Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

my account is as old as my nephew

HiPoyion":5ssgnsa6 said:
My account is 5 years old this august.
I still feel new here...
wait that means my account is older than yours lmao

i didnt expect that

incase anyone wondered...
So my account is like, anywhere from 8 to 9 years.
Older than some of my actual cousins.

Mostly because my Uncle Drew is late to the 'have kids' squad but STILL.

Xhukari":5ssgnsa6 said:
You guys be old.
Walking stick next year? :p
Come on we aren't even 60 yet.

Though I am older than Amy. By about 3 years. Even though I act, look and sound half my age.

Fun fact despite being a fossil by internet forum standards I only just now learned that marquees are a thing.

Necrile":5ssgnsa6 said:
shit wyatt i just realized your account is older than mine
considering they literally made the site in 2003 and were by virtue, it's first member, yeah-- that's possible!

or i have no idea wtf im talking about and am only guessing that the case

considering they literally made the site in 2003 and were by virtue, it's first member, yeah-- that's possible!

or i have no idea wtf im talking about and am only guessing that the case
I've just kind of ended up with this place and I'm not entirely sure how.

It just sort of seems to run itself.

I'm just the last of the moderators. I modded all the currently active mods. Call it a coup.

Lord Gradient created RMXP.net which was our busiest point. But then that kept having long downtime and he disappeared so Erk created RMXP.org as a backup.

Then .net died completely so .org became the site.

But then Erk gave the site to Treg which angered a lot of people and many folk left to far reaching places.

And then Treg brought in his team of staff, and shadow who hosted the site (ran the IRC).

Then shadow got pissed off when the staff were just being dicks and shitting on the site and crap, so he stepped in and took over.

But then he disappeared and somewhere along the line Venetia and me became moderators and then global mods.

I made some external stuff for the site - a pastebin, a wiki, a wordpress blog - and they adminned me just so I could have some privileges on the server.

And they just never took that off me.

Then everybody disappeared. EVERYBODY.

You're all me in my head and I am all alone.

Come back everybrody.

And now I kind of run the place because there is nobody else here. But Brewmeister hosts it. And the members pay for it. But that generally ends up being me and a couple of nice guys.

So yeah.

Still, it was EIGHT YEARS AGO that they made me an admin, which makes me feel incredibly old. That's most of the site's time online given .org started in late 2005 (RMXP.net started in May 2004).

Nachos

Sponsor

Princess Amy":1zpnit3e said:
Lord Gradient created RMXP.net which was our busiest point. But then that kept having long downtime and he disappeared so Erk created RMXP.org as a backup.

Then .net died completely so .org became the site.

But then Erk gave the site to Treg which angered a lot of people and many folk left to far reaching places.

And then Treg brought in his team of staff, and shadow who hosted the site (ran the IRC).

Then shadow got pissed off when the staff were just being dicks and shitting on the site and crap, so he stepped in and took over.

But then he disappeared and somewhere along the line Venetia and me became moderators and then global mods.

I made some external stuff for the site - a pastebin, a wiki, a wordpress blog - and they adminned me just so I could have some privileges on the server.

And they just never took that off me.

Then everybody disappeared. EVERYBODY.

You're all me in my head and I am all alone.

Come back everybrody.

And now I kind of run the place because there is nobody else here. But Brewmeister hosts it. And the members pay for it. But that generally ends up being me and a couple of nice guys.

So yeah.

Still, it was EIGHT YEARS AGO that they made me an admin, which makes me feel incredibly old. That's most of the site's time online given .org started in late 2005 (RMXP.net started in May 2004).
. This made me so nostalgic.

For real

I miss this.

Real talk, how do we restart the game development community here? Right now it's all trip down nostalgia lane, which is all well and good, but I'd love to see the community return to its former glory.

Fayte

Sponsor

I don't know how to check how long I've been here, but I remember when it was rmxp.org and everyone's shock and awe when it became hbgames. I also remember someone with a sephiroth avi was like THE CODER to go to. I remember if you had a title splash page made by HANZO you were like a cool kid. I remember quintessence (sp?) being worked on. I remember some game that had to do with like a hand mirror or something (could be the same game). I remember when that game about wind was being worked on. I remember that dude working on the game where the main character is a red head chick and there's like some mask wearing v for vendetta looking dude in it. I remember "b-bazongas @_@" I just remember this place being super bustling.

Nachos

Sponsor

Fayte":39w1r1kn said:
I don't know how to check how long I've been here,

go to your profile":39w1r1kn said:
Last visited: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:30 pm

I think the site would need to rebrand itself and allow content from unity, java and some other stuff.

I would totally be up for it. I have some code entirely made on java with some code from slick (lwjgl), 2d map and stuff. Kinda like the old eclipse origins but MINE...and have nowhere to get actual advice and stuff besides reddit .

Fayte

Sponsor

yeah, for sure. What I'm working on now is going to be built in unity. I'm on gamedev which is filled with a bunch of PHENOMENAL designers.. a lot of them do game design as a career. But they're super uptight and a little bit snooty.

Fayte":tdlbrw8f said:
I don't know how to check how long I've been here, but I remember when it was rmxp.org and everyone's shock and awe when it became hbgames. I also remember someone with a sephiroth avi was like THE CODER to go to.
SephirothSpawn

I remember if you had a title splash page made by HANZO you were like a cool kid.
Rips

I remember quintessence (sp?) being worked on.
Sailerius has moved on to bigger things.

I remember some game that had to do with like a hand mirror or something (could be the same game).
The Mirror Lied

I remember when that game about wind was being worked on.
Master of the Wind

I remember that dude working on the game where the main character is a red head chick and there's like some mask wearing v for vendetta looking dude in it.
OK you got me, I don't know that one.

I remember "b-bazongas @_@" I just remember this place being super bustling.
Ah, Venetia.

Also we always put effort into rebranding, rebuilding, etc, but I think the answer is more to put that effort into actually making games.

That said I am very much still game making, as is Xilef, as are Nathanial and BizarreMonkey, Strawberrii and actually quite a few others.

Fayte

Sponsor

Oh Salerius! he (she?) made the other game I'm talking about! Vacant Sky maybe? Also kudos to you for knowing/remembering everything I was talking about. You are old.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.