Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New ABS

Shotgun:
Hey man, i'm a user of the forum that you talk about.
The site is http://www.jogosrpg.com.br and i'm brazilian, too.

I aren't so good in my english, but i'm sure that i can help you on the translation.

Hey, don't mind if i take a long time to answer you. I'm a dial up net user. "/

Love this script but Im getting a bug... when I load a saved game and try to change the party leader It crashes
when pressing "Q" I get this:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/Av ... error2.png[/IMG]

...and when pressing "W" this:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/Av ... error1.png[/IMG]

This si the only bug I have faced working with this script. At the moment I am only using this script and the Universal Message System v1.30.
If there is no "easy" solution to this can someone tell me how to remove the option to change the party leader.

how did you make it work? Mine didn't even start...
(sorry off-topic)
don't tell the players to press Q&W?
or delete the set of lines that allow the partyleader?
(this might help=find these lines
Input.trigger?(Input::L)/Input.trigger?(Input::R))
I don't know, but give it a try

I didnt make it work I just havent had any problem with it

Not telling the players to press Q/W is my last option XD

Yeah... already tried working on that line and got another error... but since I have no clue about scripting was deleting randomly what I thought could be the problem

And another thing... I cant seem to remove the party in a saved game

Edit: Yep they leave from the menu but keep following around the main character....creepy XD

just can say what i say to every Custom BS..
HATE THEM!!!!

It?s nothing against the work of the creators.. or the creators himself...
But..
If someone sues a BS that?s not made by himself, the Game has no personality...
I played many games with custom BS.. And i was bored after a few Minutes...
A Battle System is something big that exists during the complete Game...
in my opinion.. everybody must code his ABS, SBS, TBS...etc.. by himself...

Remember this words:
"Hey.. i use a cool ABS in my Game. The one from Near"

ok.. like nearly thousand other creators... -_-

@Sir Lord Biowulve : Still trying to figure out in what way that commentary was helpful to this thread... or is it something personal against this script?
If not... you should go and copy/paste that commentary in every submitted Battle system Script thread out there

@Sir Lord Biowulve : Still trying to figure out in what way that commentary was helpful to this thread... or is it something personal against this script?

My Answer:

And.. i started a thread in my german community about this...

I mean.. complete BS Systems are good.. But bad at the same time.. New Rpg-maker Users look at them and then they start to use them in their Games.... My problem with that:
Most of them don?t tried to do it by themself.. And i f they tried it.. The worked a few minutes on it.. and then.. the give up...

My Comment is just my opinion.. not yours or the opinion of someone else...
And in my opinion.. Users have to create their own BS for OWN GAMES.

But if you think it?s not allowed to post my point of view in a forum.. delete my posts -_-

heheh, I tried coding my ABS by myself. stopped at 1500-ish lines because of a problem concering ai(i have no idea how to do this-any way i do it will screw the rest of the script up), deleted that long ago.

Sometimes you just have to rely on otheres. That's why we are a community, we help each other supportiong each other's weak points.

After all, you can't really expect someone to program a game all by himself/herself. That would lack a lot of features from a game. Nobody's perfect

Sorry if I offended you in any way, but just posting my point of view

@Avadan
Got it to work yet?
I really look forward to using this ABS(which i don't know anything about setting it up)
Tell me if you got it up and running

@Sir Lord Biowulve: Yeah maybe I overreacted to the commentary... and I see your point, I get it, I can even say that in a way I agree with you.... but I am not going to spend hours after hours learning how to script (cuz I am a slow learner XD ) and then spend a few minutes comming up with an original system.
I prefer spending hours after hours creating custom graphics so that my game can easily be recognized among others and slightly have an interesting/unique story. Its already a pain and timespending to have to translate everything in the game to another language so that it can be playable in this comunity

Plus there are people that prefer to do scripts more than doing games, and I have seen awsome scripts posted here that after a few weeks are almost forgotten. I bet its more rewarding to the scripter to see their work put on a game than see it getting lost in page 4 of the "submitted scripts" post. At least thats what I feel when there is a game that uses a character made/edited by me.... even If I dont get credit sometime XD

BlackHe♥rted: Well yeah... in a way... It seems the game crashes when you change between your party mambers... ONLY when they are ON the map with the main character... so meanwhile I am setting the game so that the other party members are not visible on the map... its not the best solution cuz watching three guys kicking the hell out of a bunch of demons was awsome :thumb:

@Biowulfe:
Reg dich doch nicht so auf .___., es geh?rt hier nicht in den Thread rein!

@Script:
Very good Script^^, it's like the FFTA BS, and I love it, so, I can just say: Nice work :D

~Ragnai

WiZ`

emm... blush... i've a little problem... i can't download it T.T but if this script have the combo system... shit O.O i was searching for it O.O i need it :Q pls XD

Sir Lord Biowulve":3l6ewvi8 said:
just can say what i say to every Custom BS..
HATE THEM!!!!

But..
If someone sues a BS that?s not made by himself, the Game has no personality...
I played many games with custom BS.. And i was bored after a few Minutes...
A Battle System is something big that exists during the complete Game...
in my opinion.. everybody must code his ABS, SBS, TBS...etc.. by himself...

Remember this words:
"Hey.. i use a cool ABS in my Game. The one from Near"

ok.. like nearly thousand other creators...  -_-

Sorry that I don't know how to script :|

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.