Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Ended] RMXP.org Tried Democracy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When someone say:

Moderator: Missingno

and leave the rest empty I asume that they "automatecly" put their votes on the current staff o_o

Sonata":kwurh3lv said:
That's a good point. It just seems like some people are voting for certain members just to score "brownie points" and are kind of oblivious to the entire process.
I think some people might see this democracy as a joke and just vote for some random members...

In the end I think only 3 or 4 members here dont like the staff we already got o_o

But... What the hell do I know??

Well that's not "automatically" putting their vote for the current staff.
Since Missingno is not a moderator, hence your changing staff, hence it's not the current staff structure - and in the end your vote isn't for current staff, it's for Missingno to be a moderator, wherever that would be.

Remain the way it is,

Also this is kind of silly, this isn't a government, if the people who are moderaters/leaders already have experiance (well most of them anyways) and have earned their spot.

I vote to keep everything the way it is.

Actually, etheon, we've been listening to the "stay the same" votes.  In total, I've counted that we've had 8 people state that they don't want to vote for anyone because they think the staff is perfect the way it is.  Also, everyone is voting for the same staff, anyway, and it's becoming very clear that there weren't going to be any major changes had we decided to continue with this.

So, I'm ending this.  We've tried it, and it appears that most people are happy with the current staff.  To sum up, we're stopping this because:
  • A lot of people want the staff to stay the way it is.
  • The votes are getting more and more vague, which means they aren't as serious as they should be.
  • Everyone is voting for the current staff, anyway.

Now, we've tried democracy.  No one can say we haven't given our members a chance to voice their opinions because we've done that on a massive scale.  I'll keep this thread open so everyone can discuss this decision.

serrated_colon":2k1y7tn1 said:
my chances...RUINED
do i have to be active outside of irc now to continue my quest for INTERNET OVERLORD
Probably things like this are why the entire thing was viewed as a joke.  If you have nothing useful to add, why post?

Alexander Morou":10navopg said:
serrated_colon":10navopg said:
my chances...RUINED
do i have to be active outside of irc now to continue my quest for INTERNET OVERLORD
Probably things like this are why the entire thing was viewed as a joke.  If you have nothing useful to add, why post?
do you understand humour at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.