Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mog Styled Menus

Status
Not open for further replies.
shadowfox;197619 said:
I'm not much of a scripter but, if you make an image name it The class_fc2
"the class" should be named after whatever class you want it to be.

I have a class "Novice" and the image is "Novice_fc2" but it shows the battlerO_o ??

@ Moghunter: have you a problem with it when i modifiy the scipts to use the multi equipment scipt?

I make it so: with multiscipt show ABC without show XYZ you understood?

wow i really love this menu @_@ :D and its compatible with ccoas cbs 3.2 :D i realy realy appreciate this hands down to you guys who made this#### i found something it works very well with ccoa's exept when i used the skill menu and the item menu i cant scroll the down move it to left or ri8 when in battle i know this is a compatibility conflict but any way you can help out? i realy love those menu and the cbs im using ri8 now but, dun mind me great job guys =)

Taylor

Sponsor

Gustave: Check the co-ordinates of the lv indicator in the script, or check if it's being re-defined by another script, and that makes it move.

Hm that doesn't seem to work either, I also noticed that all the images are displaced, (not in the right place). Strange considering all i did was transfer it over, I suspect it's a conflicting script, i'll have to see.

Found solution, I had all the mog menu in my game, it seems that this had to be placed below all of them for it to work.

Jonny

I've tried using this menu but one of my character's names changes but the graphics don't and the the graphics change much later and I can't find a way for the menu to display the right graphics. I was hoping I might be able to name the face graphics after the character graphics like in the Chrono Trigger CMS. I can't go into much more detail right now because it's already an hour past my bedtime and I'm almost falling asleep on my keyboard. I hope someone understands and thank you in advance.

Kairo

Oh, sorry if I missed a few things (I've been a bit busy) but erm, I've been thinking, added names in the MAIN menu...are you going to be adding it soon (I should read the first page...)

P.S I love the graphic resources, they are awesome (makes it hard to think of one better)

~Winged

@ jonny:

I know how to resolve this problem...
Replace the "actor.name" in the script to the actor.battler_name ...
So the script will look for the Battler Character's name file...

Example: Aluxes is yours first character, he has 001-Fighter01 as his Battler, so when you change the name of Aluxes, the Battler will still be the same (001-Fighter01)

Example2 (changing):
I will take the MOG_Menu Status Eva like example.
Go to the -> face = RPG::Cache.picture(actor.name + "_fc2") <-line.
Change to this: -> face = RPG::Cache.picture(actor.battler_name + "_fc2") <-

So, the script won't look for character's name _fc2, but It will look for the Battler's name _fc2 (like "001-Fighter01_fc2")

Yo MOGHUNTER do you have something planned like a new script or anything ?
I really like your work just tell me if you have anything planned

Taylor

Sponsor

Black Shadow: It takes alot of work but if you find all branches (ifs) that check the positions of windows and move them... remove/comment these and they should stop moving.
Just add new positions to def main.

I hope that's clear. ^^;

I think this is the future of the menus, fully customizable, so i think several scripts should make a newer version compatible with this, like for example, multiweapon systems compatible with this shop, also i would create a menu with options. there's nothing else for me to add probably customized battle menus would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.