Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New Mode7 script / Neo Mode 7 script

What would be cool is to be able to tilt the map in-game. So it starts off at 0 degrees and when a cut scene starts the camera moves to 45 degrees.

that?s so cool.. big step for al makerkinds.. i must.. i won?t but.. CRYYYYYYY :'( sooo cool

Keep on going for Map rotation ( then F-Zero will come XDXDXD )

Found out one problem:

If i use the Pixelmovement script from fOetz! (Non-SDK version ), the palyer moves by itself ( without pressing a key )... Is that normal, or is that only at my Game?

el felixio -> you can tilt the map in-game. Just call "$scene.spriteset.tilemap.M7_set_p(45)" in an event.

Sir Lord Biowulve -> sorry, but I don't know how the Pixelmovement script works... So these two scripts are probably not compliant.

Nice. I'll try that when I have time. Does it just change to that tilt level or does it slide into it? (That would be so cool)

Because it redraws the map complete with that code.. i think it won?t slide..

but you can make

<>Call_Script: $scene.spriteset.tilemap.M7_set_p(70)
<>wait 0.2 Frames
<>Call_Script: $scene.spriteset.tilemap.M7_set_p(68)
<>wait 0.2 Frames
<>Call_Script: $scene.spriteset.tilemap.M7_set_p(66)
<>wait 0.2 Frames
<>Call_Script: $scene.spriteset.tilemap.M7_set_p(64)
<>wait 0.2 Frames
<>Call_Script: $scene.spriteset.tilemap.M7_set_p(62)
<>wait 0.2 Frames
...etc...

I think that must work..

With "$scene.spriteset.tilemap.M7_set(45)", it will be an instantaneous change, and with "$scene.spriteset.tilemap.M7_set_p(45)", it will slide into the target level.

I almost thought nobody would thouch at mode7 :p

It's a really amazing stuff you show us here >o <!!

still, I've found a bug(?) :

seems changing player's graphic don't work
with this script :s

It's weird reading French then you come across the odd un-translated word or a familiar name.
I might make a racing event with this. Just to test out its capabilities.
Don't forget that Mewsterus made a mode 7 script, and that appeared first on rmxp.org. I don't know why some people are acting shocked at the sight of mode 7 on rpg maker xp when it's been done before.

Avadan -> There was no compatibility with the battle maps.

But I just finished this compatibility script :

** See the first post**

Just put Mode7 script above ZTBS and this compatibility script below.

Psykedeath -> That's odd... I tried to change player's graphic in an event and it worked

no, I meant, you can do the front of the building to look non-flat, but you can't make the roof or sidewalls to have perspective...

This might be a bit off topic but...
How map rotation would be working? What would happen with events triggered by the player if your map angle is something like 72 degres?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.