Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Aedemphia

Aedemphia: DEMO FINALLY AVAILABLE!

Sorry, some of the techniques like throwing the axe in the ground causing a quake with no animation of it was alittle dissappointing. The map errors though I can't say exactly where they were because they wer in a demo movie my friend sent me to look at, but they were trees that were passed over instead of under (a forest probably). Sorry I can't be more specific.

Yeah, when I initially played it, I was pretty "wowed" by it. One of the cool little touches (I thought) was how the walking sfx changes depending on what type of terrain you walk on. I.e. changes between walking on brick roads, snow, etc.

same as 'celebi269', the demo I just downloaded is entirely in French, where is the translation?

I suppose I could drag out my French/English dictionary and try to wade thro it....but 'hung like a horse' says he translated it......? That's a lot of time and work, it should be here in English like the screen shots show. 

This game looks great. The mapping is good, haha. At first I thought it was one big hand-drawn thing, but I can see where the patterns and objects are repeated when zooming in. xP

Edit: I checked out the screenshots on the website and I have two words... MY !@#$. This is such an inspirational game, you have no idea. O_O Is this going to be free or a commercial game? If it's free, I bet that some of the graphics weren't made by the creators lol. Or at least not designed from scratch.

Sorry for the lack of replies.

Twin Matrix: Doubt all you want but everything is done from Scratch. :)

I have the demo right now on my computer, some bits and pieces are translated.

The author is preparing for an exposition on his game at the end of june. Starting July, we will both work on the translation.

This is going to be a free game although I'm encouraging the author to make it commercial. He's paying some guy to make the music for him out of his own pocket.

We will accept donations however. He works on this 5 hours a day, 7 days a week. I think it would be fair if he received some little compensation for providing a 20 hours game like that.

So anyways, a first English demo should be released in July. Won't be the full game of course but a small portion of it.

Depending on the international reception, we'll release the rest of the game in English.

For those who don't want to wait, this is a good incentive to start learning French! :)

My goodness! That is AMAZING!

I will have to download and play this soon O_O. Rm2k3 too you say? Jeez.. The only thing that is remotely rm2k3 about it is the chatbox.

Dear lord. There's no way that is rpg2003. No way. It's just... TOO amazing. I know I already posted but, for the love of god, that guy should go commercial or something (with a legal game maker) O_o

I'm so mad. I want to play this so much but I can't seem to get the download to work. It keeps failing after 80% or so, my stupid internet. Now I cant even get the download to start up again.

Oh my god, these are the best screens I have ever seen for any RM game, ever. I am definitely downloading this right now. This looks freaking amazing. I really applaud this guy's dedication and artistic aptitude, 'cause, seriously, wow.

However, I must note that I almost didn't come into this topic because I think random umlauts in names are annoying and dumb, and it reminded me of Eragon. Also, the faces aren't quite up to snuff with the tiles, but I guess they work.

Kav

Sponsor

Okay, everyone can stop working on their RMXP games now. Aëdemphia has won RMXP, big time.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's Rm2k3. Figures.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.