Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New HBGames Terraria Server: HYPERBOLE

Spoo

Sponsor

I'm going to be superbusy for the next two weeks or so with school stuff, so I really can't make any promises. It might actually be longer, depending on how much time I devote to ACT prep -- my test is in April.

This kind of sucks :c

Pulling server down for a bit. My machine's been lagging really bad and not sure why ...

Should be back up within 1-1.5 hours.

(edit: it's back)

Venetia":w01sfp15 said:
Pulling server down for a bit. My machine's been lagging really bad and not sure why ...

Should be back up within 1-1.5 hours.

(edit: it's back)

Any idea where all the lava just past the snow biome came from?

That was me. I was experimenting burning the corruption grass away. Then I used it to farm werewolves for a moon charm (that I never got). You just stand below the lava while the monsters dive in.
I was going to try using a pump to make a "firewall", but I haven't been on for a while.

Turns out Pumps duplicate water and lava. At least with the 1sec timer.
I think the pumps were designed for moving liquids to another area. Not for making fountains.

Also, holy crap. The corruption is really close now.

Jesus christ we're doomed

OEdbaUB.png

Anyone want to share ideas of what they think would make nice additions to the game?
Biomes, Equipment, Enemies Bosses...

I'd like it if some of the statues had more special effects. Like monsters wouldn't spawn or attack near an angel statue. Or have two statues you could teleport between, or something like a left and right gargoyle to warp you to either edge of the world.

Maybe a broom that could glide horizontally, useful on the surface until you got wings.

coyotecraft":3q9zwkjs said:
I'd like it if some of the statues had more special effects. Like monsters wouldn't spawn or attack near an angel statue. Or have two statues you could teleport between, or something like a left and right gargoyle to warp you to either edge of the world.

I want teleports so badly. It's boring just to get somewhere, especially oceans. I'd pay 100 gold for em.

I think Terraria's developers have abandoned the game quite a while ago, calling the last patch "the final patch" of the game. It was like, the first game that ever declares itself finished and never to be updated with new content again.

There are community modding tools after I googled it just now, but I'm not sure how powerful they are. Pretty sure it's not officially supported, however.

Spoo

Sponsor

Nah. Red has already confirmed a new content release -- something bigger than 1.1. He's holding until after the console release, but it's coming.

By then we'll all be happy with Starbound so no point really.

A little left of town I found a Demon Altar underground. I put up signs. That should make it easy to craft summon items.

I guess we've had some visits from clowns cause there are a lot of holes in the castle. Its weird but in all the time I've played Terraria I've only seen one clown and that was in my own world. I tried patching up the walls, but I'm to lazy to make it look exactly how it did before.

Someone made a monster spawn thing right next to the house and its cool but its really not in the most convenient place. idk why it was built there esp since it was there is a incomplete structure right above it.

I noticed people hadn't logged in in a while, so I pulled the server offline to see if anyone would complain (and mostly because I was trying to get some shit done and needed the CPU power).

No one has, so I believe I'm calling it a wrap on Hyperbole for now, atleast until the next major update!

Will post pictures of the final map and more detailed pics ASAP.

Thanks for playing everyone ~ I look forward to meeting you all again in StarBound ...................

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.