Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

GW's $300 contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you sell the game you're breaking the rules. I do state all games must be free. Furthermore it's illegal to sell a game that infringes upon copyright laws. You can't just say 'this is parody' to get away with it. I'm not the police, that's something to ask them. In terms of my competition the entries can be as illegal as they like, as long as they are free and non-commercial.

In regards to stealing other people's content without permission..that's something you'll have to take up with the people you're stealing from. It's nothing to do with me.

Pokemaniac":37v083ba said:
I know there's no minimum time, but what do you realistically want? 10 Mins+? 20? Or do you want as many 5 min games as you can get?

Oh, and are we allowed to have project threads for these games?

Sorry, think ya missed this. =/

~Pokemaniac

Sarevok":2yfw6gg1 said:
If you sell the game you're breaking the rules. I do state all games must be free. Furthermore it's illegal to sell a game that infringes upon copyright laws. You can't just say 'this is parody' to get away with it. I'm not the police, that's something to ask them. In terms of my competition the entries can be as illegal as they like, as long as they are free and non-commercial.

In regards to stealing other people's content without permission..that's something you'll have to take up with the people you're stealing from. It's nothing to do with me.

Hmhm. I'm not planning on selling anything, though. :)

Final last question lol: How many years and older can the game be? I'm guessing just anything is acceptable, but since you say that everyone should be able to play it I was wondering how far I could go in terms of gore/nudity/swearing (full images, not small sprites).

Thanks again!

Yeah, I'm generally not answering questions that I've already answered in the rules 8)

I have no age preference at all, and neither does GW. If it's 18+ make sure you state so when you post the game.

I'm a little curious as to whether anyone has an RTP style panda available. Heh.... I've been banging my head against photoshop these past few days with very little success.

omcifer:
I have a question. Let's say that someone, a while ago, created a system. This system was planned for the use of the public, so would it be valid to use it in the contest? It's basically an ABS system in rm2k3.

sarevok:
I'm going to say no. That's a large part of the game making process..making the maps etc is piss easy in rm2k3, it's just the custom content that takes time ultimately.

is this guy serious? are we supposed to script a battle system in 2 weeks?
and a menu system, and all the graphics. and panda. o.o
It'll have to be an awesome game to win with the default rmxp battle, and mainly RTP graphics.
anyway, good luck to anyone entering this.

I think a lot of you guys are really limiting your thinking. "Oh it's impossible to make an RPG in two weeks with all these features."

Hell, then don't make an RPG.

a) I could do an hour long rpg in a weekend with decent custom features (not graphics)
b) Yes, I'm serious.
c) I said I don't want 'mainly rtp' games.

Kraft

Sponsor

Sarevok":2gzx67rk said:
c) I said I don't want 'mainly rtp' games.

Uh oh...  Well, I am adding enough stuff into it, hopefully it wont look too RTP...  And if it is, well, too bad for me ^_^  There just isnt very many new tilesets and such for RMVX (which is what I am using) and I tried to fit as many things into the E tileset that look different in it.  Hopefully the storyline will be good too ^_^

One question though...  It says in the rules that you have to be the bad guys (that is ok with me) but it also says the protagonist of your group has to be largley overwhelming numbers.  Is that correct?  So basically the Good guys have a ton of them and you "bad guys" have few numbers?

That is also ok with me, I am just clairifying ^_^

Thanks for this contest by the way ^_^

~Kraft

danaofthebells":14ewv8dq said:
I'm a little curious as to whether anyone has an RTP style panda available. Heh.... I've been banging my head against photoshop these past few days with very little success.
Look up ^.  I've posted a panda sprite for anyone to use.

~Guardian1239

Hey, I'm almost positive that this has already been answered, but I just got done eleven and a half hours of work and I am very sleepy and 'lazy'. I'm in, but I'm wondering if we can use XP for this. I would figure we could, but I only seen post's about VX. I've only scanned though...
-Polidoro

The only problem with XP is that you'd have to download the RTP data and put it in the game folder.  With VX, you can just check a box to include it.  Also, VX is newer, so people tend to prefer it over XP.  You can use XP if you want, though.

~Guardian1239

Kraft

Sponsor

Guardian, yes, I realized you posted that ^_^ (it is right under my post ^_^)
Thanks for it, I will be using it ^_^

~Kraft

Thanks buddy,
just signed up over at GW so now the writing process begins. Good luck to everyone.
Anyone know how many contestants we got so far? Or is that, "classified" ;)
-Polidoro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.