Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

the crybaby hacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erk

Our host keeps daily backups. We will restore as soon as possible. In the mean time, please go about regular business, difficult though I know it is.

My theory is a virus. A virus started by a single thread that infected the nearest to it then spread out to the whole of a board then sections and finally the whole forum was infected by this hacker virus that automatically editted all the previous posts that had been made. That's why we can still post here and not have to do out bitching on MSN.

I think this person needs to be somehow disabled or something or else they might attempt to do this again lol! (No seriously, what will prevent them to? I'm kinda worried...)

I don't know crap about viruses, but if that's the case I'd think restoring to a previous backup like Erk said they were trying to do would solve the problem. Hopefully they can find out who did it though, since just restoring won't stop some asshat from doing it again. :\

Aran

This muthafucka is relly pissin me off. No one, and I MEAN NO ONE destroys the work I put into my project topic. That big ol pussy needs to be detinated...

Lapensee it's not you again is it lol! J/k we all remember that April Fools joke that turned out to be more of a prank on you than on us. Unfortunitally this is for real and it's seriously screwey!

You said it apparently was Daton, but everyone else is saying that he didn't seem like the type to do this...

Now if the person, this hacker, was able to do this in the short amount of time he did, couldn't he have also hacked into Daton's computer?

It doesn't have to be recent. He could have thought this out, been flamed some time ago, and did it now.

Or perhaps he said it was Daton in the thoughts you'd believe he wasn't stupid enough to put his name.

Or maybe he just doesn't care and is gonna format his computer or something.

Just some suggestions and thoughts of mine.

@kip, Erk said they back up every night. So either we lose a day or about an hour if they happen to be on GMT+1 time like this forum seems to be.

ya whats with that is there some way to get our posts and stuff back iv got info id kinda like to not be errased:p so if soemone could like add the backup then please do^^

kip

OK but edit a mysql db take while the only that he could have done is prepare the db that would mean loosing some post...

Okay, I understand that you're all pissed; I am too. But please... empty threats aren't really helping much, nor is saying the same thing over and over again. Your speculation as to who it was is of little importance, as we can't punish someone based on the speculation of the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.