Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Master of the Wind

Master of the Wind (Complete!)

I got a question about save files. When I select a file to load it gives the date is was saved on and the playtime. Then there's this KO number. Is that suppose to show how many times I've died? The KO number is always different when I save, some times it higher and sometimes it's lower. At first I thought it was cause the characters are all split up in this arc so the numbers would change depending on who I was playing as. But I'll save once then save again immediately afterwards and get a different number.

As far as I can tell, that number's actually a code for what room you saved in. Every room where you can save has its own seemingly random KO (and if memory serves the "battle fairy" who saves before boss fights is always counted as the same room), and every time you save in the same room you'll have the same number. I'm betting the rooms where you can't save also have numbers that you'll just never see.

It's not very useful, I suppose, compared to the picture of the room.

Finished Arc VI.

Combat was mostly fun. I liked the boss battles, although they did end up on the easy side this time.
The teleport guy had his tricks, but had very little damage output. At first I handled his reinforcements by killing the attackers and let the defenders live. When the number of defenders increased, I had Finley blind them. After a while I just blinded the attackers as well. It wasn't uncommon that the total damage from the opposition on a single round was less than 100.
Story is great. It's interesting, well-written and relative unpredictable. If something was predictable, it was usually so due to logical reasons rather than due to me tracking a cliche. However, there were minor detail I didn't like and they happened to be packed right at the end which caused some disconnect between me and the story.

Crystalgate":160r5osl said:
Finished Arc VI.

Combat was mostly fun. I liked the boss battles, although they did end up on the easy side this time.
The teleport guy had his tricks, but had very little damage output. At first I handled his reinforcements by killing the attackers and let the defenders live. When the number of defenders increased, I had Finley blind them. After a while I just blinded the attackers as well. It wasn't uncommon that the total damage from the opposition on a single round was less than 100.
Story is great. It's interesting, well-written and relative unpredictable. If something was predictable, it was usually so due to logical reasons rather than due to me tracking a cliche. However, there were minor detail I didn't like and they happened to be packed right at the end which caused some disconnect between me and the story.

I totally have to agree. The battles were quite easy, especially with the bosses. The fire spiders were the only enemies I had trouble dealing with the entire game. When
it came to voyd, i knew he was a Shadow Mage, so I just used Holy spells on him and killed him really quickly.
There weren't really any real twists this time around, except for, well, I won't spoil it, but the cliff hangers made up for it. All in all, I really enjoyed it myself. I'm not a big battle fan, I'm more of a minigame and puzzle fan, which was acomplished very well. I'm so excited for the next part.

Weren't any real twists? Were you watching the same cutscenes as I was when Laurel and Finley took their side adventure? Or during the grand ceremony in Harrol? I'll admit most of the characters who turn out to be on your side in this arc weren't out of left field, but this was not a predictable arc.

I said, EXCEPT. Jeeze, read what I type next time. The side aventure was what I was refering to when I said "except for, well, I won't spoil it." and the grand ceremony was the second one. Other than that, i didn't find anything else shocking.

Oh. I assumed you were referring to the very last thing to happen before the end, since you said the cliff hanger was good. That was also a surprise, at least to me.

I just finished the game up to Arc VI. I had been away for a while so I actually had to beat Arc V first. Really good stuff. It seems to me that Master of the Wind is becoming more storyline driven lately (not that that is a problem.) I greatly enjoy the storyline, and I must say your use of music, even if you didn't make it, is superb. Your ability to find these amazing songs is impeccable (and thanks for introducing me to Apocalyptica, now one of my favorite bands!)

The use of puzzles and minigames was, as usual, wonderful. I look forward to the next release.

Your game is certainly a good example to point to for professional RMXP games.

Just looking at it taught me some tricks for my game. (No, not story-wise, game structure-wise... new at RMXP.)

I'm currently stuck on the Chrad fight.... need to level up some more. All that Burn effect and Fire-AoE makes it hard. Though, it's the first time I got stuck in the game and first time I actually have to do some grinding.

fofe":1vyn3ms2 said:
I'm stuck in Volrath's castle. Can someone please tell me how I insert the key through the fire?
Thank you
You need to find an artifact that will allow you to resist fire. Lots of people talk about it in the past, particularly Volrath. Try talking to him, and then look for the artifact.

fofe

I'm stuck . Can someone please tell me how I insert the key through the fire?
and i did talk to him but i did not get it
i looked every where

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.