Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Hello from Miyagiken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Flare said:
No. PS3 is out on the 11th in Japan and in the USA the 17th. Oh erk I got one question. Does it smell diffrent outside in Japan, then it does in like the USA?

I thought Erk lived in Canada. ;)

Anonymous

Thus the past tense, lived. :P But I think Canadian releases are on or around the same date as US releases, anyway.

Enjoy Japan! I know I would. ^_^

Erk

There are schoolgirl uniforms galore, it is one of the true stereotypes. They are very creepy. Also ninjas, it is annoying to have to fight off a few dozen just to get into my apartment but I am getting used to it fast.

Seriously though, the weirdest part is being stared at all the time. Also, after spending a day in the city, when I look in the mirror sometimes I get freaked out because I forget that I have blue eyes. They look really creepy when you're not used to them. I just hope I don't get some freaky ego thing about looking 'exotic' after being here too long

megaflare: I have no idea what the usa smells like, but it smells different from canada. Where I come from usually smells like pine trees. Here smells like a city even out in the suburbs: exhaust etc. It also smells wetter because it is a swamp, and for some reason just about everywhere I have been there is a risk of it occasionally smelling of sewage. Also, the idea that japanese people don't smell as bad as we do is a myth and the unfortunate consequence of it is that most men do not have sufficient deodorant.

on the other hand, here in the main pedestrian drag of sendai it often smells wonderful. It is an indoor street, almost like a mall, so the coffee shops and noodle stands et cetera all open up right onto the street, and there are many delicious things wafting out.

Erk said:
There are schoolgirl uniforms galore, it is one of the true stereotypes. They are very creepy. Also ninjas, it is annoying to have to fight off a few dozen just to get into my apartment but I am getting used to it fast.

Seriously though, the weirdest part is being stared at all the time. Also, after spending a day in the city, when I look in the mirror sometimes I get freaked out because I forget that I have blue eyes. They look really creepy when you're not used to them. I just hope I don't get some freaky ego thing about looking 'exotic' after being here too long

megaflare: I have no idea what the usa smells like, but it smells different from canada. Where I come from usually smells like pine trees. Here smells like a city even out in the suburbs: exhaust etc. It also smells wetter because it is a swamp, and for some reason just about everywhere I have been there is a risk of it occasionally smelling of sewage. Also, the idea that japanese people don't smell as bad as we do is a myth and the unfortunate consequence of it is that most men do not have sufficient deodorant.

on the other hand, here in the main pedestrian drag of sendai it often smells wonderful. It is an indoor street, almost like a mall, so the coffee shops and noodle stands et cetera all open up right onto the street, and there are many delicious things wafting out.

Let's not get all xenophobic... It's okay to see blue eyes as strange. That happens to me every summer. So, you try any udon? Tempura? Onigiri? <-(you must have onigiri... that is a command.)

Erk

Right now, ccoa has access to most of the pertinent info, and darkzero almost as much. I shouldn't take charge of anything important until I can be relied on to be around.

That sounds pretty awesome... I would like to learn Japanese... and go there! Who doesn't though?
In fact, what exactly do you do, teach English to Japanese blokes right?

(I thought Zabby was Jen... too many people that aren't involved in my life whatsoever to keep track of...)

I can't actually give that much in terms of subscriptions and sponsorships and stuff, just the badges and forum permissions and the like.

Lucky...
I know it's not all that different of a country, but I like to travel. I'm trying to visit Japan during my junior or senior year in high school...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.