Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Master of the Wind

Master of the Wind (Complete!)

tonnie

I play master of the wind. I had a forum to use when i was stock with the game. This website cannot be opened anymore, did try whole day. The site i mean is

www.masterofthewind.org

Know somebody why this site not work anymore?

So i did ask this week a question because i am stock at the game, but i cannot see the answer anymore because the site will not open. So i will use now this forum site

I am at Arc V. I am in the castle in the great hall. Am at the fireplace, i have the key, i try to put it in the keyhole, but cannot.....Stoic says.....we have the key, but it won't do much good unless we can insert into the keyhole without our hand melting off........ i did go around and around in this castle i talk with everyone several times and nothing happens so that i can put this key in the keyhole and open the secret passage......WHAT TO DO????

I did see a hint in this forum ( at this site i use now ) she ( ayame )says..... go to the room downstairs, in the left most to find the transparant Volrath that you couldn't talk is now visible. Talk to him, go upstairs and try again with the fireplace.....I DID THIS ALREADY....NOTHING HAPPENS.....I did go to Volrath again and he say now only see you in the trainingsfield.

I HAVE NO CLUE ANYMORE WHAT TO DO....HELP HELP HELP PLEASE.....How and what to do to put the key in the keyhole in the fireplace in the great hall in this palace.

Already thanks for your answer.

Greetings

Volrath tells you about an artifact that will protect you against fire; preventing your hand from falling off. You need to identify the person that gave it to them, and perhaps seek out that artifact.

Also, the site is back up. I think the server they host it on isn't great, so there is periodic downtime. But it's never down for good.

tonnie

I play ARC VI i am in the hands castle fighting against Voyd, but i cannot kill him, hr always come back with more and more people....he also takes sometimes one out of my group....even somtimes when i have only 1 left in my group, than it shows game error and the game stop.....help HELP please....how to beat VOYD and is this a game bug>>>???

tonnie

I did beat Voyd, and finally i finish the game, i finish ARC VI, but there is no real ending yet.......will there be an ARC VII or even more?? Or is this really the end? When there will be when it will come than....or is it already there, i mean the ARC VII?

I hope to hear soon good news.

Yeah, thanks. I thought there was another one before the boss, but evidently not.

Edit: Okay, I'm stuck in Volrath's castle. :( I've synchronised area A and B, can't figure out how to fully synchronise C. No idea where the key is. Talked to everyone I could see. I'm evidently missing something obvious, but I can't figure out what.

Edit 2: Never mind, got it.

HarryE":35sfq21y said:
You get two from beating the boss in that dungeon anyway. I guess you got one from the alternate route in the climbing minigame, right?
You can actually get another flamethrower in town before the even starting the dungeon. There's a gunner there which if you beat gives you two. It leads to the fight with Chard being incredibly unbalanced because Chard and all of the other ember mages can somehow be burned, and with two flamethrowers Finley can burn them all at once. o_o'

Hey HBGames,

We've been in silent running for quite some time now, but we didn't want to post here until we had something substantial to share with you. A project we've been working on for the last year - titled the Revision - has just recently been completed. It includes the first six arcs of the game with major improvements and additions. But all any MotW fan really cares about at this point is arc VII - the final arc. We've also been working on that and the first 1/3rd of arc VII is included in the Revision. To access it you'll have to complete the Revision first. Save files from arc VI will not work with the Revision, but do not fret, as they will still be compatible with the final version of arc VII.

You can find a link to the Revision below. Hope everyone enjoys it and leaves comments. I'll be checking back here frequently.

Master of the Wind Revision (v.4.2) - 242mb

To properly install the game, extract both files from the motw_revision.rar. Then extract the game from the motw_revision.exe and the music from the BGM2.rar. Further instructions on how to install the audio are included in the README.rtf file in the motw_revision project folder.

-Solest Entertaiment

What you've done here is pretty amazing, especially the effort you have put in to keep save files compatable where possible and such.

Wondered where you pair had got to! Welcome back :}

Unfortunately my net is too bad to download such a big (lol, it's not big, it's me) file here, but when I get back to Uni I'll give it a shot.

So, I read somewhere that you apparently "enhanced the battle system" with this new revision. I'm just wondering what these enhancements are...?

Xephyr":2a842blt said:
So, I read somewhere that you apparently "enhanced the battle system" with this new revision. I'm just wondering what these enhancements are...?

Glad you asked. Here's a list.

Battle System Enhancements
  • rebalanced experience curve
  • added new skills that upgrade old ones
  • added Auto-Attack party command
  • added Enemy Info party command (displays enemy stats)
  • tweaked battle camera
  • updated battle interface with new art
  • and added several new custom battlers!

Okay I'm playing the Revision and I'd just like to say that every time i try to head to the Terr Mountains when you start chasing Morias, it restarts my whole computer. I don't know what's going on or how I can fix it, but if you guys have any information, it would be most helpful.

RPGKid64":376klef9 said:
Okay I'm playing the Revision and I'd just like to say that every time i try to head to the Terr Mountains when you start chasing Morias, it restarts my whole computer. I don't know what's going on or how I can fix it, but if you guys have any information, it would be most helpful.

Sorry to hear you're having such serious issues with our game. I'll need more info to diagnose the problem. Can you please answer the following:

1. What OS are you running on? That might factor into the restarting issue.
2. When is crashing exactly? Is it right as you teleport to Terr Mountain from Gino's Camp? If so, it might be an issue with the audio file playing.

ArtBane":1n2g7v5u said:
RPGKid64":1n2g7v5u said:

Sorry to hear you're having such serious issues with our game. I'll need more info to diagnose the problem. Can you please answer the following:

1. What OS are you running on? That might factor into the restarting issue.
2. When is crashing exactly? Is it right as you teleport to Terr Mountain from Gino's Camp? If so, it might be an issue with the audio file playing.
I'm using Window's XP and it's while I'm transferring from Gino's to Terr Mountains. I step on the tile to go to Terr mountains and the game stops for a second, then it just restarts my computer.

I'm getting a strange problem to play:

My PC said to install AnimeAce font automatically.
Thus, I entered the game and saw the title screen options blanked(as if I did not have the necessary fonts).

I decided to go dafont, download AnimeAce and manually install it. Done that, I openned the game again. And the same problem was there.

I decided to continue, because maybe it would be only the title screen window fonts. In fact, the message window fonts appeared and it was AnimeAce.

The problem is all Menus, Save Points, Shops etc are with the same problem of the Title Screen. The fonts in all these places are blank. I can't play it that way. Isn't there any other font I gotta install?

EDIT: SOLVED

Lol, that was pretty noob of my part. =P
I didn't notice I had to install the fonts in Font file manually.

Well, you could've put it to install automatically too, just like AnimeAce. :B

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.