Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Quick Feedback Thread

mawk

Sponsor

that sounds pretty cool, actually. I'm not sure if it would see a lot of use, though; there are only a few people here who I know for sure are into tabletop RPGs. maybe an existing subforum could include tabletop RPG discussion instead?

granted, I haven't done an interest check myself -- I'm just batting ideas right now.

I am into WH40k very deeply.

The way I see it do like the Pokemon forum: if it doesn't get say, 500 posts in the first month, the board is dropped and merged with whatever board it suits best.

Trialling new forums is cool because it brings in new activity :D

moog

Sponsor

can we make this into a smiley please

boop.png

Would it be possible to have a newpost search that does not need you to be logged in?

I am trying to make an Excel sheet that automaticly updates to check for new posts. But Excel can't log in. So I am rather fucked.

I believe many Search function capabilities were disabled for guests so bots/etc. wouldn't strain the server.

There was an old bug that involved guests w/o recent cookies bringing up every post ever made in a New Posts search.
I think that in particular has been fixed now but there may be some misc. problem I don't know about.

For your problem specifically, it wouldn't work right. The forums use PHP script to generate post information, and the automatic Excel Web Query function doesn't read anything but source HTML and/or XML with SharePoint formatting.

You'd be better off using a special Firefox Plugin or Opera to retrieve update data on multiple sites in one big table ... But even then you'd need to turn on persistent login.

There's a problem with multiple levels of spoilers. I'm sure someone's noticed it before, but for some reason when I make a spoiler#2 inside of a spoiler#1, spoiler#1 ends at spoiler #2's [/spoiler] tag, and there are still spoiler#34&5 insides of spoiler#1, which end up outside of it.

This is a problem that will probably require alot of work, and really is just a nuisance that makes you reorganize your post, but I thought I'd mention it.

Buttons that work similarly to the Like button on Facebook would be cool. A step above rep, just put a *Like* button underneath each post and have a click-counter next to it. I think it would be easy, but that's up to you guys.

I thought shat might be nice is allowing thread creators to choose a "best reply" and highlighting it, in the support and request forums.

Yeah, kinda like Yahoo Answers. Only better because it's on HBGames. You could maybe make the border thicker and green on the best reply.
It's also fun to get some recognition for a funny post you made on PWOYM, but that's useless

Regarding the tabletop forum, we could expand the existing RP forum to include tabletop games and maybe shuffle it under OE or something. I love tabletop games and play them all the time, so I would totally be behind such a thing.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.