Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FFXII Battle System

Status
Not open for further replies.
RTH":2o6gep0t said:
hungery12":2o6gep0t said:
ok, I unequiped a weapon, and now I can't re-equip it. What is going on here? ???

I think It is not that you can't re-equip it, i think you can but the windows shows you can't.

Just look for:
Code:
  def refresh_status
    @equip_status.equips = @equips
    @equip_window.equips = @equips
  end
and add.
Code:
  def refresh_status
    @equip_status.equips = @equips
    @equip_window.equips = @equips
    @party_equip_window.refresh
  end

If it is not that you wanted, try to be more specific.

More specific, ok, I'll try. When I go to re-equip it the thing says "you can't equip bronze sword"

Sorry to pester you again, but I can't seem to figure out how to work the respawn.  What comment would I use if I wanted to the enemy to respawn when the map changes.  And, where would I put the comment?

darkkyros":2p7hg68h said:
Sorry to pester you again, but I can't seem to figure out how to work the respawn.  What comment would I use if I wanted to the enemy to respawn when the map changes.  And, where would I put the comment?
I know how you feel.

I love this so far but for some odd reason my allies will only attack one guy on the map and nothing else they stop following me after that help?

fallendrako":17hw1kbf said:
I love this so far but for some odd reason my allies will only attack one guy on the map and nothing else they stop following me after that help?
make sure the enemy event has a second page with the comment "ss DEAD".  I too had that problem.

RTH":2sy3kjnb said:
darkkyros":2sy3kjnb said:
EDIT:  Sorry for all of the questions, but do you have a readme file for all of the comments like: agressiveness, sight, respawn, etc.?

I just added to the demo an .txt file explaining about them and thanks for reminding me about the respawn. I just added to the demo.

hungery12":2sy3kjnb said:
How do you add on to the licence board?

Yeh, follow these steps:

1 - Open the script editor.
2 - Replace where you have.
Code:
$scene = Scene_Title.new
to
Code:
$scene = Scene_Create_Licences.new(Hero Id)
3 - Start your game.
4 - Edit your board. (Select the house and trigger C)
5 - Close your game by pressing B
6 - Repeat the item 2, 3, 4, 5 with all your actors.
7 - Rewrite back the line
Code:
$scene = Scene_Title.new

or, if you are lazy just like me, delete the file: Data/Licences.rxdata and
follow these steps using: $scene = Scene_Create_Licences.new(0)

Where do you edit the script ??? im stuck sorry.

and how do you un disable the gambits?

RTH":5nf01ul6 said:
Lockheart":5nf01ul6 said:
Would it be possible to detach the menu system apart from the battle system and use them separately or do they require each other to work?

I like the menu system but I'm not a big fan of ABS systems. So maybe you could look into separating them once everything is done, Possibly?

Yes it is. I 've made this menu thinking on that. Just copy the FFXII - Menu, FFXII - Scene_Item, FFXII - Scene_Equip and change these lines of the "FFXII - Menu" script:
Code:
    USING_RTH_FFXII_BATTLE = false

# Set the menu commands' name:
# DATA[index] = ["Command", "Help Text"]
    DATA = []
    DATA[0] = ["Party", "\\i[049-Skill06]Select your party", 0]
    DATA[1] = ["Status", "\\i[049-Skill06]See your party status", 0]
    DATA[2] = ["Equip", "\\i[049-Skill06]Equip your party", 0]
    DATA[3] = ["Licences", "\\i[049-Skill06]Edit your licenses", 0]
    DATA[4] = ["Gambits", "\\i[049-Skill06]Edit your gambits", 0]
    DATA[5] = ["Inventory", "\\i[049-Skill06]Check your items and equipaments", 0]
    DATA[6] = ["Config", "\\i[049-Skill06]Game Configuration", 0]
    DATA[7] = ["End", "\\i[049-Skill06]Exit the game", 0]

# Set the menu commands:
# COMMANDS[index] = eval command
# Ex:
# "start_actor_select('Scene_X') will call: $scene = Scene_X.new(party index)
# "start_actor_select('Scene_X', arg) will call: $scene = Scene_X.new(party index, arg)
# "$scene = Scene_X.new" will call: $scene = Scene_X.new  :P

COMMANDS = []
    COMMANDS[0] = "start_party_change_select"
    COMMANDS[1] = "start_actor_select('Scene_Status')"
    COMMANDS[2] = "start_actor_select('Scene_Equip', 2)"
    COMMANDS[3] = "start_actor_select('Scene_Licences', 3)"
    COMMANDS[4] = "set_error('Disabled option')"
    COMMANDS[5] = "$scene = Scene_Item.new(5)"
    COMMANDS[6] = "$scene = Scene_Config.new(6)"
    COMMANDS[7] = "$scene = Scene_End.new(7)"

I haven't tested it properly but it worked for me.
If you see any bugs, warn me.

Okay, I tried that but it doesn't work, it gives me an error about the active actors not being set.

how do you make the other character not fight untill you fight and then when the enime is defeated make them not move on to the nearset one???

Umm when i try 2 edit the liecens i get a error about the quickenings ???? can u help plz

and how do you change the background of the licenceboard ????

rickster090":1ityc258 said:
Umm when i try 2 edit the liecens i get a error about the quickenings ???? can u help plz

and how do you change the background of the licenceboard ????
I gotta say, I love your avatar. to change the backround of the licenceboard, go into the licences folder within the graphics folder and just change the picture titled "back" to whatever.

Thanks umm do you know about the rye.jp cbs starter pack coz i want this to work with the ff12 menu script yet i have tried and it has not worked
*thanks the avatar came from a friend*

is it possible to make some sub-menu of the voice "skill" of the battle menu just like the game(black magic, white magic...)

rickster090":oe6sz5cs said:
Thanks umm do you know about the rye.jp cbs starter pack coz i want this to work with the ff12 menu script yet i have tried and it has not worked
*thanks the avatar came from a friend*
I'm sorry I have no idea, and your welcome.

hmm...does anyone know how to add the abilty to add new armour/shields + weapons to the grid and not only skills and stats?

and does anyone know what the script is for calling the liscence board? I am using the ffx-2 modified menu because it looks better and I have changed the save button to allow it to go to the lisence board (well actually I didn't do I had help from kryptonator who showed me how to do it :D )

but so far we can't figure out how to call the board itself...only the 'maintenance' board to make the board and not buy the licenses on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.