Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

DerVVulfman's Limit Break Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing to help... that, and $lb_hidden is a global array in Limit Break (DVV) itself and not with Alistor's Menu for Limit Break.

The $lb_hidden array holds the IDs of actors who's limit break bars are hidden from (or not displayed in) the menu and battlestatus windows. If you put a value of '3' in the array (as such)...
Code:
$lb_hidden = [3]
... then actor #3 in your system will now show any limit break bars, nor will have a chime/SE when his limit break maximum has been reached.

Misnomer: The $lb_hidden array does not disable the actor(s) from gaining limitbreak points but merely hides it. Characters with 'hidden' bars may still be able to perform limit breaks 'if' they have limitbreak skills.

Heyo, sorry for bringing this up, but I'd like to change something about what appears in the menu, and I'm absolutely clueless.

Basically, what I want is for in the limit submenu to only display the limit skills, but not be able to select different gain types, even delete that division from the submenu altogether; the character should always keep the same gain type throughout the game. How would I achieve what I'm looking for? I've tried altering the script, but I'm really unexperienced with all that, so that wouldn't quite work.

Hi... umm sorry... but I have a question... How do I add limit break skills? I have everything set up and running, but I have no clue how to assign limit breaks to my characters

~(Adremmalech)~;311843 said:
Hi... umm sorry... but I have a question... How do I add limit break skills? I have everything set up and running, but I have no clue how to assign limit breaks to my characters

I'll assume that you've added all the Limit Break scripts (these two and DerVVulfman's basic script)
Now anyway it's in the standard one that you'll get to name your Limit Break. In the database you add a new element that you name the exact same thing. Now you tag the skills that you want to use as a Limit Break in the Skill menu, and voila, that should do it.

I had some problems with it at first, but it's simple as that.

You need to create the actual limit break 'Element'. It's an element in the same way as Fire, Earth, Water, vs Undead...

Once you create that, and make sure it's the same name as the one you have in the Limit Break DVV script itself, you're ready to go.

Thanks, I was able to find it shortly after my post.... XD great system!! it actually works perfect with some of the other battle scripts Im running

I may yet add a few more 'gain rates'.

With the way Alistor's menu script is set up, he no longer needs to edit it anymore. The end-user can do it.

If I do add more rates, I'll post how to add 'em into his menu.

When i open the menu it doesn't show the Limit Break option.

edit:

Basically when i open the games menu. The Limit Break Option isn't there.
and how do i set moves to be used as the Limit Break?

Chimp_dude2;313685 said:
When i open the menu it doesn't show the Limit Break option.

edit:

Basically when i open the games menu. The Limit Break Option isn't there.
and how do i set moves to be used as the Limit Break?

Second question, look, litterally, three posts above yours. For question number one, have you installed both scripts of this menu thingy? I had only installed the first one and it did not function untill I installed the second. Could be possibly that.

I'd like to question again if there's a possibility to delete the "Gain Type" selection in the Limit Break submenu? They should not be able to change it, in fact there shouldn't even be more than one type (I've solved the latter in the script database.)

As of now, there's no function or option to remove the "Gain Type" window from the Limit Break menu. Though, without it, the menu would be nothing but a 'list' of Limit Break skills... usable only in battle.

Jeronimus;313721 said:
Second question, look, litterally, three posts above yours. For question number one, have you installed both scripts of this menu thingy? I had only installed the first one and it did not function untill I installed the second. Could be possibly that.

Both scripts are installed properly. The game works fine but there is no Limit break option on the menu.

For quick reference, i am using The Minkoffs Battlers enhanced scripts, and all the Scripts in the RTAB demo on that topic. Could it be a script clash or something?

Scripts i am using (In Order):

- Scene Menu, edited version from first post.

- SDK (Standard Development Kit)

- Real Time Active Battle System
- HP/SP/EXP Gauge Script

- Skill casting time counter
- Remodled Damage Display
- Skill Learn Ver 1.0

- RTAB Gauge (redrawn)
- RTAB - Stretch Removal
- RTAB Configuration System
- RTAB F-S Battle Result Patch
- Battle Report V1.6

- Animated Battlers
1. Configuration
2. Sprite System
3. Battle System
4. Misc Code
5. RTAB Patch

- Lauras escape (RTAB)
- Limit Break

- Limit Break Menu

- HP/MP/ATB (Seph Slant)

- Mimi's Battle music
- Battle back changer
- Demon Picture Book
- Animated Battlers Patch for Momo's bestiary (Demon Picture Book) Script

- TRICKSTER'S Steal,Mug v6
1. Method & Class Lib. V1.5
2. Addons MACL
3. Steal_Setup
4. Steal System (New)
5. Customizations
6. Mods to classes
7. Scene_Title Edits
8. Scan Fix for Animated Battlers

- GUILLAUME777's Multi-Slot
1. Multi-slot script : Modules
2. Multi-slot script : Actor
3. Multi-slot script : Windows
4. Multi-slot script : Other

The scripts in bold are the ones i don't want to remove. So hopefully there not the problems. ^_^
WOW!! I just realised how many scripts i'm using. :eek:
If anyone could help it would be really nice.

Thanks in advance

~~~~Chimp~~~~

Jeronimus;313721 said:

I'd like to question again if there's a possibility to delete the "Gain Type" selection in the Limit Break submenu? They should not be able to change it, in fact there shouldn't even be more than one type (I've solved the latter in the script database.)

Both scripts are installed properly. The game works fine but there is no Limit break option on the menu.

For quick reference, i am using The Minkoffs Battlers enhanced scripts, and all the Scripts in the RTAB demo on that topic. Could it be a script clash or something?

Scripts i am using (In Order):

- SDK (Standard Development Kit)

- Real Time Active Battle System
- HP/SP/EXP Gauge Script

- Skill casting time counter
- Remodled Damage Display
- Skill Learn Ver 1.0

- RTAB Gauge (redrawn)
- RTAB - Stretch Removal
- RTAB Configuration System
- RTAB F-S Battle Result Patch
- Battle Report V1.6

- Animated Battlers
1. Configuration
2. Sprite System
3. Battle System
4. Misc Code
5. RTAB Patch

- Lauras escape (RTAB)
- Limit Break

- Limit Break Menu

- HP/MP/ATB (Seph Slant)

- Mimi's Battle music
- Battle back changer
- Demon Picture Book
- Animated Battlers Patch for Momo's bestiary (Demon Picture Book) Script

- TRICKSTER'S Steal,Mug v6
1. Method & Class Lib. V1.5
2. Addons MACL
3. Steal_Setup
4. Steal System (New)
5. Customizations
6. Mods to classes
7. Scene_Title Edits
8. Scan Fix for Animated Battlers

- GUILLAUME777's Multi-Slot
1. Multi-slot script : Modules
2. Multi-slot script : Actor
3. Multi-slot script : Windows
4. Multi-slot script : Other

The scripts in bold are the ones i don't want to remove. So hopefully there not the problems. ^_^
WOW!! I just realised how many scripts i'm using. :eek:
If anyone could help it would be really nice.

Thanks in advance

~~~~Chimp~~~~

When you listed...
... I can assume that this is the 2nd half of Alistor's system?

As the SDK rewrites/overwrites the default system... it is GOING to rewrite the Scene_Menu system. This effectively erases it. You'll have to post the edit below the SDK.

Nadim

Sorry for the UP.
But i need to know how to fix some bugs in the script of the Limit.
In fact, when I use the skill "Confuse" on one enemy (like a Ghost)
and it kills or itself the other Ghost (in its Monster Group), the system go down and it says me that there is an error on line 816 ("if battler.lb_type == 3"). I try with all Limit's type but it's always the same story.
It gives me error also if i cut that part (the next error is at line 819, "elsif battler.lb_type == 4").
How can I fix them?
Another error is if I use the Defense Limit Type: I can't use any skill!!!
Can you help me please?
Because I like a lot those scripts and I would like to use them in my projects...

Thank you!

Ok..... i have a battle where they talk for a bit and then fight, but it lags really really bad untill the fighting starts.  i took out the script for the bars and it works fine.  how can I keep the bars and have the battle not lag!

Oh ya and i would also like to know how to add some kind of animation to the screen when the characters fill the limit break.  i tried a couple things with the script but it didnt work.

i just want to ask how will i remove the window skin in the limit break menu only? I just some pics on it but the window skin overlap it X_X so please tell me...

anything not directly related to the menu system should be directed elsewhere, as i am really busy at the moment.

@laveniuk I dunno, I've never had that problem before.

@instinct04  Huh??? what are you asking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.