Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New ABS

August_Shade;271890 said:
[off]Here in Brasil we do not act like in most part of places. Permission is good, but nobody makes this a request needed.[/off]
That's not true, I really don't wan't someone to post my scripts everywhere without asking me. Maybe some of us don't mind, just like some people from other countries too.

You now, just look at moghunter scripts, they awesome and he is brazilian.
I think pretty much people do think we aren't good at rpg maker ehhehe!
What are you talking about? I haven't seen anyone saying something like that.

Wyatt;272510 said:
I found out it is by moghunter and Xiderowg if that helps.
Does anyone know if I can use this in a commercial game, if I give credit to Moghunter, Xiderowg, and the translator of this script?

About the script, yeah, it rulez, it pretty, functional. i'm a really fan of Hero ABS(a mod of XAS made by moghunter)(...)
FYI - Moghunter made a MOD of the XAS, not the whole system - as I was trying to tell y'all before.
But in any case I've already entered in contact with him in order to translate and post it back here. Until then, I won't even move a muscle, for I know that it'll be deleted the day after.

[off]Here in Brasil we do not act like in most part of places. Permission is good, but nobody makes this a request needed.
You now, just look at moghunter scripts, they awesome and he is brazilian.
I think pretty much people do think we aren't good at rpg maker ehhehe![/off]
In posts like these I really wished I wasn't a Brazilian citizen to see this. T_T
Just FYI: a scrap brought from Evans Data...

Evans Data Corporation said:
The use of Ruby language scripts in Brazil will probably double in 2008

tibuda;272511 said:
That's not true, I really don't wan't someone to post my scripts everywhere without asking me. Maybe some of us don't mind, just like some people from other countries too.
Well, here in Brazil, despite my country-mate's comment, we often follow the request of the scripter that created something we'll use... I'm brazilian, and I already wrote all the scripters that will take part in my projects. It's a wide list, but WTF, they deserve some credit.

@Mods: this thread is rapidly going off-topic, can you slice / delete some posts to avoid more confusion?

Does anyone know anything about the error I posted? I'm using SDK 2.2 if that helps.

It seems to happen when a player takes damage, but not all the time.

Well try putting .to_i in front of @damage

This system is good I must say, although I think ther could be Easiser ways to do it, liek adding comments to the events, because custumization is a bit "crazy" to do.

That didn't work.

The system is good, except it's somewhat all over the place, and nothing at all is really aliased, which poses all kinds of problems.

But way lighter than the XAS. XAS is a pain to setup since every item must be a scripting class. This one uses in a better way the original item database.

tuti05

it keeps saying "invalid access to memory location" i dont see how it could work for you guys and not me :'(

Wyatt;272549 said:
Does anyone know anything about the error I posted? I'm using SDK 2.2 if that helps.

It seems to happen when a player takes damage, but not all the time.

Hmm, actually, it's every time the enemy attacks a player.

The only things I have in my scripts that could affect this, AFAIK, are the SDK 2.2, and the fact that the ABS's default scripts are portuguese.

I managed to fix the error myself. One line in one of my scripts was causing it. :(

Something I noticed:

-To turn off the Hud
All you gotta do is go to the script "Combo Hud" and put # before the lines that say:

@hud = HUD.new
@hud.dispose
@hud.update

Then, you can put a # before the line:

RTH.add_method_inside("Scene_Map", "main", "rth_abs_scene_map_pre_main")

So, you end up with:

Code:
  def rth_abs_scene_map_pre_main
    #@hud = HUD.new
  end

def rth_abs_scene_map_pos_main
    #@hud.dispose
    $game_player.dispose_character
  end

def rth_abs_scene_map_update
    $game_temp.battle_turn = 1
    #@hud.update
  end

end

#RTH.add_method_inside("Scene_Map", "main", "rth_abs_scene_map_pre_main")

I noticed also, that the maker is a good scripter but doesn't know one basic function that would have saved them a lot of work. They made a special module themselves to put methods inside other methods... When they could have just used the alias method.

Gleen

tuti05;273127 said:
i have 2 gb of ram and im able to play oblivion on my laptop easily with barely any lag

but... since is a problem with your hardware... don't matter how much RAM you have.

tuti05

well, if i can play pretty much any 2d/3d game, and all of the rmxp scripts except this one. i seriously doubt it is my hardware. Also know that this is a pretty new laptop with out any virus's at all.

if you mean i should do something like a system defrag then maaayyybbeee ur right. other than that i dont think you know what your talking about.

anyone have the same/related error?

Your Demo have an error.. why this script is hanging?
please help me.

Error Message : Script is haning.

That's all! why?
Why your demo have an error shot?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.