Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Hi guys, I'm Mortimer Cool!

Haki

Mortimer Cool":3diarr26 said:
The phone number is American and registered to an RMXP.org administrator! He forwards my calls and messages.
Why didn't you say so earlier? I thought the phone number was from the country where you are.

I'm screwed then... I'd know how to find a landline number from the country in question with the numbers provided but I'm clueless how to position them into American numbers.  Thats landline phones or mobile phones.

EDIT: I think I've got the hang of American mobile numbers now, they are pretty different than here.

Anski

Sponsor

sixtyandaquarter":1ybailm7 said:
You haven't won until you call in and get told you won.

And yeah, honestly EVERY thing you need to know is out there.  Shit even I got it without cheating.

I figured it out today, I haven't even been following along, man.

Anski

Sponsor

Well Kiddos, this is how it's done.

I started by noticing Mortimers signature was split into two parts. It was divided between an "i" in "field."

It lead me to this, which was a strand of binary code.

Using this decoder the message told me to Google Beta-Bud, which led to this site, revealing Mortimer's last address. He said that he lived above a carpenter, so I made sure to say second floor when I called in.

I knew from then where he lived, and so I went back to click on his recent posts in his profile, and he had randomly posted a scrambled version of his phone number across the forum. Putting it back together like an easily labeled puzzle, I tried calling in at that point, only to have the automated message saying they couldn't complete my call. I went back to this topic and searched around until I came upon this picture:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4303/areacodeis412od4.jpg[/img]

Well, taking a look I wanted to see if he had left his imageshack open with an extra clue inside, but the label of the photo itself says the area code, and that was all I needed to finish the phone number and call in, daddy-o.

Shoulda made it a little harder, ya-dig?

The-Revolution":3so5899y said:
Well Kiddos, this is how it's done.

I started by noticing Mortimers signature was split into two parts. It was divided between an "i" in "field."

It lead me to this, which was a strand of binary code.

Using this decoder the message told me to Google Beta-Bud, which led to this site, revealing Mortimer's last address. He said that he lived above a carpenter, so I made sure to say second floor when I called in.

I knew from then where he lived, and so I went back to click on his recent posts in his profile, and he had randomly posted a scrambled version of his phone number across the forum. Putting it back together like an easily labeled puzzle, I tried calling in at that point, only to have the automated message saying they couldn't complete my call. I went back to this topic and searched around until I came upon this picture:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4303/areacodeis412od4.jpg[/img]

Well, taking a look I wanted to see if he had left his imageshack open with an extra clue inside, but the label of the photo itself says the area code, and that was all I needed to finish the phone number and call in, daddy-o.

Shoulda made it a little harder, ya-dig?

D: damn, it was that easy?
I noticed the signature in 2 parts as well, but I didn't notice the I was not a part of both :(

moog

Sponsor

Haha, thats pretty cool. I would have attempted this contest but so many people were fagging it up it ruined the fun for me =(

Haki

meltaman":b6derxvn said:
It was pretty easy mostly because Mortimer didn't have a lot of time and underestimated the ability of the participants to find all the riddles. I mean even this easily only two found it!

I can float the idea of a CHALLENGE ROUND with the top two and one other lucky contender, if you guys would be interested, but it would mean both of you who did win might lose your subscription. Probably not going to happen but an interesting possibility, right?

I don't quite get what you say. You mean something like a final?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.