Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FFXII Battle System

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTH

FFXII Battle System

Systems

- Enemies
- Party
- Skills
- Quickenings ( Mist and Summon )
- Items
- Change Target between hero and enemy
- attack animation
- Active and Passive Battle
- Flee
- MENU
- Licences
- Etc.

Controls

Controls - Out-Battle:
  X - Change Hero # Keyboard A
  A - Fight Menu # Keyboard Z
  R - Run Away # Keyboard W

Controls - InBattle:
  R, Y - Up Down # Keyboard W, S
  X, Z - Change Hero Menu # Keyboard A, D
  A - Cancel Battle Menu # Keyboard Z
  B - Cancel Battle Menu # Keyboard X
  C - Confirm Action # Keyboard C

Controls - Target Selection
  X, Z - Changes among ally/enemy # Keyboard A, D

Screenshots

Menu:
ffxii1in8.jpg

InBattle:
ffxii2fp5.jpg

Mist Skill:
ffxii3jj7.jpg

Download

http://www.4shared.com/file/31925812/ea157d6d/FFXII_-_English.html - English Version

http://www.4shared.com/file/28901565/9f786c20/FFXII.htm - Original Portuguese version

Crédits
RTH

Author Notes
It is not fully translated to english. (If someone wants to, just talk to me)
Now, it is just the gambits and some bug-fixing.

RTH

xephyr14":3rycyf7w said:
>_> isnt there already a FF12 system on here?  Active Dimension Battle, anyone?

Sorry if it is. It is just...i am always trying to update my scripts.
I will talk to the other guy who posted it here.
This one i've posted is updated.

Anonymous

I'm not gonna say negative things, I think this is awesome!!

Almost good, 'cept I cannot fight at all and I have this figino or something floating on the screen the whole time, whats up with that? Fix the fighting problem and that text and I think I might just use this!

RTH

Lockheart":3usstg0u said:
Almost good, 'cept I cannot fight at all and I have this figino or something floating on the screen the whole time, whats up with that? Fix the fighting problem and that text and I think I might just use this!

Sorry man, i forgot to translate the pictures... ;D...But now, it is already translated.
"Fugindo" means fleeing, and it just happens when R is pressed down. (R = Keyboard W).
Bug found and fixed (Fleeing while in Non-Battle maps).

Great, can I assume the demo(either one) has been updated?

EDIT: okay, I tried it again and the running away bit didn't appear like I stated before, however if I kill enough enemies of the same type to get a chain going like in FFXII then I get this gambit level error.

RTH

My bad. I renamed the variable and forgot to rename where it is used in the rest of the script....¬¬
But it is ok now.

Oh, quickenings!  Just wondering if in this version that the gambits function has been completed and if you are planning on making a license board feature to go with this!

Can't wait to see a more full one (gambits mostly..those were a godsend), still a few bugs but I believe it's just a conflict with one of my custom scripts ^^;

ok i have messed with this script on my own and in get everything to work except mist and skills they dont show up in the battle command window! i have spent a whole day try to figure this out could someone please help!

i copied the code into a new game,and when i go and change the names of the classes in the original the skills dont show up! how do i fix this, i can find it in the script

unwise

mmm it seems that the gold doesn't update in the menu. Don't think its only the menu. And if i look at the script and compare it with rth-abs is almost the same (except for the menu part and those few extra stuff). What i want to say is the gold doesn't get updated in rht-abs. So its the same problem :).

Tried to figure out where the problem is cause it works the same as the exp thing, i think (thats how i will code it) but i didn't find the right code so can you please fix the gold problem? or just point me in the right way?

I can't wait to see more.  I definitely will use this in my game.  I only have two questions so far.

1 - What would I do to make it so when the Main Actor dies (Leader), it's game over?
2 - And, is there a way to disable the character switching? 

unwise

kiralim":1bvju4w6 said:
How do you make an event happen when a certain monster dies?

Use a switch :) under the SS dead comment i think.

A example is in the demo when you defeat the boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.