Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Realistic ABS

Status
Not open for further replies.
well,
I'm getting better every day, but i've got to find a flat and a job first, to keep up my existence, i hope this won't take too much time, 1 month max i guess.
There is much to do for me, so be patient.
There are things that have a higher priority than RMXP.

Til then, keep it up

Cal

Oh my god. You are my new god.

I have one suggestion/ query.

What about ranged attacks? would it be possible to have the enemies shoot arrows at you?

Itachi

i have a question:

what means this:

0 = Enemy attacks none
1 = Enemy attacks Evil
2 = Enemy attacks Player and Good
3 = Enemy attacks Player
4 = Enemy attacks Player and Evil
5 = Enemy attacks Good
6 = Enemy attacks all
7 = Enemy attacks Attacker

how can you be goo or evil?

What's wrong with it??
I can turn game on but when make event and start i got error:
"??? ABS 41??? type error????
cannot convert nil into string"

Can anyone say what is wrong? Maybe i just use wrong comments?

Itachi

is it possible to make range attacks like in mr.mo?s abs? with a bow or a flying fireball?

and when is an event good and when evil?

and more questions:

how work this questmanager?

I just started using this ABS today and I am very confused. It is a very nice system and I I like it just I can't set switches on monsters and put variables on monster's for quests and so on. Like I tried to put a switch under the conditions box by checking it off and finding the correct switch but it does nothing. All it does is make my monsters not attack and walk around doing nothing. The self switch didn't work as well. I put at the bottom "Self A" I left the area after killing the monster then went back in and the monster is still there. I also checked off the box under conditions for self switch "A" under conditions on event page 2. As far as the variables is I can't seem, to set it to where each of my monsters gives + 1 for a variable on the conditional branch of another character. All this does is make my other character that requires 3 variables and he has the conditional branch on him to do this, do nothing. So I will kill all 3 monsters(for the quest) then go back to the man and he does nothing and he is programed to do something. So these are my questions about your system. Sorry I am so stupid, and newbie, but I hope that you can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

-CofloQuest

I just figured out a problem with your system. If you hold the control button you can go through things. I mean you just walk right through them. This works anywhere as well. Please fix this problem.

Thanks in advance.

-CofloQuest

Nevermind: I figured out the problem it was my comp.... Sorry

Please do not double post until a full 24 hours have passed, not just one passing day. Thanks. ~Euph

my concerns... i downloaded the very first one... haha... now i see more...
but here is what i have to say...
its very nicely done...
no lag, no problems...
what i like to see is battlers that have a seperate attack sheet when they attack... like in Mr. Mo's or what ever it was... and yes i would like to see thrown or shot out skills or weapons...
this is it for now...

I was wondering if it's possible to make it so you can have a party that has AI. Like. In my game, I'm trying to make it so you could have 2 other members following you. The Train Actor Script works with the ABS, but the characters don't really attack.

did you give them ai and what not... im not sure you can make it where they will attack if you attack or if your hit they fight back... but i know you can still get them to fight the enemy... i have done it...

I think I got it semi working. Now I just need a better menu. For some reason my menu isn't working and I copied all his Scripts cause I thought I needed them all, but my menu didn't work, so I created my game over his and now no other menu but his will work.

just a basic question:
how to i make it able for the player to select teh skills he wants onto the skill hogtkey buttons?
also, how do i add party member to actually appear in the abs?

well im no scripter and all i can say is do what i just said to get party members to follow you and attack...

and the hot keys are 'a s d' just hit that key over the skill you can only have three equip at a time...

i don't know why im helping people... i just am... seems like owner of this script is out of the scene for a bit... and i like this script and would love to see improvements... anyway... sayonara!

Yea i understand that part now but how to i put spells into the ABS and make them actually do damage with their animation?

what ever monster they are set up as... give them the spell... and inside the script you can edit the range of some skills... look for the skills with range section...

no i mean how do you set up the main characters skills (as in the person you are controlling) and be able to use em against enemies?

First off, what are you talking about...
-range?
-just attacking in general?
-or what?!?!

--Range ; find the range part of the script and add the skill there!!!
--Just attacking in general : when looking at your skills hit 'a' 's' or 'd' to set it to them... then in battle mode and close to the range for the enemy hit, 'a' 's' or 'd' which ever you set it to! your SP does go down so keep an eye on that...

'Fable' Guildmaster : " Hero your will energy is low, watch that!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.