Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

With a new era comes a new mascot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions: Would it count as two separate entries if you entered the same mascot, but in two different poses?

And is what we enter final? Because I have a basic idea for a mascot, the only problem is I'm not the greatest at making it look really good like some of the entries here, I can only do the basic colours and look right now.

i'd imagine if it's cool, and it wins, one of the graphically skilled admins will probably spruce it up if its kinda sketchy. i'm pretty sure that's how it worked last time, anyway. nobody is expecting professional quality work out of all of the entries.

and thanks for the kind words! :}

yes, I would probably spruce up whatever is submitted (needs to be compatible for multiple sizes without loss), and it would probably be represented as duplicated in drawings done by myself and various people putting up This Week announcements, so the pose doesn't matter that much. Like I said this would not appear on the forum header or anything like that. It'd be small and unobtrusive mostly, like a less annoying and more thematic paperclip-man from microsoft word.

no, you don't have to worry about protocol that much. just submit whatever you want and we'll pick the cool ones to vote on.
this isn't going to be a huge thing, it will probably just appear in This Week dealies and shit.

Sorry for posting a third entry, but i wanted to enter her.
I know it's not great, it only took 10 minutes and I used Paint, but I felt someone might like it.
Candace.png

mawk

Sponsor

okay, I'm going to start giving out warnings the next time someone tries to post some lame joke, mod or not. this is a legit contest, and none of you are actually funny.

Does he have a joint in his mouth though? That's kind of a turnoff, to be honest. I'm creative, and I love rmxp, but I don't think that smoking weed has anything to do with the forum. But whatev'. If it wins, it wins.

Good luck.

Nyeph

Mikee":197q69e4 said:
Does he have a joint in his mouth though? That's kind of a turnoff, to be honest. I'm creative, and I love rmxp, but I don't think that smoking weed has anything to do with the forum. But whatev'. If it wins, it wins.

Good luck.
Could pass off as a toothpick, but I agree that smoking is off-putting and nothing to do with this forum.

My vote remains with the rabbit.

idk it looks more like a toothpick to me but saying a joint has nothing to do with the site doesn't make much sense. i mean, what do rabbits have to do with .org? or octopi?

this post is meaningless but i felt like making it anyway

mawk

Sponsor

lumi that's code for "remember what people were like when we put a pot leaf in the forum logo"

I was under the impression that it was a toothpick or something too. futurepeople or cyberpunk or whatever that is doesn't have a hell of a lot to do with weed, and it doesn't really resemble a joint aside from the rough shape

and it's not smoking or anything either

I mean you could say he's maybe eating a joint wrapped in brown paper but that's kind of a stretch.

Ha ha. For a kid who doesn't smoke, I sure did see it wrong, I suppose. I guess I just couldn't see why this oh so futuristic guy would be using a wooden toothpick. But I don't know. lol. He does look pretty cool. I have to admit that the things on the side of his glasses/visor thing look like his eyes and it always throws me off. lol.

Sorry for raising hell. :O

Wow. Both of those are bad ass. Ha ha! You've got some skills, Cruelty.

Btw. I just watched Alpha Dog. A movie with Justin Timberlake in it. So right now, I really hate you for letting that douche bag kill the kid, but want to hang out with you at the same time. Just so you know.

..... My mind works in very strange ways.

Mikee":1gwm0l8l said:
Wow. Both of those are bad ass. Ha ha! You've got some skills, Cruelty.

Btw. I just watched Alpha Dog. A movie with Justin Timberlake in it. So right now, I really hate you for letting that douche bag kill the kid, but want to hang out with you at the same time. Just so you know.

..... My mind works in very strange ways.

Maybe the mascot should somehow resemble Justin Timerlake?

I'm all for that. OH! Someone draw a ____ in a box!

If you didn't laugh, then you have serious sheltering issues, or social problems. And you should see a psychiatrist. Or just watch more SNL.

EDIT: Or go to youtube. Type in "SNL Justin Timberlake box".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.