Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New HBGames Terraria Server: HYPERBOLE

Want to play Terraria with HBGames members?

HOW TO JOIN:

Step 1: Request to join in this thread. I will PM you the server password. Please do not share it with anyone I haven't approved.

Step 2: Start Terraria.

Step 3: Click Multiplayer, then Join.

Step 4: Make a brand-new character. Name it after your forum name (or close enough to it that other players will be able to tell it's you).

Step 5: When it asks you to Enter Server IP Address, type: samwhitten.boldlygoingnowhere.org

Step 6: It'll ask you for a Server Port. Type 1234

Step 7: Type in the password (which was PM'd to you).

Step 8: Enjoy!

RULES:

We've all played the game before (more or less). Our goal here is to make really cool-looking structures, and play as a team.

• After a few days, we will expect only nice-looking structures. No turd-looking box houses dotting the landscape. If you want to build, build nicely. (If after a few days we notice ugly structures, we may tear them down or build them up, without prior notice. We will, however, leave you a nice sign to explain what happened.)

• You're allowed to build "ladders" upward, but if they look crappy, expect them to be demolished.

• No "hellevators" (straight shafts down to hell) allowed. There will be "hellevator" contests, but pre-building will do nothing for you (it will be timed/supervised). You are, however, allowed to build shafts downward so long as you create platforms or stops to avoid "death drops". If you're making a shaft and someone stumbles down it and dies, I will award them some of your money! Don't be sloppy; it's not THAT hard to plonk down a platform or web or water or something.

• DO NOT INSTIGATE A MAJOR BOSS BATTLE WITHOUT A TEAM. In fact, try to schedule major boss fights. This includes Eater of Worlds, Skeletron, Slime King, Wall of Flesh, The Twins, The Destroyer, and Skeletron Prime.
    Here is how they are summoned: http://wiki.terrariaonline.com/Boss -- Please read it; you cannot feign ignorance on this one ;)

• No griefing or stealing. I have a program that can monitor this stuff! If you would like to share your chest item(s) with others, please use a sign to say it's communal.

• You can PVP as you like, but do not destroy structures. Major PVP battles will be done using throwaways during scheduled times.

• Use the trashcan in your inventory or lava to destroy junk. Don't litter chests with garbage materials.

• NO IMPORTS OF MATERIALS, ITEMS, TOOLS, ARMOR, ETC. ALLOWED. NO USE OF PRE-EXISTING CHARACTERS.

• You can plot new jungle or other terrains using seeds, but if you're near the center town, a player's house, or a waystation, be aware that they MUST be safely contained! These ecosystems are dangerous and often spawn dangerous critters. (Having our NPC apartments flood with hornets is a funny idea but it's griefing and you'll be banned if it's intentional :( )

• It'd be nice of you to plant acorns every once in a while to keep the tree population strong :)

• CLOSE DOORS AFTER YOU! Sheesh, were you people born in a barn?!

*** ALSO UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: You can only have an NPC move into a designated NPC apartment if Venetia has seen it and approved it. No placing tables, chairs, or flat+comfort items without approval. After all basic NPCs have moved into apartments, you can place these items as you like.
Here is how to get all NPCs - Here are what flat & comfort items are -- No feigning ignorance ;)

Have fun everyone!

onzephyr

Awesome Bro

I'll take an invite. Not sure how much time I'd have to play. But if nothing else I'd like to check out the cool stuff people build.

FYI Peri has started on the central castle. I have started on a formal "safe" hellevator shaft with torches and platforms etc. Spooky has done some stuff too with waystations and mines. Just feel free to get started, but be careful not to mess too much with stuff people are already building :D

You guys can feel free to start putting stuff in the rooms so NPCs will move in if you like, although I don't promise not to fiddle with decorations.

I would like to play Terraria, I have never played before and Glitchfinder told me to mention that he "dragged me into it".
-lansleader

Spoo

Sponsor

Excellent time tonight :D

The Icicle Village is open for business to the right of Hyperbole Castle. Feel free to take up residence there -- just follow the decor!

Also let's plan for our attack on the Destroyer of Worlds to be tonight. I imagine we all need a little prep but honestly the fun in that boss battle is the running around going "OH GOD OH GOD".

What time is good for ya'll? I can do 5pm-ish

FYI: Also, it's best to join our Mumble Server when multiple people are online! It's a hell of a lot faster than typing!

Step 1: Download Mumble!

Step 2: Install it!

Step 3: When you start the program, it'll bring up a window with Servernames. Minimize the Public Internet, and instead, under "Favorite", click [Add New...]

Step 4: The Label can be whatever you want. For Address, type in -->> mumble.bitmissile.com

Step 5: Leave the Port the same (64738), and type in your username. Click [OK].

Step 6: Click [Connect]!

Step 7: Your other window will propagate with a bunch of room names. Double-click the one called 'Terraria' to enter it.

Step 8: Talk!

(If no one's there yet, give them some time to get on ;))

(It by default will listen to everything you say, but you can change that to Push to Talk in the settings.)

Voila ~~~

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.