Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

PrexCraft - Crafting Script

I will try my best to help you both..

@Takun
I translated the message 99%, though I don't understand what you said. :)
Though I think your trying to craft items, so follow the steps I did below to get
the icons and things to show. You have to get the item recipe scripts from inside
the script editor of his script.

Now in Spanish.
Traduje el mensaje el 99%, aunque no entiendo lo que usted dijo :D
Aunque pienso su intentar hacer a mano los artículos, así que siguen los pasos que hice abajo para conseguir los iconos y las cosas demostrar. Usted tiene que conseguir las escrituras de la receta del artículo por dentro del redactor de la escritura de su escritura.

Spanish of your words.

Takun":k5obrbi8 said:
Hi Prexus, i dont speak english well, if u speak spanish read this XD

Holas, Eh puesto tu script en mi juego, pero a la hora de poner la pantalla del script en la lista de "recipes" no sale nada pero en las otras ventanas si, tampoco aparacen los iconos, y supestamente los recipientes se tienen que aprender por "call script" pero igual aparece la informacion del objeto(resultado y componentes), ¿como puedo arreglarlo?

English of your words - Revised in English by me.
Hi Prexus, I don't speak English well, if you speak Spanish read this XD
How do you put your script in my game, but at the time of putting the screen of script in the list of "recipes" does not leave anything but in the other windows if, the icons do not appear either, and supestamente the containers must learn by "call script" but equal it appears the component information of the object (result one and), as I can fix it?

@Trickster090

There was a demo for this, but I think it is gone now. To craft armor you have to do
minor additions to the script. Follow the steps in the script, and you should be fine.
You have to.. Add new items to your database to use this script and the ones exactly I tell you, and more. Though I didn't post them all, only about half, the important ones.

Item I.D. 37 - Apple Pie Recipe.
-Details won't be posted.
Item I.D. 38 - Pocket Forge - Blacksmith item to craft weapons/armor. <- All you do is make a item for it, and your set. Though to learn things you must either get the script of the item code in Prexus items he made for us to use.
Item !.D. 36 Apple Pie <- After you cook Apples this is what it becomes.
Item I.D. 34 Pocket Oven - This tool is just like Forge, but it is for cooking.
Item I.D. 35 Apple <- Item used for cooking to make Applie Pie.
Item I.D. 33 Cold Stone <- Crafting Weapons.

This is all the basic items I will give to you as a example here is the code for Apple Pie.
Past this in start-up auto run and erase event. Make sure to go to script and past this into the auto run process. Script as script in the event, not in script editor.
$game_party.add_recipe('Apple Pie')

$game_party.add_recipe(' ') <- All you have to do is enter the item you want in here,
"Tempered" Sword" - "Cold Sword" <- Blacksmith.

This is how you learn to Cook..

$game_party.learn_trade('Cook')
This is how you learn to Blacksmith.

$game_party.learn_trade('Blacksmith')

Hope I helped in some kind of way.

Note:
If you need in Spanish Takun pm me.

Spanish Note:
Si usted me necesita en Takun español P.M..

This looks like an awesome script. I haven't yet tried it out because I'll been making recipes and items to use in those recipes, but it really does look like a winner.

I am concerned, however, by all the 14-recipe complaints.

Also, I'm wondering if it's possible to give a single item multiple recipes? For instance, I want to get a Full Elixir by combining either two Elixirs and an UP Concentrate, or a Full Potion and a Full Perfume. As it is, I have them as two separate recipes labeled "Full Elixir (Method 1)" and "Full Elixir (Method 2)". Is there a better way, or should I go with this? Thanks!

Yeah, the 14 item lists only seems to be a bug..I myself have about 120 recipes so far, and indeed only 14 show up, sometimes only 30..might be a conflict or a bug or a limit set in place.

There is a fix for the "14 item lists only" - bug... somewhere on the forum. Don´t exactly remember where, but even I managed to find it via a search, so I can´t believe it´s that hard to find.

Hey awesome script.  One question tho:  I am messign with the demo.. which line in the script do I have to mess with in order for me not to start with 99 of the items and such?

EDIT:  Nevermind, saw that it is an event :(

For the benefit of others whom are too lazy to use search, to fix the 14 item bug, simply replace all instances of:
self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, height - 32)
with:
self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, height + 32)

You can use CTRL-H (aka. Find & Replace) on the script screen to save some time in this regard. Or just look for them manually, whatever.

Crazy that a single minus can cause so many problems, eh? Such is the way of programming.

Puggy

Oh yeah I terribly sorry about my last post, I was in such a hurry cus I had to get off and somehow forgot the details....my bad...

anyways this is what happen:

I set up an event to learn all the recipes and get all of the items (as a test run) then when the event is activated, an error message pops up saying this:

NoMethodError occurred while running script.
undefined method 'add_recipe' for #<Game_Party:0x19e6658>

Can you please convert this script to VX. The first problem I have encountered when I use this script on VX is the RPG Cache. I think RGSS2 uses different method?

I actually already did make this for RMVX but I made it to be used in a mouse engine, so I will need to update it to be non-mouse.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.