Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

And we're back!

Yay!!!! But the search is still function is still down guys... Just telling an admin like it said, lol.

EDIT: Well, about 4 times in a row i was searching for something, can't remebember what (Not important right now XD) But it said it had am error and i should tell an admin if the problem continues. But its back up again so who cares.

shadow

Sponsor

Search works fine.. screenshot?

Edit: you guys might notice a few hiccups on the forums the next few minutes while we go back to our regular Apache version. We were running it compiled under prefork to test performance.

Anonymous

thank you for getting this up while i fought off hobos with broken bottles!!

happy new year(god i am in so much pain)

did you airplane fly away again no airplane?

At any rate, 100% CPU sounds like it was running for a damn long while. You shouldn't forget to restart the computer once every 2-3 months.

Anonymous

At any rate, 100% CPU sounds like it was running for a damn long while. You shouldn't forget to restart the computer once every 2-3 months.

while this would apply for a silly home computer, falcon is a server. it is designed to be kept on until the end of time, or a really bad power outage, or something explodes.

jamie

shiroun":1vixa1gu said:

These are servers running FreeBSD, not a home PC running Windows 98.

This was not a hardware issue or an issue with Apache [as it turns out], it was an issue with SMF/PHP only. Restarting would do nothing to solve the problem.

Kojo

I was on IRC and heard all of what happened when it went down. Someone said something about being digged. I dunno how valid that is... but anyhow, good job, happy new years!

Everytime i post, it doesnt work...
I have to refresh to get the page to work.
Its weird.

Good job getting the site back up though.

shadow

Sponsor

We've been having two ongoing issues tonight:

The forums have been slow tonight and going up and down due to issues at our datacenter. Our provider was having problems with one of it's uplinks (Xeex Communications). They've temperately rerouted service to another uplink and got everybody back online. As jamie has stated earlier, problems at our provider are out of our control.

The second issue I think is with Apache. I'm not sure if it is a configuration issue or not, but some people are experiencing random white screens and error messages saying "hacking attempt". We are testing out lighttpd (another web server) and the problem is not occurring so the problem is likely Apache.

In the meantime, sorry for the bumpy ride tonight. Not quite the best way to start off the new year, but we'll have everything back to normal soon enough.

Hmm, "hacking attempt" from what I found on my SMF were people inserting code (like say HTML) into sigs or replies, which the software finds are a "hack attempt", so it could just be some error in coding somewhere should try checking that out?

Apache problems are never very fun to deal with, and can be difficult to remedy if you have no clues. I don't envy you, shadow. lol

On a similar topic, I've used lighttpd before and found it to be very reliable. There's another web server that I've used (and am currently using) though I forget its name... It's all GUI, very fast and simple to install/configure. But I believe you're better off with lighttpd if you're comfortable with it.

EDIT: Now I remember. It's called Abyss Web Server. There are a few minor limitations though.

every time I try to access the site when it's down i'll redirect me to an ask search result, even though my default search engine is google. is that normal?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.