Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pixel Art WIPs/Small Things Thread

I didn't intend for it to look like the RTP icons, but I guess it works, and yes, I'm probably going to make more.
EDIT: I think that something's amiss with the icon, but I don't know what. Does anyone else know, or are my eyes acting weird? Nevermind, I figured it out and fixed the shadow problem.

Rin

How does the animation look?

x23skm.jpg

Rin: You could probably twist the shoulders a little more. Make them get smaller or bigger when they go back and forward.

Here's a cave tileset for the HKCP that I've been working on for 8 months now. A whole two tiles! :dead: (don't judge me)
For starters I didn't know what I was doing and spent most of the time practicing different rock formations and getting things to tile neatly. But seeing it in this format I've got a clearer vision of where I'm going with this but I've still got a lot to do. Next step is the sides and places where the floor and walls meet. Eventually I'll need to make misc. rocks, doorways, stairs, various autotiles. Maybe even a water tile someday.

Stuff in red=coming soon
Shadows are fake, but could become real.

MicKo

Hi. I would like to have your critiques on my first try to do a character.

Any advice would be welcomed since I'm just starting this...

lockerlol.png

The right sprite is from Draglade, DS game - ripped by Grim.

I think the hair sucks... And there is a problem with the legs. And-and. Well, please comment !

MicKo, I think the the hair needs more highlights. Other than that, it looks great.

Here's a grass tile I made. it has 3 variations: dark grass, brown grass, light grass and a basic tile.
The idea is to make them almost identical, so I can place them near each other without hurting the eyes.
screen_grass.png

MicKo

Ok I tried... I don't really see any difference, it's kinda hard to make hair look like... hair.

I also made the first movements, kinda satisfied by those.

lockerlol2.png

EDIT : Okay, tried with another template. This one was too big.

locka.gif

MicKo: I like the new template. The hair looks much better and the eyes look more serious.
IDK what template you're using but he looks like he's marching in place to me. Twisting the shoulders in the stepping frames could help. But don't fret over little details, finish it first.

MicKo

lockabas.gif
lockadroite.gif
lockagauche.gif

Damn you, hair.

I'll try to change the shoulders thing, thanks coyotecraft. I have to do something about that hair first...

EDIT : Yoops, forgot the bracelet.

@BloodRage: Normaly I wouldn't response, I actually never do. But that looks REAALLY awesome. Keep on going dude, finish the character!

@bloodrage
You should clean up your shading a bit more because that dithering is over kill. Use it sparingly on characters.
Also his clothes feel too tight. Try moving away from the template some more, free up those lines.

Here's something I did last week. Actually, I made the head some time in October but anyone who I've done a request for can tell you that it takes me forever to finish anything.
My plan was to release a "Half-Kaizer Monster Pack" for Halloween, but obviously that didn't happen.
I'm real excited about this, I've got a feeling that people will actually use this if the material base is large enough.
Right now the hip is static, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the arms.

skeletonwalkwip.png

BloodRage":27loq2p2 said:
A New character from me ,on my best frinds template ;D

Kiwinuptuo_Male_Athletic222.png

Be careful on the shading, it looks like your pillowing it on the back skirt. Try to stick to one static light source on ALL game sprites, tile sets, etc. otherwise things will come out funky.

@LucyBomb: I think if you want to animate the hair; just give it a bounce. It does really need a swing to it and it's not that long to be moving all over the place.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.