Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Particle Effect Lab & Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7959 ... lesyz6.jpg[/img]

Since someone revived my Old topic and it seems that these effects are indeed popular I'm going to open a Lab where I can throw up Creations from time to time, and also I will be taking requests. If you have a request give me a good formal submission. I'm setting the limit of 4 effects per requested batch and I'll only be working on them a few at a time I'll Keep it posted weather requests are open or not, please do not request when I'm closed for business :p

Update:
  • I added to the request form "flashiness" To let me know how powerful / wild an animation should look
  • If anyone has a non-megaupload site they'd rather have me use, please specify.
  • I think I'm going to take on no more then 6 requests at a time so when I fill up I'll lock up Requests. If you submit a request when they are closed, you MAY be ignored depending on how I feel. I'm a moody person unfortunately.
  • New Rule: If you want a summon or anything that's extremely elaborate, That's going to count as requesting 2 animations, as they are notably more difficult to do properly. You must also supply an image of the summoned character.
  • I've been forgiving on this so far, but please include the brackets on the format when you make a request.
  • Another thing that should be Noted: I do not draw these out frame by frame, They are a series of particle emitters that I program and arrange to create effects, there are certain effectsthat are difficult to achieve, such as things moving in 3d or simulated 3d space (wings folding for an example), things that transform into other objects etc. Though i Will try my hardest to simulate these effects, know that they may not be what you're expecting.
  • June 05 2007: I have a payed commission at this time so it is taking priority. I will still try to work on some of these requests but they are on my back burner. My apologies. If -anyone- has a problem with this, or decides they want to bug me about their animation, your current request and all future requests will be ignored. My apologies for being so severe.

Example
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3162/lightning2megavoltni8.png[/img]

Requests Are Open

Request Format:

[My Forum name - Animation request: Number (up to 4 for now)]

[Public(I'll release them in this thread for all to use)/Private(I will send them to you in email or PM)]

[Skill Name]
[Skill Element(magic, physical, etc)]
[Flashiness(1-10)]
[Brief Description of it's effect and visual ideation]

[Skill Name]
[Flashiness(1-10)]

[Skill Name]
[Flashiness(1-10)]

etc

Any requests not specified to be private, I will assume are public and will be released in this thread. If you do not follow the above format, your request will be ignored. My apologies for that but I don't feel like discerning what you want based on my own intuitions.

First come First serve. Unless you want to pay me in which case, Money first serve, first come second serve. But I'm not asking for payment.

I will Also throw up on this thread anything I do in my free time that I feel like making a public resource.

Work Load

commissions by:

Diegoale2000 (payment)

shadowfox (complete May 30 2007)
EmuMaster2002 (Complete May 30 2007)
DerVVulfman (complete May 31 2007)
Jabwewocky (complete May 31 2007)
mimi chan (completed June 01 2007)
amos (completed June 01 2007)
Alexia (completed June 02 2007)
crispychaney (completed June 02 2007
Vanilla!!! (completed June 02 2007)
Geox-2.0

Personal Free Time:

Effects for my game
Sonic the Hedgehog styled energy shields.

Released
Shadowfox your animations are ready: ShadowFox

EmuMaster2002 your animations are good to go:
Emu's Are Mean Birds

DerVVolfman your request has been filled:
A-wooo

Jabberwocky, 'twas Brilig and your animations were done.
Vorpal Blade goes Snicker Snack

Mimi chan you're elemental lord was a pain in the ass but here it is, along with the other 2:
Over Powered Effects Initialize!!

Amos36, Take a pill and grab your animations Hyper kid.
Rapid Share just for you.

Alexia, here you go
Vampire

Crispy Chaney, Your bloody slashes are a little weird but i think they'll be ok.
Violence

Just found this thread....
:p ^^ Awesome work!
What software do you use to make those animations?

EDIT :p I used the search function and find my happiness:p^^ don't need to answer.

Vanilla Your files are uploading and will be PMed to you shortly. I'm worried about the wing effect and I may redo it later if I can find a better particle for it but as stands it will have to do.

OS

Sponsor

OptimistShadow - Animation request: 2

[Both Public]

[Air Gate]
[Skill Element: magical]
[Flashiness(10)]
[I would like it to be a swirl of blue, green, and white pixels. They should rotate clockwise, in a wide circle, inwards into a solid disc, which then becomes a hexagram, and fades away.]

[Earth Gate]
[Skill Element: magical]
[Flashiness(10)]
[This should be the same as the Air Gate, except tilted to appear like it is flat on the ground, if you understand what I mean]

I would highly appreciate these. Thanks in advance if you do them. Peace out.

CERU

I'll be sure to come back here with details for any animations I need as special effects for an upcoming game.

Are you willing to use particle effects to create a charaset? (fire, modification of charaset with fire around it)

[Ellescene- Animation request: 2]

[Public]

[Bow]
[Skill Element (Physical)]
[Flashiness (1)]
[A replacement for the RTP bow animation because I never really liked it. If you can make it look like an arrow (or something that looks like it) is coming straight at the enemy before they're hit, that'd be great, but the hit itself is totally acceptable if that's too hard to do]

[Divine Light]
[Skill Element (Magic)]
[Flashiness(6-7)]
[An edit of your first Divine Light animation, I'd like the light to grow gradually once and explode into petals (something like from frame 70 and onward)]

Thank you so much. ^^

[DerVVulfman - Animation request: 4]

[Public]
For use with Battle Animation 'Flip' Control.
We're sadly lacking in sideview battle animations.

[Arrow]
[No element (Physical)]
*Sideview animation / Target Effect*
A simple sideways replacement for the arrow battle animation, except that the arrow doesn't change in size but moves from the user to the target and ... OUCH! The arrow could 'arc' a little, and as the animation may be a little easier to handle... mebby a few arrow combinations could be kept on the same sheet... a few different arrowheads and/or different shaft and feather colors. Should be comparatively easy.

[A rock]
[Um.. earth? (physical)]
Whether called from a sling, slingshot or just thrown at the target, this lump is thrown at the target... horizontally... and hits 'em. Maybe a tumbling effect or a nice spiral, but a simple horizontal rock throw. For fun, maybe it'll bounce off his forehead or something. ;)

[Bullet]
[No element (physical)]
A simple horizontal trailing bullet effect that streak to the victim. A simple single semi-opaque streak effect.

[Bullet time]
[No element (physical)]
Similar to the above, effect, this resembles the corkscrew effect known in the 'MATRIX' as a bullet-time swirl.

AGAIN: Sideview so the above effects will be horizontal, not vertical

Thanks. :D

AndyJP

CERU;218975 said:
I'll be sure to come back here with details for any animations I need as special effects for an upcoming game.

Are you willing to use particle effects to create a charaset? (fire, modification of charaset with fire around it)

That's an awesome idea, but it might not work as well on a standard charaset. It would prob look best if it was an animation that had an accompanying script to make it always on the character, maybe? I like that idea :thumb:

CERU

AndyJP;219021 said:
That's an awesome idea, but it might not work as well on a standard charaset. It would prob look best if it was an animation that had an accompanying script to make it always on the character, maybe? I like that idea :thumb:

Hmm maybe. o.o;

Actually a series of pictures would work fine without any scripts.

Wow ya'll don't take long to jump on this do you o___o

ok a couple things..

The arrows and bullets I'm gonna have to create my own particle and honestly I can't say it'll look better then something simple <.<

I'll see what I can do but there's limitations.

Can I request again?

[Mimi-Chan - Animation Request: 4]

[Grand Cross]
[Holy Element]
This is for a side view battle system so the cross should look like it appeared on the ground. First a magic circle will focus on the feet of the enemy (from big it gets smaller and rotating in the process, it will fade just before the cross appear) Then the cross will appear (the way the cross appears is like the cross' outline is drawn from the ground) and releases ray (kinda like excorcism) refer to this pic for more info:
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2306/screensarah0932et.jpg[/IMG]

[Sky Chaser]
[Holy Element]
Same with Grand Cross (The magic circle effect, but from smaller to larger and it wont disappear) Two pillars of light will circle the already circling magic circle (They meet each other on both ends) After the circling pillar encircled the magic circle twice a huge laser will blast from the center. Kinda hard to explain, refer to this pic:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/Teh-Mimi/SkyChaser.png[/IMG]
If you want to see a video of it in action refer to this:

I dont know if that two is considered as double request (due to flashiness) if no, can you make this two too?

[Fire Tornado]
[Fire]
Same with tornado except its made with fire.

[Lord of Vermillion]
[Electric]
Same like Megavolt except, a bit less of the ground cracking (but with the explosion still) The only difference is the lighting comes from above and their are many of them (rapid megabolt in different places across the screen)

All are public, with insane flashiness of 10

Thanks. (Sorry for giving you a hard time with the Elemental Lord)

And for those people who needs help with the SE/Flash timing from your animations I can prolly help you (I have like 3,000 different sound effects)

I checked out some of your animations in your other topic and they were awesome, so I also wanted to try this and I downloaded Particle Illusion.
Although I don't have any idea how to make my own particles with it ^_^
They say the program is very newbie friendly, but even tho I'm usually a fast learner, I haven't figured much out in a couple of days.
So here I am... requesting :p
Perhaps you could teach me how to work with Particle Illusion sometime, please? I mean the basics, how do you start making a particle, how do you edit its behavior etc...

Anyways - requests:

[zealex - animation request: 3]
[Public]

[Thunder-Rage]
[Magic / Electric]
[Flashiness - 8]
[A giant strike of green lightning comes down from the sky and when it hits the ground, it bounces off to different directions.]

[Wrath Stab]
[Physical / Sword]
[Flashiness - 8]
[A sword that stabs the enemy and Light rays appear from the edge of the sword (when stabbing)]

[Toxic Rifle]
[Physical]
[Flashiness - 6]
[A green laser ray which causes a sorta electric explosion thingy when hitting the enemy. (Sorry, I couldn't explain it any better ^_^ If you need more information, please PM me.]

I would like my resources uploaded in http://www.rapidshare.com please.
I really appreciate it. Thanks in advance! :#

hetsoi

Mascarpone;217939 said:
You'll have to supply me with a Dragon and a Cerberus. I cannot fill this request until I have them, and even so it may be difficult.

Edit:

Mimi Chan I'm Uploading your effects now. Just so you know, that Elemental Lord Spell took significantly longer to animate then the rest of these i've done so far, However it's very ornate so if your computer is slower, you will probably get lag while it loads the animation. It's huge at 200 frames and allot of detail. Don't make me do anything like that again soon XD it was evil :p

The other 2 weren't bad. And i think they turned out pretty well.
ok here are the dragon and cerberous you asked for

Il try this out then :) i need some animations for a "elemental swordsman" ;)

[Lazarus - Animation request: 3]

[Public]

[Lightning blade]
[Thunder(magic)]
[Flashiness (5~6)]

[The animation should not be to big as it is going to target 1 enemy at a time.
Starts with a crack in the ground maybe? under the enemy and after that a sword bursts out of crack hitting the target from beneath :D

The sword should have a "thunder" touch to it so the player can see what element it is :) ]

[Fire blade]
[Fire(magic)]
[Flashiness (5~6)]

[ Same as the lightning blade, only change it to "fire" element etc 8-) ]

[Ice Blade]
[Ice(magic)]
[Flashiness (5~6)]

[ Same as the lightning blade, only change it to "Ice" element etc 8-) ]

Later il maybe request again as i need these in Dark/Holy versions too :) but these will do at the moment.

Cheers!

hetsoi;220073 said:

what the crap? Bump? don't do that again. :-/ I'll get to you when I can but if you're going to patronize me then no, I won't help you.

everyone: Please don't feel bad, but My life comes first and I've had some things to deal with so Just wait patiently and I'll get your stuff out.

Sorry For me being hyper and for being slow for responding... I was on an important trip... Anyhoo... I am trying to get it to work but it is very slow for some reason... Yesh? I'll try again tonight... Thanks again... You're such a legend... You know that? *Gives Mascarpone an award for being so amazing...*

Amos36

EDIT- For some reason it's being quick now??? I dunno... But it is amazing!!! Soooo... *Just drools* How on earth do you do this kind of stuff? You're definately being credited in my game 100%... Only one Question left now... What name would you like me to credit? Mascarpone? Or your RL name... If you want me to use your RL name but not want others to know... Then PM me it...

Yet again... I am babbling but...

MASCARPONE = LEGEND!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.