Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Particle Effect Lab & Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7959 ... lesyz6.jpg[/img]

Since someone revived my Old topic and it seems that these effects are indeed popular I'm going to open a Lab where I can throw up Creations from time to time, and also I will be taking requests. If you have a request give me a good formal submission. I'm setting the limit of 4 effects per requested batch and I'll only be working on them a few at a time I'll Keep it posted weather requests are open or not, please do not request when I'm closed for business :p

Update:
  • I added to the request form "flashiness" To let me know how powerful / wild an animation should look
  • If anyone has a non-megaupload site they'd rather have me use, please specify.
  • I think I'm going to take on no more then 6 requests at a time so when I fill up I'll lock up Requests. If you submit a request when they are closed, you MAY be ignored depending on how I feel. I'm a moody person unfortunately.
  • New Rule: If you want a summon or anything that's extremely elaborate, That's going to count as requesting 2 animations, as they are notably more difficult to do properly. You must also supply an image of the summoned character.
  • I've been forgiving on this so far, but please include the brackets on the format when you make a request.
  • Another thing that should be Noted: I do not draw these out frame by frame, They are a series of particle emitters that I program and arrange to create effects, there are certain effectsthat are difficult to achieve, such as things moving in 3d or simulated 3d space (wings folding for an example), things that transform into other objects etc. Though i Will try my hardest to simulate these effects, know that they may not be what you're expecting.
  • June 05 2007: I have a payed commission at this time so it is taking priority. I will still try to work on some of these requests but they are on my back burner. My apologies. If -anyone- has a problem with this, or decides they want to bug me about their animation, your current request and all future requests will be ignored. My apologies for being so severe.

Example
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3162/lightning2megavoltni8.png[/img]

Requests Are Open

Request Format:

[My Forum name - Animation request: Number (up to 4 for now)]

[Public(I'll release them in this thread for all to use)/Private(I will send them to you in email or PM)]

[Skill Name]
[Skill Element(magic, physical, etc)]
[Flashiness(1-10)]
[Brief Description of it's effect and visual ideation]

[Skill Name]
[Flashiness(1-10)]

[Skill Name]
[Flashiness(1-10)]

etc

Any requests not specified to be private, I will assume are public and will be released in this thread. If you do not follow the above format, your request will be ignored. My apologies for that but I don't feel like discerning what you want based on my own intuitions.

First come First serve. Unless you want to pay me in which case, Money first serve, first come second serve. But I'm not asking for payment.

I will Also throw up on this thread anything I do in my free time that I feel like making a public resource.

Work Load

commissions by:

Diegoale2000 (payment)

shadowfox (complete May 30 2007)
EmuMaster2002 (Complete May 30 2007)
DerVVulfman (complete May 31 2007)
Jabwewocky (complete May 31 2007)
mimi chan (completed June 01 2007)
amos (completed June 01 2007)
Alexia (completed June 02 2007)
crispychaney (completed June 02 2007
Vanilla!!! (completed June 02 2007)
Geox-2.0

Personal Free Time:

Effects for my game
Sonic the Hedgehog styled energy shields.

Released
Shadowfox your animations are ready: ShadowFox

EmuMaster2002 your animations are good to go:
Emu's Are Mean Birds

DerVVolfman your request has been filled:
A-wooo

Jabberwocky, 'twas Brilig and your animations were done.
Vorpal Blade goes Snicker Snack

Mimi chan you're elemental lord was a pain in the ass but here it is, along with the other 2:
Over Powered Effects Initialize!!

Amos36, Take a pill and grab your animations Hyper kid.
Rapid Share just for you.

Alexia, here you go
Vampire

Crispy Chaney, Your bloody slashes are a little weird but i think they'll be ok.
Violence

So what say you Mascarpone? Is MY formatting good enough for you?

EDIT- Hey! You're online! Just like a chat site!

Double Edit: Cool! Hello!

Triple Edit: *Jumps up and down on a trampoline like a twelve year old to get attention!*

Yay! I'm accepted!!! (Is only twelve... Please forgive my immiturity...)

[crispy chaney][public request]

[modified slash]
[non-elemental]
[6]
possibly a series of slashes with blood spray/ splatter :) if you can manage it have just different shaped blood sprays in accordance to direction possibly :)
if ya not sure what i mean just pm me :)
thanks in advance :)

Vanilla!!! - Animation request : 3

[first two:Public,third one:Private]
[These are all supposed to be side-view.Sorry.]

[EMP(Electro-magnetic pulse,for those who don't know :D)]
[Technological]
[Flashiness :4,I guess?]
[I'm not going for realism,so it could be like a huge blue turbulent electricity sphere that expands from the user,kind of "tinting" the whole screen,then dissipates(the dissipation would be kind of like sparks flying around)]

[Hell Roar]
[Magical]
[Flashiness:10(YEEEEEEAAAAAHH!!!!)
[Flame pillars appear from the ground,moving around and releasing small flames throughout the battlefield,then a main pillar appears in the center and starts expanding until it takes about 2/3 of the screen,while light pillars spread throughout the screen,then the flames engulf everything.]

[Ignis Daemonion]
[Magical]
[Flashiness]
[A pair of light wings appears on the character's back(Think of Rinoa from FF8)
then closes on the character himself,then turning into white flames that dissipate in a spiral pattern]

Well,that's it.Hope you have the time.Thanks in advance.

[GeoX - Animation request: 3]

[Public]

[Scan/Target]
[Skill Element(etc)]
[Flashiness(5)]
[side-view]
[(it seems short) all i want this to do is send two blue half-circles to the enemy and lock-on and turn red, then I want it to make a digital data-like sphere around the enemy]

[mini bomber]
[Skill Element(magic)]
[Side-view]
[Flashiness(8)]
[I want this one to just to shoot a small light-ish blue (kamehameha) like blast at the enemy.]

[Gigant Blast]
[Skill Element(magic)]
[side-view]
[Flashiness(10)]
[I want this one to make a small ball like implode to a giant ball, then shoot a Giant yellow (super kamehameha) like blast at the enemy.]

[energy barrier]
[Skill Element(energy)]
[Flashiness(5)]
[side-view]
[this one all I need is a loopable barrier to fit around a battle(animated not normal)]

if its too much then tell me or just not make the third then, thank you

Wolf, You're package has arrived.

Jabber, yours too. I didn't make them loop (thats allot harder then you'd think it is) but I simplified the effects a bit so that should cut down on the lag time. let me know how they work for you.

hetsoi

Animation request for hetsoi

Summon monster
Some for of cool dragon
Magic skill
Max power
as intricate as possible if you pleas ty

Same as last only diff animation and a ceberus instead
less power than the dragon

also same as last with diff animation and some ice humonoid instead
less power than the ceberous

yet again but with a thunder oor dark animation and a horse of some sort ty
less power than the ice

P.s sorry for the bad reffrence

Hetsoi

hetsoi;217928 said:
Animation request for hetsoi

Summon monster
Some for of cool dragon
Magic skill
Max power
as intricate as possible if you pleas ty

Same as last only diff animation and a ceberus instead
less power than the dragon

also same as last with diff animation and some ice humonoid instead
less power than the ceberous

yet again but with a thunder oor dark animation and a horse of some sort ty
less power than the ice

P.s sorry for the bad reffrence

Hetsoi

You'll have to supply me with a Dragon and a Cerberus. I cannot fill this request until I have them, and even so it may be difficult.

Edit:

Mimi Chan I'm Uploading your effects now. Just so you know, that Elemental Lord Spell took significantly longer to animate then the rest of these i've done so far, However it's very ornate so if your computer is slower, you will probably get lag while it loads the animation. It's huge at 200 frames and allot of detail. Don't make me do anything like that again soon XD it was evil :p

The other 2 weren't bad. And i think they turned out pretty well.

I'm glad you like them Wolf.

@allot of people: Requests are on hold until I finish up the current work load so please don't post too many requests until I've got the green "requests open" flagged on the 1st post. It just saves me allot of clutter.

Amos36":1gh0aj7u said:
So what say you Mascarpone? Is MY formatting good enough for you?

EDIT- Hey! You're online! Just like a chat site!

Double Edit: Cool! Hello!

Triple Edit: *Jumps up and down on a trampoline like a twelve year old to get attention!*

Yay! I'm accepted!!! (Is only twelve... Please forgive my immiturity...)

It's not about Good enough for me. I'm doing people a favor and all I'm asking in return is that they make their requests easy for me to read understand. The Format Template just makes it easy for me to know exactly what I'm looking at. It's not much to ask in return I think.

I cannot believe how amazingly cool you are mascarpone... And because Mascarpone = LEGEND ... You can have free copy of my game + my biggest thanks and name in credits!!! Thankyou again and again for this thread...

I don't mind how long it takes... Even months... I am requesting in advance... So if anyones requests are more urgent than mine then could LEGEND here do them first, cos' it is a big skill in my game. And thus he won't gain it half way through the game, he'll get it nearer the end. Tis' a skill for Ragnarok... Second most powerful weapon to Typhin, the main char in my game. And I use Blizzard's Soul Rage script... So that is why I need it to be flashy!

Yeah, I tried cutting out some frames on the other ones, it is hard XD
Also tried dling the particle program, it's quite time consuming s:

They look great, but it seems the lag is ... built into the script itself or something x| It always lags for about 5~ seconds when reviving someone, idk why X|

Anyways, thanks for the animations ^_^ they don't get cut off at all :D it's perfect ^_^

Amos36;218062 said:
I cannot believe how amazingly cool you are mascarpone... And because Mascarpone = LEGEND ... You can have free copy of my game + my biggest thanks and name in credits!!! Thankyou again and again for this thread...

I don't mind how long it takes... Even months... I am requesting in advance... So if anyones requests are more urgent than mine then could LEGEND here do them first, cos' it is a big skill in my game. And thus he won't gain it half way through the game, he'll get it nearer the end. Tis' a skill for Ragnarok... Second most powerful weapon to Typhin, the main char in my game. And I use Blizzard's Soul Rage script... So that is why I need it to be flashy!

Don't brown nose kid it's unnecessary :thumb:

Your animation has been uploaded. See the 1st post @ the bottom for your link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.