Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

PrexCraft - Crafting Script

Don't double post.

If the Call Script is cut off, it acts a little weird. Try this:

Code:
g = $game_party
t = 'TradeskillNameGoesHere'
g.learn_trade(t)

I resolved my problems with the script i ended up just copying and pasting all my custom scripts and data to a new project and i got it to work. Thanks for your help Prexus and AMAZING SCRIPT!

This is an AWESOME script. I just need to know one thing..
I'm using it in my game Time to Split, it's for a board I go to. Anyhow, I'm making a tutorial at the beginning of the game that teaches you how to cook, crack safes, and pick the lock on doors. Anyhow, I can call the script fine, but I can't make anything. I have a recipe and the ingredients, but nothing happens.

Keke

@ Prexus : your Craft Script is great but it isn't perfect .... when craft an item , you should set a " Are you sure " window . How to do it ? I need it so much , please help me

This is cool. But I'd like to request some features for it...
1: Like Keke suggests, a confirmation window would be nice.
2: The ability to change the SE played when you make a recipe- I'd like to hear a 'clink-clink-clink' noise for smithing, and a bubbling/boiling noise for potion making and so forth. Just adds significantly to the immersion.
3: Perhaps a way to show how stats have changed from the base item rather than just showing the new items stats. This would be very useful in the case of weapons & armours; I may not remember what the base objects stats are, and when If I changing 'pointy sword' into 'vicious sword' I'd like to know what the difference is without having to check my inventory, write it down and come back again to ensure I'm not wasting my stuff...

I downloaded the DEMO, but it says I don't have the compatable player for it. I'm usin Postality Knights. I h8 it...
I WANNA USE THIS SCRIPT! I'VE BEEN LOOKIN ALL OVER FOR A SCRIPT LIKE THIS FOR MY GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, you just change the name of the type of the crafting item... whatever...
You know how when you put down blacksmith when you make an item? Well instead of putting blacksmith, you put like fletching, and when calling the crafting screen, you put fletching instead of blacksmith.

There may be a few other steps to that, or I could be completely wrong, but I hope I atleast helped with what NOT to do...

Is it possible to change this system so that it's more like Star Ocean 2's crafting?

For example instead of choosing the recipe, you choose the ingredients and you randomly make an item from a list of possible things to make. If you fail, you get another item. And some items can only be made at certain skill levels.

Is this possible? Great script nonetheless!

Well all i can say is...

HOLY CRAP! this is the system that ive been looking for! So long waiting... so long.... :'(

Just a couple quick question can i make the crafting option be in the main menu? Or do i just need to mess around till i find a way?

Yes as stated before is ther a way to add more TRADES?

Anyway ill be messing with this for awhile!

Keke

eharper256;150495 said:
This is cool. But I'd like to request some features for it...
1: Like Keke suggests, a confirmation window would be nice.
2: The ability to change the SE played when you make a recipe- I'd like to hear a 'clink-clink-clink' noise for smithing, and a bubbling/boiling noise for potion making and so forth. Just adds significantly to the immersion.
3: Perhaps a way to show how stats have changed from the base item rather than just showing the new items stats. This would be very useful in the case of weapons & armours; I may not remember what the base objects stats are, and when If I changing 'pointy sword' into 'vicious sword' I'd like to know what the difference is without having to check my inventory, write it down and come back again to ensure I'm not wasting my stuff...

Yes , this Script hasn't had a Confirm Window when craft an item yet . And Prexus - you should make it to complate this Script ^_^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.