Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Diablo Starter kit (Isometric enviroment coming soon!)(Minor

• Yes

Votes: 81 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 24.3%

• Total voters
Introduction

As you can see, this is a Diablo Starter Kit!
I started designing this starter kit many weeks ago after many people wanted to make Diablo styled games. So I came up with this basic kit!
If used credit Me and All Scripters for our scripts and systems (Check the Credits section for authors of scripts)

What is Diablo?
Diablo is an Action RPG, with an intergrated point and click system. The stories are split into acts, in which there are quests you have to complete before going on to the next act. There are many different monsters and bosses and dungeons with multiple levels, to make the game more interesting. Many weapons, items,  upgrades and skills are available to purchase, collect and learn.

UPDATE!
After a long time away from the forums, I have come back to RMXP with a new release of DSDK coming up including Isometric Enviroment!!
Thnx to Gambler and Reiner for this, I will give proper credit when the updateis released...
Here's a sneak peek of what it will look like...
isou.th.png

Features
  • Full Screen
  • Splash Screen
  • Diablo Styled Inventory
  • ABS
  • MapName
  • Gameover to Town
  • WayPoints
  • Updated Message System
  • NOW 8 CLASSES! Paladin, Amazon, Barbarian, Necromancer, Sorceress, Assasin, Witch Doctor and Druid
  • Original Music
  • Items
  • Weapons
  • Armours
  • Skills
  • DruidSkills System
  • NecromancerSkills System (Next Version)
  • Scroll Of Town Portal System
  • ItemPop System
  • Enemies
  • Large Parties Supported for Summoning
  • IMS
  • Pixel Movement
  • Time System
  • Caterpillar
  • Anti-Lag
  • Character Selection (Next Version)
  • Isometric Enviroment (Next Version)

Ideas?
Do you have scripts you would like to add or donate? Do you have Scripts you would like to see?
Just post them!

What to expect in the next version!
More Original Weapons
More Original Items
More Original Armours
Graphics (Working on)

V1.0
Mediafire
Download

V1.1
Rapidshare
Download

Mediafire
Download

V1.11
Rapidshare
Downlod Now

Mediafire
Download Now

Download Music!
Wilderness
Rogue Encampment
Sisters
Spider
Jungle
Zakarum
Desert
Toru
Sanctuary
Crypt
Tomb
Monastary
Cave
Mesa
Leoric
Coda
Roger and Me
Docks
Mephisto
Sewer
Tristam
Kurast
Maggots

Please Post any Ideas or Thoughts on my Kit!

Sprugles555

Credits To
Sprugles555
Reiner
MogHunter
Mr.Mo
Near Fantastica
Cybersam
Axerax
Selwyn
Kylock
JOAONETO
DarkSchneider
Panchokoster
Diablosbud
Arevulopapo
ShadowBall
SlipKnot
Trickster
lambchop
Mr_Smith
Dargor

Jason

Awesome Bro

Atemu":2hw3aeih said:
Sprugles, did you do any of this yourself, or did you just throw a bunch of scripts together?

They were my thoughts exactly, this can't really be called a starter kit, because all you've done is find random diablo-like scripts and put them into a game, a starter kit has everything needed to make a game, so you'd need all of the graphics too, thats why the Pokéon starter kit is so great, it includes EVERYTHING from the games, you're just being lazy and trying to get credit from other peoples hard work. Shame on you.

What should I call this then? The idea was to compile scripts ( I haven't made them but edited them) to amke it easier for others, I'm ripping music and sprites, making all the skills, classes, Items, weapons and armours. It was ment to make it easier for others! The scripts may not be mine, but I'm adding extra features, and editing old ones.
Sorry if the name gave out the wrong message.

Full Screen- normal
Splash Screen- normal
Diablo Styled Inventory- OK
SBABS- OK Ok Ok
MapName- Ok
New Shop Layout- OK Ok
NPC Name Script- normal
New Gameover screen-bad
Splash Screen- normal
Dynamic Difficulty- bad
Difficulty Unlocker- bad
WayPoints- bad
Updated Message System- normal
All seven classes! Paladin, Amazon, Barbarian, Necromancer, Sorceress, Assasin and Druid
- very very good
Original Music

Diablo made by C++
if we want make any game like it, we must have book to quicky have some knowlege about C++

I'm vietnamese gamer
so my English too bad

No matter what language you speak, don't double post ~Atemu

gamethu91 Thanks for that, I've decided to remove the difficuty chooser and difficulty unlocker, the waypoints, somehow make a diablo game, so I'll keep them, The Original Music, Weapons, Items, Armours and classes are being included with the next update! Oh and I'm including a few different windowskins, Mr Mo's latest NeoSBABS,and a new Starter map, Which includes more detailed descriptions on how all the scripts work! (The Splash screen now includes the diablo II logo!

arev

Sponsor

Hey sprugles555, I don't mind using my script for starter kits, but I'll have to ask you to remove the "IGS 2007-2010 all right reserved" splash screen. Aside that, you can't really make anything that's even a bit diablo-like with keyboard controls and 32x32 tile movement. If you want to make it good, take a look at f0tz's "pixelmovement" and "mouse - event interaction" by Anaryu. Combining these two will get you some decent results. It won't be easy but still possible, since I used such a combination in one of my game's demos.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.