Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

First Person RPG

MegatotsuRPG;116265 said:
ok, but how do i take off the map back grounds and pop-ups(just have the first person part)

All of what you need to edit is in the first 150 lines of the first script.

For the cave map:

when "FPRPG_Caves" # By tileset I mean the image file in your import folder being used.
# The corresponding background to the tileset.
@background.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("backgroundCaves")
@transition = "backgroundCaves"

This means in your data tab; tilesets. whatever tileset is named FPRPG_Caves will have the rest of that data.

@background.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("backgroundCaves")
@transition = "backgroundCaves"

This shows what pictures are displayed as the backround, just change to " " instead of "backroundCaves"

Pop ups? Like the treasure chests? Just delete the events.

Jason

Awesome Bro

It looks very shabby, But it only took me like 20 seconds to do, All I did was make a picture of a Sword and shield being held, so when your walking round, it gives it more of a first person feel, because you can see your hands (Just like Oblivion)

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1743/frpgswordshieldog7.png[/IMG]

All I did was put the picture into the picture files (RMXP/Pictures), then make it show picture, and put the x + y to wherever you wanted them to be. Easy !

Hey... sorry to dig up an older topic, but I really want to use this system for the game I'm currently working on. I've already whipped up a real short 1 floor sort of demo to test it all out and it works near perfect save one small problem.

If the player dies in combat and gets game over, it will play the Game Over Tune but not display the Game Over screen. Instead the tune just plays and whatever was the current view in First Person Mode remains. Then once the tune finishes the same First Person shot remains as the "New Game/Continue/End" box pops up.

Likewise if I try to call Game Over via an event it does this same thing and if I try to use Return to Title Screen via an event it will just stay on the First Person view and load the New Game, etc. box instead of bringing back up the title image and all. I tried what was suggested in the original post to "turn off" the first person mode but it never reverts back from the first person view.

Just curious if someone knows a solution for this... perhaps something I'm doing wrong or a fix for the script? Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read and reply.

I love the way this sounds but i don't get it. Why do you need those pictures? Can't it just be first person, no catch to it? And if so how?

Rolf

FANTASTIC SCRIPT!

I love sword of vermillion. This script is something I always wanted!

I want to see someone make an entire game with this!

This oh so reminds me of the Sega Genesis game Sword of Vermilion. Were it's a typical rpg in towns but once out in the field it's FPS all the way. The battles are sorta free roaming were you can walk about, jump, and hack and slash the monsters that stand in your way.
Here is a link to a out of site or not sure if this is alright area to view screen shots of Sword of Vermilion -=linkhttp://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/genesis/sov/walkthrough/walk02.shtml=-
just so you can get a grasp as to what i think this script would turn out like.
Btw very great script.

Rolf

I tried redoing the graphics, I realized the horizon line (as in where the trees and walls come from) is really awkward... would anyone be able to lower it? I suck at scripting... :p

I do realize and apologize for the necroposting... but I really like this script... ALOT  :smile:
If at all possible would the author of this script mind providing a few simple answers regarding the way this was made?

Two things:

- The script, as it stands already... Resident Evil 4... totally possible  :thumb:

- How did you manage the scaling effect?... Ages ago (okay about 3 years in actuality), when I first stumbled onto RPG Maker XP... My goal was an RPG with a pre-rendered background feel to it [ala, pretty much every Resident Evil game up to Nemesis, Final Fantasy (All three PSone-era titles), Galerians (PSone), Vampire Hunter D (PSone), and Parasite Eve 1 & 2 to name a few]...

The most difficult part I'd found, which led to the ultimate demise of the project(s)... was getting the 
characters to scale accordingly {Bigger in the foreground, smaller in the background).

Somehow.... I think the key is somewhere in the way this script functions...

Could be wrong...

Just wanted to share my thoughts and inquiries.... Otherwise, a big pat on the back for a job very well done  :thumb: Very Impressive!

Looks Great Khoa  :smile:

What changes have been made within the script itself, if you don't mind me asking?
There is the obvious use of better quality pictures, and the transitions seem alot smoother; but I was curious from a technical standpoint as to what's been modified to make this work as it good as it does now.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.