Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

post your desktop

I totally agree with Glitchfinder, however... Mine is actually pretty neat xD
I owe that up to 3 things:
  • I am on Windows 8; all my programs are on the metro thing.
  • I also use Skydrive, so most of my stuff is there, and I just create shortcuts onto the desktop...
  • I have slight OCD tendencies, and generally like things neat. ... plus I love my desktop :D
blt7.png

I'm bumping the thread just to show off what I've now got set up.

Side A:
pc.png

Side B:
mac.png

What I have is a program called Synergy running on two machines, I have a script on the Mac that starts a client up silently and connects to my Windows machine, which is set to silently start up a server.

I can press Ctrl Alt 2 to switch controls to my PC and Ctrl Alt 3 to switch to my Mac, I then hit a button on my monitor and my Mac is then usable.

What I plan to do is buy a second monitor, Synergy defaults with the setting to switch machines when you move the cursor off the edge of one screen, so I'm going to have my Mac's monitor to my left and I'll be able to just move the mouse to the edge of the screen and "onto" my Mac's screen and the same for moving the mouse "onto" the Windows screen.

I've also got a shared folder setup so I can code my cross-platform applications in one place, super useful.

One day I'll have an Ubuntu machine with a 3rd monitor to my left setup in a similar way for Linux application development (And then a machine in my living room with SteamOS on it for deploying applications to the big screen!).

So many computers in my house XD

Hey look, Strawberrii's J-faggory desktop! I apologize! I just finished watching Puella Magi Madoka*Magica and thought it was good. I don't even watch anime that much! I swear! ._.

BewWo0PCUAA1q_b.png:large

Injury":1i97jyg9 said:
Mine is 1920x1200 :O

Is that synergy thing you have a KVM device?
It's not a device, it's software, it is an input server for keyboard and mice, so a host machine can send it's keyboard and mouse events to a client machine, I set it up so Alt Shift 3 lets me control my Mac and Alt Shift 2 gives control back to my PC.

LaptopScreenshot_zpsbb21cd74.png

My laptop background! :3 Hi I'm fabulous!

All you people are talking about your fancy computers and I still have my laptop from 8 years ago. xD Any time I try to play a Youtube video the fan is like WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Although my desktop is admittedly still decent, despite being a few years old.

Xilef":1wiids36 said:
How do you people cope with screen resolutions lower than 1920x1080??? I could never live like that on a desktop!
Personally I have tunnel vision, so for me it's more detrimental to use a big ass resolution than a 4:3 ratio.

I could whine about how I have to scroll left to see half these damn huge desktops because they are so compensatory for actual dick size but I'll can that snuff since I'm an exception to the coup.
cC7Ruob.jpg

I have Windows 7, I go nuts.

BizarreMonkey":3g2ond2a said:
Personally I have tunnel vision, so for me it's more detrimental to use a big ass resolution than a 4:3 ratio.

I could whine about how I have to scroll left to see half these damn huge desktops because they are so compensatory for actual dick size but I'll can that snuff since I'm an exception to the coup.
http://i.imgur.com/cC7Ruob.jpg
I have Windows 7, I go nuts.
Dick size? High resolution = fit more on the screen = more visible code to read

MqNa2m1.png

Hi this is my desktop nothing much to see here nope

for the sake of commenting:
Strawberrii, that is absolutely adorable. I think I have a cavity now.
Spooky: #5 was totally the best humble bundle ever and I totally may steal that image for my own pc sometime maybe we'll see. good show
Injury: Like Clockwork is easily one of my favorite albums last year high five man

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.