Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

the crybaby hacker

Status
Not open for further replies.
trinity said:
thats why in my poost i asked if soemone could upload the backup files...

why would somebody upload the backups for public use?
some random guy could just come and restore the database to any vbull software out there...

oh and if the hacker is danton, it sucks for him that some of his personal information is in his website (such as city, etc.)

ultramarine said:
why would somebody upload the backups for public use?
some random guy could just come and restore the database to any vbull software out there...

oh and if the hacker is danton, it sucks for him that some of his personal information is in his website (such as city, etc.)
no i meant like backup the forums (like return them 2 normal) (god i suck at wording)

Lemur

My god, this reminds me, i was on kobras realm about a week ago, and this douche was advertising forum hacking software to like 70000 forums(he got flammed and ip banned there, prob the same here) wierd eh? ne ways, i guess thats a heads up to vb and invisionboard to look into security again

Bruth

Lemur said:
My god, this reminds me, i was on kobras realm about a week ago, and this douche was advertising forum hacking software to like 70000 forums(he got flammed and ip banned there, prob the same here) wierd eh? ne ways, i guess thats a heads up to vb and invisionboard to look into security again

Theres always a way around current security. A good cracker will find a way.

Uhh, he could be lying you know, about where he lives and whatnot. Even then, what can we really do? This is why I backed all my things up from this forum, at least the important stuff.

How about an actual topic of what will be done to fix this mishap.

Lemur

Akahi Aomitsu said:
Bruth is right. I was just about to post the same thing. We are dealing with a moderate to advanced cracker, with tools he/she probly made. If this person was a hacker, the worst they would do is take the source of the projects or something, and usually only with permission.

I think the first step is to back up, but if you want to find the Cracker, I suggest checking source for the main links and try to chek as many files as we can. If we can find abnormalities, I can help catch this idiot.

I'm sure alot of us could. One thing this person doesn't realize, is that many, many, many of us are programmers. Most of us have basic to great knowledge of how code works and what it should look like. And most of all, alot of us lost important data because of this. Even if it's restored, it's still a waste of time, effort, and energy. So if we find the source of the virus or whatever it is, than we can stop this jerk.

BTW, if it is a virus, there is a chance it will infect your computers. even if not designed to do so, they can come in and ruin text files and such, maybe even system32 files. So scan your PC's for viruses whenever you get the chance.

no offence, but lets not give this person any ideas, infact, if you can get his IP and localize his server, we could prosecute this son of a n00b, and problem solved

but shit I can't complain. I am obviously not the only one.

Im really not good at this kind of stuff so find the SOB and make him pay.

Lemur

maybe someone should lock this, isnt doing any good to offer suggestions anymore, and its turning into a spamhole

at first i thought all of this was some weird game
i just went into one thread and everybody had the same thing so i thought i should post the same thing too since its a game... (but i didn't post)

but then i realized it was everywhere :(

yes I agree. All this does is not fix things and give room for people like me to say stupid stuff to be shunned upon for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.