Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword

Ares

Oh man, I just finished it two days ago and I've got to say: I think it is really one of the best zelda games i've ever played! There are a few downsides but nothing too serious. (Fi's remarks like "Master your batteries are nearly depleted", "Master, your health is running low" can be annoying: I can see that!) I found the ending to be somehow disappointing but that's a matter of taste I think. The last boss fight was awesome, but I felt so incredibly dumb when I finally found out how to win the fight...
I found the first trial to be quite nerve wrecking, but then, I suck at scary games :P

I really hadn't noticed there is no minimap; I don't miss it very much. I just check the world map more often. I like the option to change the HUD.

I'm going to play this again once I finish all the sidequests etc. I really love the way it turned out, especially since I was a bit sceptical of the graphical style at first. I'm already looking forward to the next zelda :biggrin:

regi

Sponsor

Ares":14f98rod said:
(Fi's remarks like "Master your batteries are nearly depleted", "Master, your health is running low" can be annoying: I can see that!)
Ah, yes.. the battery reminder is annoying in a lot of Wii games I've played, actually. Apart from these, though, Fi is much more likeable than Navi or Midna IMO.

I just landed in Lanayru and so far the dungeon/gameplay mechanics are fantastic. The second temple was fun, especially the boss fight. And the time mechanism in the third area is gorgeous! It's almost the same gimmick I thought of for my newest game, but prettier :sad: Can't wait to get through all the puzzles here.

Only complaints so far are probably controls; I think I'm getting the hang of swordplay now, but catching bugs is pretty irksome! Whenever I shake too hard or move the Nunchuk even the slightest Link ends up taking out his sword and slicing the bug in half >:|

Curious, since the world map seems just about filled after the 3rd dungeon.. without any spoilers, how many more dungeons can I expect? I'd be sorely disappointed if there aren't at least 3 more follow-up collect-new-plot-item temples to explore!

Ares

There are I think 7 real dungeons? I don't quite remember. The world map will fill up some more I guess, so there's a lot more to enjoy for you. I beat the last boss after around 40-45 hours of playing I think, and there is still quite a lot to do. It didn't at all feel like a short game to me, I think it is maybe around the length of Twilight Princess, but I'm also not sure, as I don't really remember the length of TP.
But I'm sure you won't be sorely disappointed, because you have some awesome dungeons to go yet!

Fusty

Sponsor

So, after taking a break from this game for a while (For some reason I always do this with Zelda games..) I finally got around to finishing it.
I never thought I'd say this but, this was the best Zelda game I have ever played!
Just all around amazing, the only thing that kind of dissapointed me was the final boss fight, I was expecting a bigger challenge.

But it was still awesome!!!!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.