Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Project:GRID

Project GRID - Full Game Out Now!

Jason

Awesome Bro

Game: Submitted!

Yay, the game has been submitted, and just before that I updated the thread with a little more info (I added a Time Trial heading, a new enemy, and a new weapon, even though I don't have the stats of either of them with me, since Tuna coded them in and it's hard to follow what he does, or for me atleast since our styles of eventing are SO different, he uses all this weird jargon and I'm like... no idea. After the contest I'll ask Tuna what they are and put some official numbers there)

All that's left is for you guys to play it, and the judges to score it! (... They can play too ofcourse, duh!)

I just want to give a big thankyou to everybody that has been supporting us, it's been an amazing experience working on the game, and I'm surprised it all got done considering I didn't even join until a week later, and then didn't have anything to show until a week after that, the last two weeks have seen both me and Tuna work like a couple of chinese sweat shop workers, and I think in the end, all that hard work is going to show in the quality of our game!

So once more: Get playing and start posting, I want to know EVERYTHING what you think about the finished product! (Also, see if you can get those in game awards!)

All I have to say, is, good work. You achieved to make a balanced game that even if you die a couple of times, you still want to play it. The graphics, the music, everything conveys to give you a really good time to play. For people that will play the first time, of course, it will be hard, but as you play more, you feel you are achieving something, that you are gaining knowledge and experience through playing it. Congratulations! I really hope this is one of the winners of the contest, really.

Tuna

Awesome Bro

MarioSuperStar, after working so hard these past two weeks struggling to achieve that perfect balance and provide the player with that wonderful sense of achievement through good effort, it really pleases me to hear your feedback! I'm so glad that Jason and I were able to provide a pleasurable playing experience for you! Thank you so much for your support! :smile:

@Jason: ITT, Jason doesn't understand shorthand boolean arguments. :smug:

To everyone: Thanks to everyone who's been posting for all of your fabulous support! You'll notice I stuck a special thanks for you in the Credits section of the game. I know it's asking a lot, but please continue to support us! We would appreciate it if everyone would spend at least a few minutes with our project, and provide us with any feedback you may have, positive or negative. If you truly like the game, do us a favor and back us up with your public vote. All of our supporters are greatly appreciated! Thank you guys so much for helping make this possible!

vrety

Wow, your game amazing. When I try first time, I don't know how to play. But when after that I feeling with the car and press space fastest as I can to play again :thumb: :thumb: , the graphic,music and sound perfect too. I will play this game to reach more score and share this game with my friend :D .

Jason

Awesome Bro

Tuna":29f5y9pa said:
@Jason: ITT, Jason doesn't understand shorthand boolean arguments. :smug:

This is true... apparently :specs:

@MarioSuperStar and vrety

Thanks for playing the game! I like how you've both basically said the same thing, that even if you die, you want to try again, it means that we've done a great job with it! I'm actually really glad we decided to add Time Trial too, since it can become a very competitive mode if you're playing to beat your friends (I've already had two of my brothers playing it trying to beat their times), and I think we found the right balance in terms of difficulty and progression etc. And you're right Mario, I'll admit, it can be hard for newcomers, but as you've said, as you play more, and learn how the game plays and such, you'll become better at it, and then realise you have some sort of an addiction because you REALLY want to grab those awards :wink: (... Or maybe you don't, but hey, they're always there if you want to go for them lol... you guys should try getting all three :thumb: )

Game looks good.

Suggestions:
1. Going in reverse needs to have it's left/right directionals reversed.

2. Larger FOV / driving area
I'll say the same thing I've said about the other shooter hell games in this contest, is there a way to zoom out and see the entire map and/or a larger selection.
It feels to me like the cars get in a free hit when they first spawn because the viewing window is so small.

I agree about both points, after playing this for a while ... Especially the inversion of controls while reversing. Or maybe allow for a toggle between inverted or non-inverted controls?
(For future builds, after the contest.)

Lots of fun though.

Tuna

Awesome Bro

I actually had an idea to spawn new enemies outside of the player's view range and have arrow indicators notifying the player of enemy locations when they were outside the viewing window. But we were at the 100 event limit when I thought of it, so it definitely wasn't a feasible option for the free edition of Construct. Glad you guys enjoyed it!

Jason

Awesome Bro

I don't understand how inverting the direction while reversing would make it any better, I mean, we're using the default car behaviour, besides, how many cars in real life invert their steering directions while reversing? *scratches head*

(Also, sorry if I sound defensive, I'm just REALLY tired right now, lol :haha: )

This is definelty good game which features nice menu with another unlocking button which requires 250 points, lol this game is kind of hard to me, that i need to maintain the speed before the red cars and turret may annoy us.

I think this game needs to be balanced, that's all.

Good luck with the contest :thumb:

Great job guys :) I was really happy to play a game that was a little harder to play like mine :D I got erased a lot but like everyone else said it is a fun game, and when you die it just seems to make you want to try harder, and then eventually you get the hang of it.

Good luck with the contest :)

Hi guys, sadly we lost this game due to an error a while back so it was removed from the old Arcade.

Now that we have the new arcade I can confirm I have fixed the error and the game is now once more playable... an entire decade on!

Woop woop.

Wait there are tanks!?

tanks.png

Hi guys!

It took a few days to work out how to do it, but this is now integrated into the HBGames high scores system!

It will use your HBGames username, or Guest if you are not signed in.

It will post your existing high score if you have one.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.