Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Isometric View - Almost 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to say this if you are able to mix this script into compatibility with New Mode7 it won't lag maybe a couple FPS lower, but it will look so much like 3D we could fool people, :lol:. That is because this script has height just not depth and that is why it is 2.5D, but if adding depth with New Mode7 it will look wickedly like 3D :smile:, you should make a demo mixed with Mode7.

diablosbud":2dr6ax94 said:
I just have to say this if you are able to mix this script into compatibility with New Mode7 it won't lag maybe a couple FPS lower, but it will look so much like 3D we could fool people, :lol:. That is because this script has height just not depth and that is why it is 2.5D, but if adding depth with New Mode7 it will look wickedly like 3D :smile:, you should make a demo mixed with Mode7.
Thats excelent idea, i hope you can do it

I could see that those "higher tiles" lifted in the mode 7, but what would you use to "fill the gap" between lower tile and higher tile.  Not to mention, that may not look very pretty and as its so... pieced at that point it would likely be really really slow. It would be really slow because i would have to draw each tile individually in order to consider height.  Because it would have to know that x,y tile happens to encompase tiles x,y + x,y + x,y (possibliy) when usng the "parent" map to draw.  The true method would be to use an overlay map, then rotate its tiles accordingly, then stretch them, then draw them.  That process per tile would be insane on the mem usage side of things.

zech04, please do not necropost. thanks.
- Venetia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.