Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

DerVVulfman's Limit Break Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
46&2, the problem is an un-forseen compatability issue with SDK part III. My script adds a line to the refresh method of the skill selection in battle. Unfortunately, this was not caught before, as the script was tested with SDK Part I, the part that deals with the command windows. I will look into this and see what I can do.

Couldn't be a conflict with SDK 2.2's Window_Skill class as there isn't one. I tested the demo with the whole SDK. Window_Skill has been replaced with a global Window_Base section that controls it. You can take a look for 'class Window_Skill', but you won't find one within the whole 1-4 parts.

And as this system rewrote the Window_Skill class and didn't alias it, then whatever it the problem... it's a script that attempts to access Window_Skill's refresh method, finding a new refresh method that has two more values, though the default 'false' values should make it compatible anyway.

Okay, pay no heed to that last complaint of mine. It was apparently just a problem of order - I've had Blizzard's Tons of Addons script in there for a while now, and it didn't cause a problem with the Limit Break script itself originally, but with the menu section it has to go after Tons of Addons to avoid dingley-error-box death.

EDIT: Now, though, I'm getting this when I hit "Attack" in combat:

Script 'Limit Break (DVV)' line 618: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `limitbreak' for #<Game_Enemy:0x38fcb60>

Could be 'order' related. Individually, you can use this Limit Break menu (to separate 'limit' skills from regular ones) or the Attack-Replacer (to change the Attack option when the bar is filled) with Limit Break (DVV), using their own separate features. But when the two are combined, 'Limit Break' skills are fully HIDDEN in the skill menus as are regular skills from the 'Limit Break' skill window.

BUT... the proper order IS necessary:
* Limit Break (DVV)
* Attack-Replacer
* Limit Break Menu pt 1 (Limit Break system)
* Limit Break Menu pt 2 (Main Menu Edit)

Got 'em in that order and they're the last scripts on my list. But when I attack in battle (as in, when I hit C on the Attack option, before even selecting an opponent), I get the above error. I have the scripts pasted directly in from the demo you posted on the Limit Break thread itself.

I've tried it with just the limit script itself (no attack replacer or menu) and got same error, so it's not the menu. Guess I'll just have to take out my other scripts one by one and see where the conflict is. Ho hum. :P

Tzune

Hey. I could really use some help here if you don't mind.

First time ever I use scrips I kinda figuret out most problems my self or by reading on the forum (Nice guild btw ^^)

Anyway, when I start the game and enter the menu I can see the "Limit" line. If I press it and I choses a char it says:
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/7695/rpgerrorhz9.jpg[/IMG]

This is what I have from line 31-37:

# Skill Window
@skill_window = Window_Skill.new(@actor)
@skill_window.y = 192
@skill_window.height = 288
@skill_window.refresh(true, true)
@skill_window.active = false
# Skill Status Window

Anyone that can tell me what I did wrong?
Allso when I go into combat it doesn't show a "Limit" bar anywhere. Did I make more mistakes?

P.S
Sorry im such a noob. >_<

I think I know. A script conflict.

Below the Limit Break Menu script, you have another script that rewrites or redefines the Scene_Skill's 'refresh' def. Alistor reworked the refresh def to require two passed arguments... seperation and overdrive_skills.

Hense, that error...

Tzune

Ok I tryed to remove the "(true, true)" and the error dident pop up.

But now it say something else:

Script 'Scene_LimitMenu' line 43: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `lb_type' for #<Game_Actor:0x15bfdf8>

-
If I did it wrong you can slap me.

ok, post a list of the scripts you use, in the order they appear in your Script Editor... I'll look at them and see what i can do.

did you happen to separate my script into sections?
if so, it's plug and play, you just paste the whole thing in a new editor tab... might not be what's causing the issue, but you never know.

Also, i didn't see DerWWulfman's Limit System in there, which this script relies on for values like lb_type. paste the limit script above main, and paste the limit menu script under the limit system, still above main... that should fix the issue.

should look like:

scripts
scripts
scripts
scripts
Limit System - DVV
Limit Menu - Alistor
Main

!!!!etadpU[/FONT]

Well, I was recently informed of a bug in the SDK Auto detect coding. This has been fixed, and updated. Just thought you should know.

UPDATE!!!

Update, thanks to DerVVulfman, this is now at version 2.7.

EDIT: Ok, the first post now has a link to DVV Limit system, including both add-on scripts.

Rue

There's a bug. When you only have one member on the party, the limit menu option on the main menu is colored gray.

Like DVV, I've removed everyone from the party, and the option is still active. I think it has to do with one of your other scripts. Could you list what you are using, please?

Rue

Okay.

SDK 2.3
MACL 2.1

L's CMS
Skill Picture Book
Hart's Window Item, Equip and Status
MOG Mapname
Mog Treasure Name
Zelda Scrolling Script
Selwyn's Minimap
Prexcraft
Diablo Waypoints
Advance Shop
Credits Script
Battle Report Script
Hiding Options
Map Info
Bestiary Script (Trickster)
Action Message (Trickster)

Rue

Okay.

SDK 2.3
MACL 2.1

L's CMS
Skill Picture Book
Hart's Window Item, Equip and Status
MOG Mapname
Mog Treasure Name
Zelda Scrolling Script
Selwyn's Minimap
Prexcraft
Diablo Waypoints
Advance Shop
Credits Script
Battle Report Script
Hiding Options
Map Info
Bestiary Script (Trickster)
Action Message (Trickster)
Image Damage Display
Scene Base
Seph's Crafting and Intro Script
Supportive Scripts
Bag of Skill Effects
Steal Script
Quest Manager Shop
Limit Break
Limit Menu
Attack Replacer
Bar for limit break

Which of these scripts might affect the limit menu?

Possible conflict with L's CMS (never actually tried it) and (um, don't ask why...) the MOG scripts.

Make a 'complete copy' of your project and try removing one or more of these and see what happens, even if it ISN'T one that I mentioned. When you remove the one that is causing the glitch... that's the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.