Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Black Effect: Sequel to Under

Dead content awaiting restoration.

Taylor

Sponsor

Ah Miniex' dialogue makes more sense. He wasn't scrubbing th floors to find Patte(r)n, he was scrubbing the floors because a guy named Patten told him to. ^^

It's REALLY quiet. I had to turn my volume far up to hear it... then my head was blasted when Windows did a beep. x.x

Oh and a bug I never noticed before, the bucket in the jail near the first savepoint can be walked on.

Why ain't I a beta tester. I'm testing betas ain't I? XD
*goes back to playing*

Ya, we all missed that one somehow, but it's fixed now. And damn! That battler sounds good.

Anyhow, I updated the main post to include more information.

Taylor

Sponsor

What about the sound problem?

I've finished the demo. No other problems I think.

The lava joke was hillarious. XD
I wasn't expecting that evil-guys base scene though... rather intresting. :eek:
HEX IS ALIIIIIIVE AND HES HUNGRY FOR BRAYINS
yeah i'll shutup now

This game is really really good. The best indie game I've every played. Not really for it's innovations, because although the battle system is different it really is just a RPG.
What I love is the proffesional quality of the game. I only remember 1 spelling error at the beggining. And the story flows great. The story itself is also really friggen good.
I loved Under, and that's what brought me to these forums, but this game destroys it. Nice work, and congrats to your beta players. They are really doing their job.

Is this kind of like a sequel to Under? Being that one of the characters is recognizable?

Aside from that, your mapping looks superb, even though there are clear Character Maker XP stuff in there. Good luck on the project. Bye'Cha!

Tim.

Wow. I downloaded this the other night, and I got to the small tomb behind the church before I got too tired to continue on. Great game I say, but I'm wondering, what did you do to make the screen move so... smoothly? Is it a script? : )

I'm stuck in the haunted mines. Can't seem to find anything to hit the switch with and raise the bridge above the "super-hot water".

After being away for some time I have finally updates this game topic and added new shots and updates. This is also the newest version.

People, The Beta Tester has spoken. go to streamlinegames.com The site dedicated to The Black Effect and join us at the forums!
The Black Effect is coming real soon.

wow this is a game that realy catches your eye, Under was the first rmxp game I played and it was awsoem, and this game is better than awsoem the presentation at the beggining in the jail was great, the skill system is pretty cool to, for now I have no negetive comments.

Thanks. If you liked the original version of this you should check out this new one. The entire game has been overhauled, story, progression, everything. It is pretty much a new game with the same character names.

Is this the final version? I've played the first demo before the forward facing battlers and new sprites. I'm sorta disappointed about the changes. I liked how the story originally started in the jail the flashed back to the beginning. I also miss the old tileset for the skill map. I guess the up side is that battles are now easier/faster.
I think you worked it so much it lost it's uniqueness. I guess I'll have to learn to love it.

Ya, I have some regrets. But I feel(hope) now that the story is much more involved and smoother flowing. A lot of the main issues with the original version have been fixed as well. So as I agree the project lost some of it's uniqueness, I feel it's gained a lot more depth. The addition of obsticles that block enemies during battle I feel is a good idea as well. Right now, it doesn't change too much strategically, but it will. I also feel and have been told the game is much more atmospheric and cinematic now. That's a good thing. I also love Padraig's soundtrack he is creating. I'm so lucky to have a talent such as him on this project.
Thanks for the comments thus far everyone.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.