Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Master of the Wind

Master of the Wind (Complete!)

Started Arc 2 last night and ended up pulling an all-nighter to finish it. Great game guys!

The mansion didn't try to do anything to hurt the heroes?

The ending seems really weird if you end Shroud's fight with full hp.. yay for cowpie.

There wasn't anything wrong with what Kovak did for the singer.. settlements like that happen fairly often IRL, though generally not with that many companies at once.
It was nice seeing more use of the other characters, Finley especially.

The thing with Rana had me surprised. I was still thinking of that "Bones.. I'm pregnant" you had for April Fools at the time.

The moles and the mine cart bashing were very fun. I also really liked the pot moving thing, that was neat. The new battler/enemy art was very well done, as well as the dialogue.
Easily one of the best RMXP games I've played, if I was going to do the /10 thing Arc 2 would get a 10.

Thanks for the generous score sandgolem. Now I will reply to your comments in the same secretive manner.

The mansion originally had golems that would patrol the halls but we took them out due to time issues. Rather than have Enkur spend another week drawing all new monsters for such a short dungeon we decided we would be better off without them.

The initial attack from Sparrow on Shroud left some long term damage that carried over after the fight. The fight is subjective and some people have easier time than others depending on what methods they use. The fight was designed to be hard but some people have found a way around it.

What Kovak did for Erecello may not be techinally illegal but Shroud has a strong sense of justice and it offended him on a personal level. Ercello also is not in jail for his past crimes but for endangering the public during the concert with his summoned angels. His term won't be long and you may even see him again.

Thanks for the rest of your feedback. We aim to please.

Hey, guys. I probably can't add much to what people have already said, but I just wanted to let you know that I've been playing Arc I for a few days now and am really enjoying it. This is, by far, my favorite RMXP game and I really applaud what you've done with it. The puzzles are fun and engaging (I love the rope jumping puzzle in the opening dungeon) and, most important of all to me, the dialogue is solid and the characters are likeable and interesting. I actually want to find out more about them, and what's going to happen to them. I think that's a first for me, when it comes to RMXP games.

The only major issues I have are that, for guys who're supposed to be superheroes/crime fighters, they start out awfully weak in relation to the basic enemies. I had to spend a bunch of time leveling up and then going back and resting in the bed in the intro dungeon, which really disrupted the feeling that I was chasing a bad guy. Also, it's a bit too easy to end up inadvertently stuck in a dungeon with not enough recovery items, but no way to leave and buy more. I had to start the game over once, due to this (in the graveyard dungeon, near the beginning). A few more save points and some way to recover before difficult fights would be nice, too.

I realize, though, that I'm a "latecomer" and that I'm playing a very early portion of the overall game, so some of this may have already been discussed, or even adressed in later parts.

Overall, this game is awesome. I'm actually putting one of my PS2 games on hold to play it. :D Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see what happens in Arc II!

Thanks for the praise. Always nice to have a new fan.

On the graveyard..I may have some suggestions for you. Have you been using that fountain? It heals you and allows you to save. Once you get into the church, you can find the save fairy and she'll always be there to heal you, save your game, or sell you items.

Also, a trip to the item shop before leaving to Gino's is recommended. Hope that helps. Glad you're enjoying yourself. And thanks for the props in your sig!

Alan.

This is probably the best RMXP game I've played so far, but I'm stuck.-_-
I can't find my way through that part in the mine dungeon with all the moles. Any help would be appreciated.:D

Keep track of where each hole goes because it isn't random and eventually you can find the way. Making a chart helps as well so you can avoid mole fights (moles can be bitches sometimes, they hurt)

Loving the game so far but I think I'm finally stumped. I'm in the mansion on Arc II. I've got the code to enter the library, but after that I can't get anywhere. The clue the book gives you doesn't really help me at all.

Well, the thing with the mansion is that it's fairly open-ended. You can do the puzzles in whatever order you like, so can you specify which area you need help with?

The only clock I've solved is the one in the huge room where the party took place. When I put in the correct code, a chest appeared with the code to get into the library. In the library are all sorts of books saying various things. But despite reading all the hints in there, I can't figure out the codes for the other two clocks! (the one in that hurt bandmember's room and the one in that small room off the northwest part of the dance room)

Anonymous

Talk to the bandmember again, she'll give you a hint. There's an interesting book in the room to the left of her and a book in the library that might help, too.

In the room northwest of the dancefloor have you checked out the painting? If you need another hint, there's a book in the library that should help you out with that. Think about how you can look at the hints in a different way.

The library IS helpful. It's just a little confusing because of an inside joke that looks like a hint.

Okay, I got the clock's code for the one in the northwest part of the dance room, but the clue.... I know it's about that multiplication thing from what one of the books read, but I've tried multiplying what it says and nothing is working. I'm still waiting for the Witching and Bitching hour to come into play.

EDIT: Never mind, I've finally got it. I can't believe it took me that long to figure it out!

Danny

Sponsor

Right now I just want to say: 'Bad Andua, you should only have called one bat to make it fair, they killed me :('

I had to spend time leveling up at the lancer bit and now I must for Andua.

Whoo, crisis now over, thank god for Rough shod

Ha! I beat Arc II! This is easily the best RMXP game I've played, and so I'm eagerly waiting for the release of Arc III. So, how's the progress on Arc III going and do you have an estimate release date for it?

Well It's our plan to release an arc a season so at the end of summer we are hoping to release Arc III. Artbane got a nifty new laptop so that should speed progress up a little bit.

Thanks for the compliments and trust me, you will not be dissapointed by Arc III

Is there a main theme Arc III is going to revolve around? Like Arc II was mostly about DayDream and trying to stop the singer.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.