Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Hello from Miyagiken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erk

Hello RMXP.org. I've missed this place like you wouldn't believe! I am beginning to settle into my new life in japan, but I still don't have internet at home. Right now I have free internet access at a net cafe, but it takes me about an hour round trip to get here by bike, so it's still not the best. I will be around a little, finally, but not very active on the admin front. I'm glad to see things are still holding together here... as soon as I can, I will start enacting a move to a different server to clear up our database issues, then work on completing some of the things I have left hanging.

If you have questions and comments, please post them in this thread rather than PMing me. I will try to read through this thread every time I come online, making it a lot more efficient to work through things (I hope!)

I hope to have internet access within a week or so, but Japan is almost as bad as Canada for long connection lineups, and on top of that my laptop may or may not work anymore... I haven't been able to discern if I have jury-rigged my hard drive to last for a few more days or not. We'll see.

I look forward to being among everybody again. mata ne!

Nin

Wait, so you LIVE in Japan now? I thought you were there for a long vacation. o.o

Well hope you're having fun, and hope you can get back to us soon. Dark Zero looks awfully lonely.

Erk! Hey. Um... yeah. I.. uh... kinda'.. um..... ::looks around:: ... erm.. y'know what? Don't worry about it. That red stain on the ground was already there when you left.... >.>;;;;;

On a more serious note... what happened to the mascot logo contest? Hope you're having a good time there in Japan. Bring me back a Gundam. Seriously.

Erk

Most of the gundam around here are smashed up from the frequent battling. It is hard to find one that isn't beaten to a pulp.

Anything I was in the middle of when my life went crazy is probably in the same place it was when I left... that includes mascont and things like that. When I have internet at home, I will start fixing what I have left hanging on the forums. Right now, I don't want to bite off more than I can chew.

Hey Erk, when you get back, bring some japanese RMXPers with ya :O I need a spriter. Anyways, how is Japan? Fun? Exciting? Boring? Is it as good as they say?

Erk

Dopples said:
Hey Erk, when you get back, bring some japanese RMXPers with ya :O I need a spriter. Anyways, how is Japan? Fun? Exciting? Boring? Is it as good as they say?
It's a different country, that is all. The culture and language are very foreign and there is a lot to learn, but as I have known for a while it is not a magical land of milk and honey. There is a lot of racial prejudice, traffic is very bad - particularly if you ride a bicycle as an enormous number of people do - the weather is hot and humid, and it is way too easy to become an alcoholic or a smoker. However, electronics are cheap, the customer service is great, the non-racist people are very friendly and easy to talk to (if you speak japanese), my city employers are fantastic people, and you can get anywhere you like without a car for very little money. It's just a different place - for better and worse.

As a scholar of japanese language and culture, of course, I am having a blast... but people who want to come to Japan because they think it is like living inside a manga need their heads examined ;-)

This was all a plot to get PS3 and Wii before us...

Anyway, I know a few guys who have lived in Japan for like a year or 2, and they said it was pretty different too. :P

The Wii is having a world wide release, meaning it's coming out in Japan and America on the same day...FYI...he's still getting a PS3 before us :(

Erk said:
As a scholar of japanese language and culture, of course, I am having a blast... but people who want to come to Japan because they think it is like living inside a manga need their heads examined ;-)
No schoolgirl uniforms?
My world is shattered...

You didnt miss anything other than the most talented member here basically giving up RPGmaking and a complete nobody coming in and blowing everyone away with a geniunely good complete game. Also something about wars, Mel Gibson, not much ado.

Mega Flare

Awesome Bro

Dopples said:
The Wii is having a world wide release, meaning it's coming out in Japan and America on the same day...FYI...he's still getting a PS3 before us :(
No. PS3 is out on the 11th in Japan and in the USA the 17th. Oh erk I got one question. Does it smell diffrent outside in Japan, then it does in like the USA?

...I said the Wii was a worldwide release. I never said the PS3 was a worldwide release. Please read thoroughly before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.