Weapons
  • Action-Rest is now dependet to the Weapon's AND the Skill's speed

P.S. the Evergore System is necessary for the ABS, without it, there will occur a lot of errors...

Wow, it was already nice at first..
it's nearly perfect now

I just.. noticed that size of animations in the map were reduced
can I readjust that without enlarging every animations I made? '~ ';

And one more thing :b

I wanted to ON/OFF all the Hp/Sp bars and action mode
While, for exemple, the opening, epilogue..ect

So I changed a little bit, copying similar codes in the script:
something like..
=====================
module Absturn
ABS_ON = false
end

if (Absturn::ABS_ON)
........(contents of hud edit)
else
end

but I'm entirely illiterate in ruby(..so I think I've done a mess lol)':|
I succeeded to start prologue without thoses images, but now I can't make them apear during the game ..

Help me please:please: <-

hey i really like this system. im definitely going to use it. but could you please make it so when you press alt to enter battle mode it changes the heros graphic. its crucial for y game and itd be much appreciated.

Haye Folks!

The Reason, why i can't script anything at the moment, is that i've got problems with myself. I have Depressions, thoughts on comitting Suicide. Im getting better and can leave the Hospital, but i need more time to solve these Problems.

It's Agony for me the have some free Time which i can't spend on scripting.
I could, if i had a laptop, but noone seems to have one...
Anyway 'til i'm out there, there is no way to script...

I hope everybody has Understanding for that (if not go to Hell)
Caldaron

EDIT:
I got the Time to upload the new Demo (includes the mentioned things in Done List)
Vote it!

The RPG Maker won't let me continue an existing file or start a new one on my game. It says that it can't find an HUD background, but I have no idea what it's talking about. Someone help!

Jason

Awesome Bro

Can someone please take a screenshot of their enemy event, I haven't got a clue how to set it up, I keep getting syntax error.

for some reason, every time i play my game, this error comes up randomly, i have no idea why, but it comes up every single time it test play it about 2-3 minutes into the game. here's the error:

Script 'Realistic ABS' line 996: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'kind' for nil:NilClass

this is line 996 of Realistic ABS:
Code:
      if action.kind == 0
(and this is the rest of this part of the script -)
        case action.basic
        when 0
          return true if check_melee_attack
        when 1
          @guarding = true
          return true
        when 2
          return false
        when 3
          return true
        end
      else
        return true if check_cast_spell(action.skill_id)
      end

i need this quickly because im using it in one of the assignments for the game academy, and it's already late. any and all help is much appreciated :)

@swiftdeathsk: do you use the scripts of the newest demo?

I added the newest demo to the Attachments
I have finished the Shop System a while ago, but the prob is, that it is on the laptop of a friend and it seems, that it'll take a while to get it uploaded.

Anyway, if you use the scripts of the demo, most problems will be solved.

hey Caldaron. How to solve the problem that i didnt can change my stats over the database? i cant change str, dex or something else.

I decided to make the stats individual.
Because there will be a Stat Level Script (Need Stat Points to increase your Stats). The Problem was, that Evergore has no stat-gain-on-lvl-up, it has the point-gain-on-lvl-up-which-you-can-share-individually.
I also added a Class depending Stats, so a Human hasn't the Strength of a Dwarf aso.
Go to RPG::Actor to change the Stats, but you have to wait til i released the Stat spending Script...

ok thank you. but is there a way to remove this thing, to get stat gain on level up again? cause i tried much times to remove it, but i became a lot of errors.

ASAGE

Hello! I found much interest in your ABS system, more-so then others. However, being fairly new at the RGSS experience, I am unsure how this is battle animation compatible? What exactly am I editing and defining to enable this?

Err, sorry for this being so late by the way. I didn't notice the timestamps until after posting. I'm assuming this is still on, or?

Well, if I'm not the one bumping:
Is this compatible with other battle systems?
Because I really like the side view system I'm using, but want an ABS for some parts, when the bow and arrow come into play

Hmm... I have made it work, but I dont see any text... in shop I see only blank spaces and pictures, same in menu - I see only main part's writings, but the rest is not visible... where in the scripts is code of text? I'm using polish version of RM XP, so prolly theres some other font or smth...

Wow, nice! Once I saw how to control, I knew how it worked. Thanks, I will use it in my game. And, of course, I credit you.
Edit: and of course2: As with every script I add, it don't work.

Not sure if your still working on this script, but is there a way or will you be adding a way to animate the sprites? So I can switch his sprite for battle and non battle, when he performs as skill, blocks, uses a bow, takes damage and ect. If so then educate me, if not let me know if there will be a way in a future update. I'm ready to use the script for my project now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.