Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

First Person RPG

this is probably a mod ive wanted to use the most.........but it'd be far better if you increased the draw distance to maximum, otherwise, on big, oblivion style maps you're screwed tbh

Japa

Sailor Taurus said:
Do you mean my link? There ain't any hacked posts on page 17 of that topic.

Also, your (Japa) link doesn't work. Tis 404ed.

I just checked it, and it's fine, but there's a better mode07 now anyways.

With this and Mode7, would it be safe to say that games like Mario Kart may be possible in the future? It won't be complete without somesort of AI, but it'll be close... right?

Well, first off, what do you mean by blank walls?

Second, I'm currently working on the pixelmovement version of the script. I got a lot of the formulas roughly figured out. It'll use slope, tangeants, distance forumula, etc. and the final result will be walls that will change their angle based on the angle that you are facing them.

Although, I supposed I should update this version of the script first, to include those angled walls.

What do you guys think? Go right into pixelmovement or fix the walls for the tile version?

by blank walls, I mean that you can tell that they are walls, but beyond that there are no details to them at all. They don't even half to have color, but you it has an appropriate border in order to identify it from a blank space and stuff.

Japa

BigKevSexyMan said:
Well, first off, what do you mean by blank walls?

Second, I'm currently working on the pixelmovement version of the script. I got a lot of the formulas roughly figured out. It'll use slope, tangeants, distance forumula, etc. and the final result will be walls that will change their angle based on the angle that you are facing them.

Although, I supposed I should update this version of the script first, to include those angled walls.

What do you guys think? Go right into pixelmovement or fix the walls for the tile version?

fix the walls for the tile version.
that way, I can make a shining in the darkness clone

CJ darkanjel: Ahhh, ok.

Yeah, tommorrow, I'm gonna fix all the walls and stuff in the tile version first. I'll do a little repositioning with where the pop-ups are. And I'll add a special angle wall grid. It shouldn't take to long.

It's 1:21 where I'm at now, so I'm gonna get to bed and get an early start(early for me anyways :P )

SOmthing is wrong when I open the game. It says: ????? ' ^^First Person RPG^^' ? 859 ??? NoMethodError ????????

undefined method 'update' for nil:NilClass

when i use character sprites on events, they don't show up.(also, how do i take off the angled maps?) other than that, it's fine.:thumb:

I like it but, i must know this, what is the third layer used for? I was looking at your demo and wanted to find out, but it seems like it does nothing at all. Also, you should try to make it so the walls dont turn when the screen turns so it looks alot more 3D. But I doubt thats really possible. Maybe, i dunno, i dont really understand scripts.

MegatotsuRPG;115950 said:
when i use character sprites on events, they don't show up.(also, how do i take off the angled maps?) other than that, it's fine.:thumb:

Ok, the event pictures are hard-coded with the script. It's easy to add more though. Heres an example of the sage:

when "Sage"
@image.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("Sage")
@graphic = "Sage"
end

This means when an event is called "Sage" (without quotations) It will show the picture Sage. Lets say you wanted to make a Theif event. So you import a picture called Theif into your pictures folder, then make those lines again replacing "Sage" with "Theif"

when "Theif"
@image.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("Theif")
@graphic = "Theif"
end

Then name whatever event you want to be represented by that picture "Theif".

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.