Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Ideas/suggestions for a new CBS

Hi everybody!

Before I start, I would like to make things clear. I'm neither requesting nor taking request. I'm starting this thread to gather ideas for a new CBS for RPGVX.
I'm doing this because I'm not satisfied with the currently available battle systems and I've decided to make my own one based on your ideas, suggestions and opinions.

So, I'd like to know, what you would like to see in this CBS? What would be cool and/or useful, what do you like the most in a CBS, etc.
Note that I will not make an ABS, TBS or anything of the like. I want this battle system to be as compatible as possible with any other VX scripts.
Remember that it's for RPGVX ONLY!

For those who don't know what ABS and TBS means:
- ABS: Action Battle System (Zelda, Secret of Mana, ...)
- TBS: Tactical Battle System (FF Tactic, ...)

Go ahead, say everything you have in mind!  :thumb:
Thanks in advance!
-Dargor

Hmm not really sure if this is an idea or probably an add-on but, let's say a treasure chest is within the battle, and like a fighter uses the skill "Steal" on the the treasure chest. The treasure chest will then open and give either:

1. Items (allow that to be in the script for what items or so)
2. Explode and become a monster!
3. Nothing happens....

This idea was taken from Final Fantasy X (I love this game the most =]). Hopefully that helps even if it's a little.

Yaxor

Yeah, FFX have some nice stuff in the battle system like hitting a generator to kill the boss and other nice things.

I'm hoping to see your CBS soon Dragor, it will probably be great like all your scripts :)

haha thanks! :)
Just to let you all know, I'm not working on it right now. I'm working on my FF6 SDK and will release a demo before the end of the month. All my free time goes there. Then, during my christmas vacations, I'll release a couple of unreleased script I did recently and will continue working on the CBS.

Keep posting suggestions, they are always welcome! ;)
-Dargor

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.