Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

PrexCraft - Crafting Script

Hmm, I hope I'm not necroposting too bad... Apologies if so.

Anyway, I've been trying to get this script to work with Window_Help, but nothing's showing in the window. I'm pretty sure I know why (Recipes aren't considered items, thus no descriptions) but I'm not sure how to go about doing it.

User

you know how can i do to use the script as an skill? (to create a job called blacksmith)(calling the script with common event?)

I can't seem to get the script to show more than 14 recipes. I hope someone can help me! I worked VERY hard on my crafting system. Thank you for your time!

sargcj

Trenzer;167004 said:
I have a problem, it says this

Code:
Script 'PrexCraft' line 671: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'include?' for nil:NilClass

Any idea how to fix this?
Grandor;204193 said:
It would help if you provided what was on line 671.
I Get the same problem, and I didn't see how to fix it either.

Code:
def have_recipe(name)
    return @recipes.include?(name)
  end
Any help is appreciated :) and btw Nice script, I am a little new to the scripting so that might tell you something lol.

Never used this script but I'm assuming that it can produce more than one final item. Have the item you want to disassemble, then have the items you want it to have disassemble to as the final result...

sargcj

sillypieman;291592 said:
Looks good, but can you disassemble items with this? I've been looking for a Disassemble script.
An easy way would to be to use an item and make it give the items you first had... like you take a hammer and steel bar you make a sword, in another rescipie the sword can be used with something like a different type of hammer, and it gives you a used steel bar, or something like that. ;)
Id like to know if anyone could help me on my error tho. Still never found a way to get it working.

Hmm, good idea. Maybe I'll do that. I dunno if I'm going to use this though cuz I don't need levels and everything, I have a very simple crafting system. You just get new recipes after certain story points...so yeah.

But I'm not saying this script isn't amazing...it's actually incredible. I just don't need all the fancy stuff.

sargcj

lol your welcome :) I'm stilled stunned on the fact that you can script such cool things into this, the battle system is still probably the coolest stuff you can do that I have seen so far. but I'm a little off topic... This Script is really great, I just wish I Could fix this darn error i keep getting.

sillypieman;291963 said:
Hmm, good idea. Maybe I'll do that. I dunno if I'm going to use this though cuz I don't need levels and everything, I have a very simple crafting system. You just get new recipes after certain story points...so yeah.

But I'm not saying this script isn't amazing...it's actually incredible. I just don't need all the fancy stuff.

The fancy stuff is just what makes it all the more better ;)

I do love this script, it would have been better with a more solid way to make "desynthesis" recipes, but everything else works fine.

sargcj

I never found out why I got that error, and Also never got it fixed, anyone who has an idea or knows Ruby/RGSS that could help me would be very much appreciated ...
But yeah I wish I could script cool stuff like this. All I know is a little Java, So I know my way around OOP languages, but I don't specifically know Ruby/RGSS.

Is there a way to set your max level for a skill. Been looking for hours now, but it looks like you can level your skills indefinitely. And I see no line that tells you what the max trade lvl is.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Takun

Hi Prexus, i dont speak english well, if u speak spanish read this XD

Holas, Eh puesto tu script en mi juego, pero a la hora de poner la pantalla del script en la lista de "recipes" no sale nada pero en las otras ventanas si, tampoco aparacen los iconos, y supestamente los recipientes se tienen que aprender por "call script" pero igual aparece la informacion del objeto(resultado y componentes), ¿como puedo arreglarlo?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.