Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

the crybaby hacker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but this has to be the most annoying thing I've come across in a forum yet!
There's no point in even really doing anything cause the backup will take care of it. Is there something we can do in the mean time? Will the backup delete anything new we've made since it?

Bruth

Restoring a backup will most likely rebuild the entire forum, depending and how the database is set up. It is possible it will keep new posts.

It most likely will [remove the new posts]. The reason I didn't close this a LONG time ago is because people like Ammom are actually using this topic to find out useful information.

I'm starting to get a bit annoyed with it though, as I've already told people to stop posting irrelevant information, empty threats, and speculations as to who they think did it. Twice, in fact. Don't be surprised if I start deleting posts, maybe even giving warns for going against what I've said now thrice, TREG's said I believe twice and other members have been saying all along.

So people shouldnt start replacing their threads or what? Im talking to legion about it and if the topic is gonna be deleted in the backup process(its fairly new, only a few days old) I'll tell him to wait on it assuming he's not in the topic.

I don't mean to sound like a moron, but what exactly is the "backup" I'm really iliterate with hacking terms and such, and I don't want to have to repeatedly back up my stuff. I tried following the thread back but haven't found any useful information other than stuff I can't understand.

Eddie said:
I don't mean to sound like a moron, but what exactly is the "backup" I'm really iliterate with hacking terms and such, and I don't want to have to repeatedly back up my stuff. I tried following the thread back but haven't found any useful information other than stuff I can't understand.

the hosting service of rmxp.org does daily backups of databases which the forum's data is on.
so there are basically backup files of all the information in this forum

right now, the admins will probably restore this backup so that the forum will return to its former state of whenever the backup was made.

So posts will definately be lost which have been made after the backup

kip

actually its almost the same excep not same table in the mysql db

His injection prog/scprit over writen all the table for post but untouched the rest but what i fear most is that he could see the md5 passwords and could decript it

offtopic: well the good thing is that this topic is starting to die down and people are starting to go about there business which will help a bit

Anonymous

I'm not sure why that's relevent, but Mountain Time (GMT - 7). We are in the midst of contacting site5 for a backup.

Most likely this was just an update * sql call. I very much doubt the admin passwords, or any other password, was compromised, or else we'd be seeing much more damage.

Just a note to everyone, you can retrieve your original posts by checking the edit history. Not really a big deal since they'll be restoring everything here eventually, but if there's something recent you're worried you might lose, you have the chance to go back and save a copy.

*Sorry* if this is offensive,but everytime you say "cracker" I think "white people".Dunno why...
And glad there are backups,and that passwords are safe. :)
Though,could the person who did it be able to do anything to the server computer through the sql?Don't think they did,just sayin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.