Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Ended] RMXP.org Tried Democracy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Guardian":2c4v8rwb said:
Actually, etheon, we've been listening to the "stay the same" votes.  In total, I've counted that we've had 8 people state that they don't want to vote for anyone because they think the staff is perfect the way it is.  Also, everyone is voting for the same staff, anyway, and it's becoming very clear that there weren't going to be any major changes had we decided to continue with this.

So, I'm ending this.  We've tried it, and it appears that most people are happy with the current staff.  To sum up, we're stopping this because:
  • A lot of people want the staff to stay the way it is.
  • The votes are getting more and more vague, which means they aren't as serious as they should be.
  • Everyone is voting for the current staff, anyway.

Now, we've tried democracy.  No one can say we haven't given our members a chance to voice their opinions because we've done that on a massive scale.  I'll keep this thread open so everyone can discuss this decision.

RMXP.org Tries Democracy!

We've received some criticism lately that the environment here isn't ideal.  Many people aren't happy with the current system of hiring and keeping moderators and administrators because they feel that they're abusing their position.  In a few discussions, the idea of a democratic forum was brought up and quickly shot down by both staff and members.  Now, as an experiment, we've decided to try democracy.  Do you think everyone will be happier with their staff if they're the ones who choose them?  We're skeptical.  After all, about 80% of America thinks President Bush was a mistake made twice.

So, the current staff is willing to step down for two weeks to try this experiment.  This will be a three-week long process – one week for voting and two weeks with the new staff.  You may vote for anyone, including the current staff if you feel they should stay in the staff.  You can vote for one person for each position, although you don't have to nominate a person for each position if you don't want to.  We'll be looking for the following:
  • 2 Administrators
  • 3 Global Moderators
  • Up to 17 Moderators (1 for each forum, but the same person can moderate more than 1 forum)

You may have noticed that we've excluded the Support group.  That's because we've decided to eliminate the group.  There weren't enough people in the group to make it worthwhile, and we didn't feel that adding to the group just for the sake of adding to it was a good idea.  Anyone who was in the Support group will be given a sponsorship for their services or upgraded to Moderator.

You can vote for someone either by posting in this thread or by using the Report to Moderator button on the next post, but there are some rules we've set in place to prevent any trickery.
  • You can't vote for yourself.
  • You can only vote for one person for each position.
  • To vote for someone, you must have at least 50 posts and you must have been registered before August 15, 2008.
  • The person you're voting for must also have 50 posts, must have been registered before August 15, 2008, and must also have been active in the last 3 days.
  • Your nomination must follow the guideline in the next post.

If your vote doesn't follow these guidelines, it will be rejected.  Please, think about this for a day or two before voting.  We'll be accepting votes for a week, so there's no reason to rush.  The staff you'll be voting for will be an actual staff for two week, and, depending on how things go, they may become permanent staff members.

All times are in Eastern time and all dates are in 2008.
7:00 p.m. Friday, September 19 – 7:00 p.m. Friday, September 26: Voting
7:00 p.m. Friday, September 26 – 7:00 p.m. Sunday, September 28: Votes are tallied
7:00 p.m. Sunday, September 28: New staff will be sworn in, current staff will step down unless re-elected
7:00 p.m. Sunday, September 28 – 7:00 p.m. Sunday, October 12: New staff in control
7:00 p.m. Sunday, October 12: Plans will be made to integrate the new staff with the old if things go well

The guideline for voting is as follows.
Code:
Removed
If you don't want to vote for a certain position, erase that position from the guideline when you send it, but please send all your votes at once.  Just copy the guideline and post your votes or hit the Report to Moderator button to submit them.  If you're using the Report to Moderator button, you should have Fusion Aqua as your forum skin.  To check or change to the skin, go into User Panel, then Look and Layout Preferences, and check your current theme.  If it's not Forum or Board Default or Fusion Aqua, click (Change) and choose one of them to change the skin.

e

Sponsor

ADMINISTRATOR: The Great Terror
ADMINISTRATOR: shadow
GLOBAL MODERATOR: zeriab
GLOBAL MODERATOR: sixty
GLOBAL MODERATOR: miek
MODERATOR (Project Discussion): Luminier
MODERATOR (RM Discussion): The Great Terror
MODERATOR (General Support): Brewmeister
MODERATOR (RGSS Support): Zeriab
MODERATOR (Resources): Zeriab
MODERATOR (Scripts): Seph
MODERATOR (Symposium): sixty
MODERATOR (NFG): missingno (unless he shaves)
MODERATOR (Video Games): Venetia
MODERATOR (Other Entertainment): Venetia
MODERATOR (Computer Hardware): Wyatt
MODERATOR (Writing): Guardian1239 (whats up with the numbers man...)
MODERATOR (Art): Venetia
MODERATOR (Music): Reives
MODERATOR (Games and Apps): alexander moriou (not sure this is the exact name...)
MODERATOR (Web Design): nphyx

Spoo

Sponsor

ADMINISTRATOR: Venetia
GLOBAL MODERATOR: Atemu
GLOBAL MODERATOR: Wyatt
GLOBAL MODERATOR: Guardian 1239

ADMINISTRATOR: Asch
GLOBAL MODERATOR: SephirothSpawn
GLOBAL MODERATOR: sixty
GLOBAL MODERATOR: Luminier
MODERATOR (Project Discussion): missingno
MODERATOR (RM Discussion): Gratheo
MODERATOR (General Support): Miek
MODERATOR (RGSS Support): Brewmeister
MODERATOR (Resources): Zeriab
MODERATOR (Scripts): Seph
MODERATOR (Symposium): sixty
MODERATOR (NFG): Etheon
MODERATOR (Video Games): Totti
MODERATOR (Other Entertainment):Guardian1239
MODERATOR (Computer Hardware): Wyatt
MODERATOR (Writing):  The_Great_Terror
MODERATOR (Music): CeruleanSkye (Not sure how she spells it :x)
MODERATOR (Games and Apps): Missingno
MODERATOR (Web Design): nphyx

MODERATOR (Project Discussion): Dadevster

GLOBAL MODERATOR: Miek
GLOBAL MODERATOR: Sixty Luminier
GLOBAL MODERATOR: Zeriab
MODERATOR (RM Discussion): The Great Terror
MODERATOR (RGSS Support): Brewmeister
MODERATOR (Resources): Venetia
MODERATOR (Scripts): SephirothSpawn
MODERATOR (General): No idea
MODERATOR (Symposium): The Great Terror
MODERATOR (NFG): Missingno
MODERATOR (Video Games): Name
MODERATOR (Other Entertainment): Name
MODERATOR (Computer Hardware): Mr. N
MODERATOR (Writing): Guardian1239
MODERATOR (Music): Reives
MODERATOR (Games and Apps): That Alexander guy
MODERATOR (Web Design): Mr. N

I kind of agree about the Support group thing, they were pretty much the same as moderators and I never saw them around.

By the way, how did they pick staff before? And probably still will? (I really hope this doesn't become a popularity contest though. The idea of not being able to vote without a certain number of posts is certainly a good one.)

This should be really cool. I really want to see how this turns out.

ADMINISTRATOR: Shadow
GLOBAL MODERATOR: Asch
GLOBAL MODERATOR: Wyatt
GLOBAL MODERATOR: Arbiter
MODERATOR (Project Discussion): Lumi
MODERATOR (RM Discussion): Fayte
MODERATOR (RGSS Support): Dargor
MODERATOR (Resources): gratheo
MODERATOR (Scripts): OS
MODERATOR (General): The Great Terror
MODERATOR (Symposium):  Mr. N
MODERATOR (NFG): Missingno
MODERATOR (Video Games): Zarikashi
MODERATOR (Other Entertainment): Incognitus
MODERATOR (Computer Hardware):
MODERATOR (Writing): Speedpaws
MODERATOR (Art): berrybliss

Dadevster":1h1d3fvw said:
By the way, how did they pick staff before? And probably still will?
Someone brings up, "Hey, So-and-so is being a good member.  Should we promote them?"  Then the other staff members either agree or disagree.  I'm not entirely sure since I haven't witnessed it, but I believe that's how things go.

And on a side note, I'm working on finding a new name.  I won't change it until after the voting to avoid confusion, but I'll be getting rid of the numbers.

Guardian1239":3l69qdre said:
And on a side note, I'm working on finding a new name.  I won't change it until after the voting to avoid confusion, but I'll be getting rid of the numbers.

Thank God.

e

Sponsor

I daresay - nay, claim - the NFG is thoroughly acceptable post for a man of my stature. My countenance is in perfect resonance with such a title, and both it and I would bestow upon each other's bronze, glorious brows the laurels of glory.

Guardian1239":3r2dcqar said:
Dadevster":3r2dcqar said:
By the way, how did they pick staff before? And probably still will?
Someone brings up, "Hey, So-and-so is being a good member.  Should we promote them?"  Then the other staff members either agree or disagree.  I'm not entirely sure since I haven't witnessed it, but I believe that's how things go.
That is the norm

I'm not trying to earn brownie points.  I'm just trying to make the point that I feel that there is hardly anyone elese here who could pull off running these boards than the current staff.  I know it might sound like I'm trying to suck up to you guys, but I'm really not.

Its a stupid idea. Just because a bunch of whiny douche-fags had to whine and be douche-fags. Geezus, if it's so bad here, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.